• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eve and her husband.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
FatMan said:
The trees must represent the body's own defenses:p

I was thinking that maybe Eve demanded that Adam dig up some bushes from the garden and plant them outside the garden so Eve could hide in them. Adam wanted to go fishing instead with his buddies.

SoyLeche

meh...
sandy whitelinger said:
I was thinking that maybe Eve demanded that Adam dig up some bushes from the garden and plant them outside the garden so Eve could hide in them. Adam wanted to go fishing instead with his buddies.
I'm thinking they were probably walking along the border of the garden - Adam in and Eve out :shrug:

What I can't figure out is how Eve got the fruit off of the tree in the middle of the Garden without being in there herself. It doesn't seem like Adam got it for her....

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
What I can't figure out is how Eve got the fruit off of the tree in the middle of the Garden without being in there herself. It doesn't seem like Adam got it for her....

She bought it at the farmer's market in the suburbs of Eden.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
sandy whitelinger said:
Yes, a real snake.

(BTW I like your avatar.)
He made quite an asp of himself...

And, when she'd been duped, Eve told him, "fangs, alot!"

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
krashlock;
we cant asume things we must go with wat the bible says; read the following;
Who is Eden?

Eden is your physical body described from one angle; let us see if I can prove this to you.

Gen 2: 8 and the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden.
Therefore: Eden is NOT a garden, but a “garden was planted” in Eden. This garden being your five senses or your brain/face. Eastward is your face, where all of your senses meet in your brain. East is the front of your body.

The Hebrew meaning of garden is: to fence or guard or protect (the senses are there to protect us) therefore the garden is symbolized by your senses.

Verse 8 continued: and there (in the garden) He put the man who He (already) had formed, for the bible says God first created man and then the woman, a body for the man.
Verse 15: the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden in Eden (your face) to dress it and to keep it.
What does this mean?

Dress(Hebrew) = to advance, accomplish, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, prepare, enslave, keep in bondage, execute, husbandman, servant, worshipper and many more, but it speaks for itself, namely to “evolve” the human body.

To keep = to preserve (until the resurrection, until we are intelligent enough to find the way to defeat the guard of the tree of eternal life)
I can assure you the way/road is now open.

We can therefore say the garden is your head/face, and God put this spiritual man/husband in your head/face/garden to be your husband/man to advance the human body (to bring it to perfection) and to keep it alive eternally, to feed it spiritually.

Verse 10: and a river went out of Eden (your body) to water the (this) garden (in your face)

River(Hebrew) = a stream, to sparkle, to be cheerful.

To water(Hebrew) = to irrigate, cause to drink, (to supply) semen (seeds) Water is a symbol of spirit.

It is clear from this that Eden, the human body, must feed the husband/man/spirit with knowledge (from the eye/seeds) and keep him alive to sparkle and be cheerful and to supply semen.

Verse 10 continues: and from thence (the garden/face/your head) it was parted, and became into four heads (streams).

The four heads = your spinal cord, your veins, your nose or breathing channel and your gullet.

Verse 11: the name of the first is Pison, that is it, which compasseth the whole land Havilah, where there was gold.

Pison(Hebrew) = fast flowing, scattered, disperse, to spread.

Havilah (Hebrew) = circular, twist or whirl, in a circular or spiral manner, it also implicates feeling of pain, fear, grief, hope etc.

This clearly describes your brain, spinal cord, nerve system, which is fast flowing, scattered, circular, a circle, spiral etc, too and from the brain and to make you aware of pain for instance.

Verse 13: the name of the second river is Gihon. The same is it that campasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

Gihon (Hebrew) = a fountain, to gush forth, a stream, a river of paradise.

Ethiopia (Hebrew) = territory (meaning the one in command.)

This is your heart as the fountain, and the veins through your body (a circulatory system) your soul is in your blood – your “river” of paradise – happiness. Also your blood/heart is the one in “command”.

Verse 14: the name of the third river is Hiddekel, which is it that goes toward the east of Assyria.

Hiddekel(Hebrew): to sting, prickly plant (the lungs look like the leafs of a prickly plant), and big river.

Assyria(Hebrew): to be straight, collect or inhabitant

Clearly this describes your respiratory system (air pipe and lungs, which run in the front of your body, namely the east = your front.)

Verse 14 continues: and the fourth river is the Euphrates.

Euphrates (Hebrew) = to break forth, rushing, river on the east, grow, increase, bring forth.

This is your digestive system (gullet, intestines and stomach that feeds/grow)

These “river” systems/organs feed the garden in Eden (your body).
I say; your body feeds your spirits and the spirits are there to protect and advance you.

Verse 9: out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food, the tree of life also in the midst of the garden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Out of the ground means “out of the body” that’s created out of soil/ground.

These trees are your five senses – sense of sound, sight, taste, smell, and touch. All of them connected to the brain (in the garden.)
We discuss these trees later on.

However, let me add this:
The tree of knowledge of good and evil was not guarded; humans have the “free choice” to eat the fruit of this tree. All of us still eat this fruit each and every day.

However: the tree of life was guarded by cherubim, which were placed at the east of the garden of Eden where man has been before God replaced him, which is the front of your face, in your brain (forehead, front part of your brain)

Now you can understand and agree that Eve was not driven out of Eden, because Eden is Eve, your physical body.

Could you please provide me with the actual Hebrew words for everything you posted above? Thank you.

