• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eve and her husband.

SoyLeche

meh...
DreGod07 said:
Yea... I hear ya. I asked this question too.

Some one here said They procreated with each other....well i thought that genetics have shown that you can produce a pretty screwed up (geneticly) kid. You like how i used the BIG WORDS?? (screwed up)
icon11.gif
I'm not a geneticist - but I thought this was only a problem if there is a recessive genetic defect that eventually gets more likely to show itself. If such a defect weren't present...
I've always wondered if cain and abel were the only kids, as mentioned in the beginning, then how did cain know his wife? who was she and where did she come from.
They were the first kids mentioned. It never mentions that they were the first kids.
The bible does a great job of mentioning the geneology of certain people and it goes in depth of these people but not the two most important character's geleology. Maybe out of all that time Eve kept having girls. It wasn't until Gen 4:25 that it mentions another kid being born and guess what.....It's a boy.......
It does a great job of following certain geneological lines - but that's about it.
If Adam and Eve were truely the FIRST man and woman then they, (the kids), were procreating with each other but Leviticus 18 is totally against this idea so who were they procreating with????
Leviticus 18 wasn't in effect yet. A few generations after Adam and Eve the need for "incest" wouldn't be an issue anymore.
if they were procreating with each other then, without starting a new discussion, why do people look so different (White, black, asian etc)?

hhhhuummmmm... I guess this is a debate for another day.
Again - I'm not a geneticist - so I can't answer that one.

SoyLeche

meh...
Godlike said:
I believe "ADAM" and "EVE" were personifications of an elder race of Humans from which we are descended. That is, the modern male is a descendent of the "Adamic" race and the modern female a descendent of race of "Eve": this plurality explains for me the genetic diversity and aviods the incestuous connotations of Genesis. Is this, I wonder, a valid view?
While I don't believe this is the case - it wouldn't bother me if it was.

johannes

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. " Albert Einstein.
if i read the things some people write here i can only say; i cant agree more!!!!

FatMan

johannes said:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. " Albert Einstein.
if i read the things some people write here i can only say; i cant agree more!!!!

This an ironic quote since I think it applies to you moreso than anyone else on this thread.

If quoting einstein is the closest one can get to genius than Bully To You!!

SoyLeche

meh...
FatMan said:
This an ironic quote since I think it applies to you moreso than anyone else on this thread.

If quoting einstein is the closest one can get to genius than Bully To You!!
Don't Feed the Trolls!!!

(This post may have crossed the lines into a personal attack - and I wouldn't want to see you getting in trouble for something like this)

FatMan

SoyLeche said:
Don't Feed the Trolls!!!

(This post may have crossed the lines into a personal attack - and I wouldn't want to see you getting in trouble for something like this)

If I must take one for the team, so be it. I still have a few warnings to kill, plus I'm in Germany preparing for a comedy gig.

(Making germans laugh will make the nicest of us mean....)

*Deleted*

Adam and Eve in the Garden---together. In the beginning....of this particular story, associated with Hebrews. It's their "in the beginning." What? 2 or 3,000 years ago?
Humans were living on Earth, making cave paintings all over the world up to around 38,000 years ago.
Adam "births" Eve from his side (reversal of biology)---these guys want to have babies you know, but can't, so claim to have the first human--in story, but powerful nonetheless. Of course, this can't go on, as Eve is then called "The Mother of All Living." Then banned.
Serpent and trees---symbols of the old religion (way older than new upstart religion)---sacred serpent and groves of fruit trees (sort of a communion with the female divine)---why would Eve not listen to her sacred symbols? So many reversals in these myths. But for a reason that set the "new" story up.
Sort of like if a Christian today took communion and then got banned for it (ie, the tables turned for some other agenda--ie, if communion was suddenly made evil--- by some sacred text and the deity of that text---via the writers---the questions become---(IMHO) what were the reasons behind this? Does everyone know that painted on the Sistine Chapel smack in the middle of Christendom, the "serpent" is painted as a woman (yes, all the way from top of her head to her uppper thighs--then serpent on down.) Same in a sculpture on Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Same in much fine art that has its effects, that's for sure.

Adam and Eve had lots of children--Cain and Abel, and Seth the only males listed--of course they married their sisters---there wasn't anyone they could mate with. Jesus mjakes it very plain that the angels are not sexual beings. In the beginning there were no genetic flaws to pass down. Marrying a sister was not a sin until much later. After the flood they did the same thing--it was after the flood, after genetic flaws started developing that that God stepped in and said no more and then it was incest. It's taboo in virtually every culture as they could see the results of it. The Egyptians used to marry sisters, and even they quite when they started to see what it did to the Pharoes. What makes anyone think that Adam and Eve were not created with the genetic ability to produce offspring of different colors??? A lot of people think that at the time of the tower of Babel, when God gave people different languages so they had to disperse, that He also changed their color then---maybe, but maybe God seperated them by the colors that were allready there and gave to each their language and then genetics took over. And as for the age of rocks--the earth was void and without form---so for how long and what was that "core" that God placed there and later came back to broaden the creation?? How old was Adam when he was created? He was not made a child--he was formed as a grown man--how old was the first tree, the first rocks,. the first dirt???

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Adam and Eve had lots of children--Cain and Abel, and Seth the only males listed--of course they married their sisters---there wasn't anyone they could mate with. Jesus mjakes it very plain that the angels are not sexual beings. In the beginning there were no genetic flaws to pass down. Marrying a sister was not a sin until much later. After the flood they did the same thing--it was after the flood, after genetic flaws started developing that that God stepped in and said no more and then it was incest. It's taboo in virtually every culture as they could see the results of it. The Egyptians used to marry sisters, and even they quite when they started to see what it did to the Pharoes. What makes anyone think that Adam and Eve were not created with the genetic ability to produce offspring of different colors??? A lot of people think that at the time of the tower of Babel, when God gave people different languages so they had to disperse, that He also changed their color then---maybe, but maybe God seperated them by the colors that were allready there and gave to each their language and then genetics took over. And as for the age of rocks--the earth was void and without form---so for how long and what was that "core" that God placed there and later came back to broaden the creation?? How old was Adam when he was created? He was not made a child--he was formed as a grown man--how old was the first tree, the first rocks,. the first dirt???
Ain't science fiction wonderful?
Where are the guys from "Mystery Science Theater???"

Geeze--can't you give it a break--this is a debate--all you're able to do is spar--no--you're not twisting reality--you at least have to be aware of reality in order to twist it--you're not even close. Disagreeing is one thing, you just plain live to insult and it's best to ignore you seeing as you really have nothing of any significance to say--goodbye--hope you get a reality check real soon--I'll just have to put you on my prayer list.

kepha31

There are only two verses in the entire Bible where a woman and a serpent appear in the same verse. Gen. 3:15 and Rev. 12:17. If "Eve" means "mother of all the living", and if we are all "alive in Christ" then who is the woman in Rev. 12:17?

sojourner

Geeze--can't you give it a break--this is a debate--all you're able to do is spar--no--you're not twisting reality--you at least have to be aware of reality in order to twist it--you're not even close. Disagreeing is one thing, you just plain live to insult and it's best to ignore you seeing as you really have nothing of any significance to say--goodbye--hope you get a reality check real soon--I'll just have to put you on my prayer list.
All one can do with your posts is spar. They're not worth debating. they're too full of unfounded opinion and wild conjecture. What you said in the post to which I responded was nothing more than science fiction -- and I said so. It's obvious to anyone with a brain stem. That constitutes a summary opinion of your post. If you'd like, we can debate your points one at a time. But be forewarned that I'm going to ask you to provide your sources for your exegetical conclusions. We can start with your statement that incest was OK, if you like.

Last edited:
Apparently you've not done much reading, and I don't mean just of the Bible. Brothers marrying sister was pracriced among most cultures for a while--not just the Egyptians, and the Romans and Greeks---Abraham was married to his sister--actually half sister--his son Isaak married the daughter of his fathers brother--1st cousins--hand picked by God.If you own a bible, read it for yourself. But then you don't believe in God or the Bible as being real so it doesn't matter. What I would really like to hear is how you think man got on this earth. I can hardly contain myself with anticipation of those lofty thoughts--and don't forget to provide your sources.

sojourner

Brothers marrying sister was pracriced among most cultures for a while
So was murder. And idolatry. And theft. And genocide. Need I continue?
But then you don't believe in God or the Bible as being real so it doesn't matter.
Oh? I don't, eh? Perhaps you should tune in to some of my other 13,465 posts. Especially those in the Christian DIR...
What I would really like to hear is how you think man got on this earth.
What I'd really like to hear is some real debate with real topics.