• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything happens for a reason?

Huey09

He who struggles with God
I know this will most likely give no satisfying answer but I have to ask. When people talk and say phrases like "its all a part of God's plan" or the title above are there any schools of thought in Christianity that contest this idea of very detailed plan that governs all our lives like destiny or fate that we really have no say or control over? If so what are these others philosophies on fate in Christianity?

Sultan Of Swing

I know this will most likely give no satisfying answer but I have to ask. When people talk and say phrases like "its all a part of God's plan" or the title above are there any schools of thought in Christianity that contest this idea of very detailed plan that governs all our lives like destiny or fate that we really have no say or control over? If so what are these others philosophies on fate in Christianity?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_theism

(Not something I agree with, but basically makes God's foreknowledge totally flexible and in harmony with a person's free will)

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I went to a United Methodist Bible study and they said not everything happens for a reason. My thoughts are, how does one know when something happens for a reason and when it doesn't?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Please notice Ecclesiastes 9:11 because unforeseen events happen to all of us.

Also, please notice fate or destiny is Not involved according to Ecclesiastes 7:17

Jesus pointed out it was just wrong place / wrong time for those 18 people at Luke 13:4-5

We all have free-will choices: We can freely choose to repent or not - 2 Peter 3:9

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
(Not something I agree with, but basically makes God's foreknowledge totally flexible and in harmony with a person's free will)

Interesting thought about God's foreknowledge being flexible and in harmony with a person's free will. ^ above ^

God's Word ( Scripture ) does tell us the happy ending for Earth at Revelation 22:2, but as to who will be part of that happiness is still an unknown number.
Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5 - but as to who will end up as humble ' sheep ' or haughty ' goats ', so to speak, remains to be seen.
Seen at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - before the start of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership starts when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. We're all asked to repent - 2 Peter 3:9 - and the choice is freely ours to make.