XAAX

johannes said:
did you know; only the man was in the garden in Eden and not Eve? why do we then preach that both of them was in this garden?
Gen.2:15; and the lord god took the man and put him into the garden in Eden.
and did you know only man was driven out of the garden in Eden and not Eve?
why do we then preach that both of them were driven out of this garden?
Gen;3:24; so he drove out the man.... (from the garden in Eden.)
And you believe this story Johannes?

XAAX

Speaking on the whole Garden story. God created Adam and Eve. Eve, got Adam to eat the apple(As all women in the bible screwed up something), yada, yada, yada….you know the rest. Here is my question. We know they had children. Who did their children mate with to pro-create? It makes vague reference to after all this they just went out into the world(Nod). Where did these people come from and why would they not have been included in the story? Just wondering what ideas you guys might have?

SoyLeche

meh...
PREACH THE NETT said:
Speaking on the whole Garden story. God created Adam and Eve. Eve, got Adam to eat the apple(As all women in the bible screwed up something), yada, yada, yada….you know the rest. Here is my question. We know they had children. Who did their children mate with to pro-create? It makes vague reference to after all this they just went out into the world(Nod). Where did these people come from and why would they not have been included in the story? Just wondering what ideas you guys might have?
Their other children - silly. Or, possibly their other children's children.

Random

PREACH THE NETT said:

I believe "ADAM" and "EVE" were personifications of an elder race of Humans from which we are descended. That is, the modern male is a descendent of the "Adamic" race and the modern female a descendent of race of "Eve": this plurality explains for me the genetic diversity and aviods the incestuous connotations of Genesis. Is this, I wonder, a valid view?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
FatMan said:
I actually think the first mistake is taking an interpretation of the Bible and assuming that it is correct. While you think that the Garden of Eden represents your physical body, I can make an equally "adept" assumption that the Lord God was a farmer, and planting the Garden was a literal event.

I wouldn't make either of us right. In fact, neither of us would most likely be.

I think it all sounds like a bad science experiment where some scientists got together and created a being and decided to clone and genetically minipulate that creation to form a woman. These scientist created all the animals in the ocean and on the earth and the feable mindedness of man could not understand it so he wrote it and interpeted it as he saw it.

No, I don't necessarily belive the above but it is another interpertation. Some believe the scientists were aliens, some believe it wad God and his angelic beings.

Is my interpertation credible? Probably no more than his with the whole Eden represents the body and senses....face...brain...yada...yada...

Now...I going to read revealtions and take it at face vale....whoa...locust with breastplates....candle sticks...opening of seals......mark of the beast.....woa...

one man's interpertation is another's religion.....no kool aide or comets for me thank you.

SoyLeche

meh...
PREACH THE NETT said:
I came up with a fairly simplified model. In this model, Adam and Eve have 1 child every 2 years. These children are in an order such that for every 2 children born, one is male and one is female. Each pair of children starts having kids when the youngest turns 18, and they also have 1 child every 2 years. I'm also assuming no deaths.

From the story, Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old. Under my assumptions (which I know are overly simplified - and if you can come up with better assumptions I might consider reworking it), at that time there would have been 36,251 people on the Earth. All we really know about the timing of Cain and Abel is that it happened before Seth was born. If it happened 30 years before Seth was born, there still would have been 4,102 people around.

In case you were wondering, when Adam was 250 years old (he lived into his 900s - remember) - there would have been 221,454,721 people.

XAAX

SoyLeche said:
I came up with a fairly simplified model. In this model, Adam and Eve have 1 child every 2 years. These children are in an order such that for every 2 children born, one is male and one is female. Each pair of children starts having kids when the youngest turns 18, and they also have 1 child every 2 years. I'm also assuming no deaths.

From the story, Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old. Under my assumptions (which I know are overly simplified - and if you can come up with better assumptions I might consider reworking it), at that time there would have been 36,251 people on the Earth. All we really know about the timing of Cain and Abel is that it happened before Seth was born. If it happened 30 years before Seth was born, there still would have been 4,102 people around.

In case you were wondering, when Adam was 250 years old (he lived into his 900s - remember) - there would have been 221,454,721 people.

Are you saying we come from incest?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
PREACH THE NETT said:

Yea... I hear ya. I asked this question too.

Some one here said They procreated with each other....well i thought that genetics have shown that you can produce a pretty screwed up (geneticly) kid. You like how i used the BIG WORDS?? (screwed up)
icon11.gif

I've always wondered if cain and abel were the only kids, as mentioned in the beginning, then how did cain know his wife? who was she and where did she come from.

The bible does a great job of mentioning the geneology of certain people and it goes in depth of these people but not the two most important character's geleology. Maybe out of all that time Eve kept having girls. It wasn't until Gen 4:25 that it mentions another kid being born and guess what.....It's a boy.......

If Adam and Eve were truely the FIRST man and woman then they, (the kids), were procreating with each other but Leviticus 18 is totally against this idea so who were they procreating with????

if they were procreating with each other then, without starting a new discussion, why do people look so different (White, black, asian etc)?

hhhhuummmmm... I guess this is a debate for another day.

SoyLeche

meh...
PREACH THE NETT said:
Are you saying we come from incest?
Most every definition of incest that I've seen refers to people who are "too closely related to be married according to law or custom". If "law" or "custom" doesn't say that brothers and sisters are too closely related to be married - it isn't incest.

Also, either way you go - you are eventually going to find incest. Do you really think that Lucy was concerned about whether her mate was too closely related to her? What about the fish-type creature a couple of million years earlier?

Look into your own family history. It might surprise you how far back you find first cousins.