• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You ignore the evidence.
Your explanation of how the animals ended up within the Permafrost - I think you said something like they might have gotten “too close to a glacier” - cracked me up. (That was a good laugh.)

You have no other viable explanation.

I guess the other evidences are just “coincidences.”
You do not appear to have any evidence. You do not even have a reliable source for your claim.

And what was wrong with them getting to close to a glacier during a period of massive glaciation? It is far better than any of your ad hoc explanations. At least I did not have to rely on magic.

Colt

If this were true - that the Bible is simply embellished lies & fabricated history - it never would have become one of the most respected books, certainly the most popular book, ever written!

Contemporary writers would have trashed it’s veracity, decrying it’s prophecies.

We don’t find that to be the case…

The ancient Library of Alexandria, the Pergamum Library, et. al., if they still existed, would probably uphold much of what is found in Scripture. (Modern Archeology does so all the time.)

With the loss of those libraries, we lost much of our understanding of ancient history.
The problem with the Bible is that some of it is true. A false sense of the sacredness of the scripture prevents the writings of holy men from being safeguarded by just a little common sense. The kind of proud Holy men who were capable of putting Jesus of Nazareth through a trumped-up trial and crucifixion were perfectly capable of exaggerating their history. The absurdity of Noah's flood story should be obvious to thinking people.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If this were true - that the Bible is simply embellished lies & fabricated history - it never would have become one of the most respected books, certainly the most popular book, ever written!
Doesn't follow.
Contemporary writers would have trashed it’s veracity, decrying it’s prophecies.

We don’t find that to be the case…

The ancient Library of Alexandria, the Pergamum Library, et. al., if they still existed, would probably uphold much of what is found in Scripture. (Modern Archeology does so all the time.)

With the loss of those libraries, we lost much of our understanding of ancient history.
A quick read through the Gospels will demonstrate how the stories became embellished over time, in my opinion.
It becomes even more apparent whey you read the non-canonical gospels and notice even further embellishments from the earlier stories (non-originals, of course, because we don't have those).

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Of a smaller flood yes. Building his house in houseboat fashion, bringing the animals in at night in anticipation of periodic flooding, Noah’s story became legend. The Hebrew priest class adopted and expanded the known legend.
I'm saying that the record of Moses implies strongly that Noah kept a detailed account of the Flood events. You might want to read about it in Genesis. It's detailed. You can say what you want but I am convinced it was not only transmitted through those who cared (like some of Noah's descendants) but eventually got to Moses' knowledge. It's there in the Bible. No secret. The atmosphere changed anyway after the Flood. It had to, springs coming up from underground, etc.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What makes you say that? Where is your evidence for that claim?
It's logical when you think about it. But you must know that even within the pages of the Bible are opposers to interpretations and the God of Abraham , Isaac and the prophets, the one that comes to mind is that of Moses and his discussions with Pharaoh. I realize you likely don't believe it happened as written, but that's ok. I know you will probably deny the truthfulness of the account. Pharaoh was not a believer in the God of Moses (who met him--you probably remember--from the burning bush account) but many did. Not all though. As @Hockeycowboy pointed out, a great library was destroyed but the Bible remains. Thank God for that.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The absurdity of Noah's flood story should be obvious to thinking people.
Was it a controlled event? Yes. What’s asinine to me, is to ignore the evidence that exists.
Which I posted above in the ReligiousForums URL address. Just copy & paste. (For some reason it didn’t become a link.)

Contrary to what many on here think, just presenting counter-arguments that don’t focus on the observed facts, is no refutation.

Did you know the Bible comments on Earth’s topography, prior to the Flood?(Psalm 104) It indicates that geologic features, such as mountains, were not as pronounced as they are today. IOW, the Earth’s surface was much smoother than now; there was no Mt. Everest. The high ranges did not exist… or at least, were not as high. We can see the youthful-looking features, geologically speaking, of many mountainous chains.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's logical when you think about it. But you must know that even within the pages of the Bible are opposers to interpretations and the God of Abraham , Isaac and the prophets, the one that comes to mind is that of Moses and his discussions with Pharaoh. I realize you likely don't believe it happened as written, but that's ok. I know you will probably deny the truthfulness of the account. Pharaoh was not a believer in the God of Moses (who met him--you probably remember--from the burning bush account) but many did. Not all though. As @Hockeycowboy pointed out, a great library was destroyed but the Bible remains. Thank God for that.
No, it is not logical at all. You are merely making weak excuses. The logical behavior is not to believe until sufficient reliable evidence is give to you and you do not seem to have any. It is just a story that you do not understand because it once again portrays God as the bad guy several times. Though once or twice Pharoah hardened his own heart most of the time it was God. Which mean that God was torturing Pharoah and the Egyptians for fun. Including the lowly peasants that had nothing to do with the abuse of the Hebrews. It "makes sense" form a tribal sense of justice, but that is nowhere near being real justice.

Once again, you should be happy that God is not the evil monster that is portrayed in Genesis and Exodus.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Was it a controlled event? Yes. What’s asinine to me, is to ignore the evidence that exists.
Which I posted above in the ReligiousForums URL address. Just copy & paste. (For some reason it didn’t become a link.)

There was no evidence there. That was just you admitting that you were wrong by referring to old arguments that you lost countless times. You need to learn what scientific evidence is. You clearly do not understand the concept. All you have are worthless ad hoc explanations that are not properly supported.
Contrary to what many on here think, just presenting counter-arguments that don’t focus on the observed facts, is no refutation.

But no facts or even an argument has been posted by you. Only empty claims that can be refuted by a handwave.
Did you know the Bible comments on Earth’s topography, prior to the Flood?(Psalm 104) It indicates that geologic features, such as mountains, were not as pronounced as they are today. IOW, the Earth’s surface was much smoother than now; there was no Mt. Everest. The high ranges did not exist… or at least, were not as high. We can see the youthful-looking features, geologically speaking, of many mountainous chains.
Well there you go. You just admitted that the Bible is wrong because we can show that not to be the case.

Colt

I'm saying that the record of Moses implies strongly that Noah kept a detailed account of the Flood events. You might want to read about it in Genesis. It's detailed. You can say what you want but I am convinced it was not only transmitted through those who cared (like some of Noah's descendants) but eventually got to Moses' knowledge. It's there in the Bible. No secret. The atmosphere changed anyway after the Flood. It had to, springs coming up from underground,

There was no flood and Mount Everest is 60 million years old. I live in the Appalachian mountains which are 480 million years old. The Israelites invented the flood because they were unable to trace their genealogy all the way back to the Adam of Mesopotamian religions. They hijacked history and distorted it! IMOP.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
There was no flood and Mount Everest is 60 million years old. I live in the Appalachian mountains which are 480 million years old. The Israelites invented the flood because they were unable to trace their genealogy all the way back to the Adam of Mesopotamian religions. They hijacked history and distorted it! IMOP.
Again, if that were true, the Israelites would have been derided as liars, the Bible would have been scorned by its contemporaries, and it never would have achieved the fame it has! (It is everywhere; which is what you’d expect if Jehovah God’s power was indeed behind it.)

You must ascribe some very dark motives to its authors.

Colt

Again, if that were true, the Israelites would have been derided as liars, the Bible would have been scorned by its contemporaries, and it never would have achieved the fame it has! (It is everywhere; which is what you’d expect if Jehovah God’s power was indeed behind it.)

You must ascribe some very dark motives to its authors.
You may not be aware but cultures all around the Middle East are well aware that the Israelites cooked the books! Jewish Christians put the new wine into the old wine skins which Jesus warned about. They were still trying to convince their brethren to join the new religion. It caused a worse problem of confusion and conflict.

Dark motive? Holy men in Judaism (not all Jews) had Jesus crucified!!!!! Exaggerating their history was child’s play by comparison! IMOP

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Dark motive? Holy men in Judaism (not all Jews) had Jesus crucified!!!!! Exaggerating their history was child’s play by comparison!
I was speaking about the Bible writers, writers of the same books Jesus quoted from.

Jesus himself believed in the Flood.
Matthew 24:37-39.

Colt

I was speaking about the Bible writers, writers of the same books Jesus quoted from.

Jesus himself believed in the Flood.
Matthew 24:37-39.
No, Jesus would have known that the flood was a myth. Those words were misremembered by subsequent Jewish writers who had an agenda. A 600 year old man in a boat with his mixed race in-laws + millions of animals for a year is just a little difficult to accept. But I support your right to believe it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Mount Everest is 60 million years old.
Do the Himalayas endure a lot of weathering! You bet they do!
If what you said above were true, we would not see the pristine, distinct & sharp features we find on & near their peaks… experiencing 60 million years of erosion, they’d be rounded stumps, at least way more rounded than what we see!

(Please don’t misunderstand me… I did not say *all* mountain ranges. I said “many”. You can see the Appalachians have been around for quite a while, “460 million years,” as you said, I don’t doubt. The Blue Ridge, & Great Smokies, are old.

But quite a few, the Rockies, parts of the Andes, are geologically very young…and such a view is supported by observation.
The rocks themselves are very old… but the features they form? They are young.

Last edited: