• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelism and Hypocrisy

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Miscarrige != abortion.
huh, whatever gets you through the dark night of the soul

Management of Spontaneous Abortion

Spontaneous abortion refers to pregnancy loss at less than 20 weeks’ gestation in the absence of elective medical or surgical measures to terminate the pregnancy. The term “miscarriage” is synonymous and often is used with patients because the word “abortion” is associated with elective termination. “Spontaneous pregnancy loss” has been recommended to avoid the term “abortion” and acknowledge the emotional aspects of losing a pregnancy.1 Another emotionally neutral term is “early pregnancy failure

eik

I would say Biden's faithfulness to his Catholic social justice teaching is obvious.
That's exactly what I meant. Sticking with the Catholic bandwagon for the sake of his political reputation.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't consider the fables of ancient primitives to be convincing or compelling. I'm simply looking at things through the lens of objective logic.
But that doesn't negate my position. I find it very logical.

Kenny

Premium Member
black and white matthew 10:37

the richman kept thinking of he and his; when he asked abraham to send someone to his brothers. abraham explained why the gulf couldn't be breached.

simple

the service to self has to change their mind and become service to all as self; otherwise there is no meeting of minds, no bridging/overcoming the problem.
I don't see what this has to do with what we are talking about... did you confuse me with someone else?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't see what this has to do with what we are talking about... did you confuse me with someone else?
no you confused me with someone else. the father is spirit, worship in spirit not on flesh. jesus was flesh. the Spirit takes no exact form but it takes an exaction. that is why the hallowed name is a verb

service to self isn't sufficient, or efficient.

Kenny

Premium Member
no you confused me with someone else. the father is spirit, worship in spirit not on flesh. jesus was flesh. the Spirit takes no exact form but it takes an exaction. that is why the hallowed name is a verb

service to self isn't sufficient, or efficient.
I don't think we were talking about that. :(

Kenny

Premium Member

the richman kept thinking of he and his; when he asked abraham to send someone to his brothers. abraham explained why the gulf couldn't be breached.

simple

the service to self has to change their mind and become service to all as self; otherwise there is no meeting of minds, no bridging/overcoming the problem.

Exactly! Son how did you go from that to this!

simple

They are incongruent

eik

huh, whatever gets you through the dark night of the soul

Management of Spontaneous Abortion

Spontaneous abortion refers to pregnancy loss at less than 20 weeks’ gestation in the absence of elective medical or surgical measures to terminate the pregnancy. The term “miscarriage” is synonymous and often is used with patients because the word “abortion” is associated with elective termination. “Spontaneous pregnancy loss” has been recommended to avoid the term “abortion” and acknowledge the emotional aspects of losing a pregnancy.1 Another emotionally neutral term is “early pregnancy failure
The jargon of medics and vets is not in use by the ordinary person. Abortion may be used of pregnancy loss in cattle, in a vetinary context, and it may by used by medics of people, even where spontaneous, but the understanding of the word in the political setting is elective abortion exclusively.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Coming from someone who doesn't believe in God?
I'm agnostic leaning deist/pantheist. Religion is mostly presuption and projection. We've made god in our image, not the other way around. We've anthropomorphized and simplified god - bringing "him" down to our level - in order to be more understandable and relatable. How religions perceive and portray their gods says far more about the cultures from which they've originated than it does about any actual gods.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
I'm agnostic leaning deist/pantheism. Religion is mostly presuption and projection. We've made god in our image, not the other way around. We've athropomorphized and simplified god - bringing "him" down to our level - in order to be more understandable and relatable. How religions perceive and portray their gods says far more about the cultures from which they've originated than it does about any actual gods.
Yes, that is your viewpoint which you have every right to have.

I see it differently. When I see where God said "Let us make man in our image and in our likeness" and it is said that God is Love - I see man as an expression of who He is.

When I see the joining of a man with a woman that God created, I see it as a love message of God expressing how He want the same relationship with mankind as expressed both in Genesis 2 and Ephesians 5.

Not that you are wrong and I am right, or I am wrong and you are right... we just live our lives under different paradigms of beliefs.

We aren't trying to bring God down to our level but rather God is trying to bring us up to His level..

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Exactly! Son how did you go from that to this!

They are incongruent
because again it's not based on forms, it is based on an action. This is why forms are unimportant beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. The fruit, action of the spirit is love.a good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit; so then the form of the tree is unimportant. Simply because it's a tree or related to the rich man doesn't make it anyting but self-serving. Love is not a respecter of persons love is not a respecter of form.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The jargon of medics and vets is not in use by the ordinary person. Abortion may be used of pregnancy loss in cattle, in a vetinary context, and it may by used by medics of people, even where spontaneous, but the understanding of the word in the political setting is elective abortion exclusively.
Again keep telling yourself that if it gets you through this

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes, that is your viewpoint which you have every right to have.

I see it differently. When I see where God said "Let us make man in our image and in our likeness" and it is said that God is Love - I see man as an expression of who He is.

When I see the joining of a man with a woman that God created, I see it as a love message of God expressing how He want the same relationship with mankind as expressed both in Genesis 2 and Ephesians 5.

Not that you are wrong and I am right, or I am wrong and you are right... we just live our lives under different paradigms of beliefs.

We aren't trying to bring God down to our level but rather God is trying to bring us up to His level..

I imagine that God, having infinite intelligence, would also have infinite understanding; a being of pure love and pure logic. Therefore anything that is devoid of either reason or compassion cannot be of God, thus 99% of the world's religions, their scriptures, etc. can be slam dunked right into the :toilet:

Kenny

Premium Member
I imagine that God, having infinite intelligence, would also have infinite understanding; a being of pure love and pure logic. Therefore anything that is devoid of either reason or compassion cannot be of God, thus 99% of the world's religions, their scriptures, etc. can be slam dunked right into the :toilet:

Yes, but that is only part of the story. Insert free-will beings who own the world--mankind (until Jesus returns) - and you now have things that are devoid of reason and compassion.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes, but that is only part of the story. Insert free-will beings who own the world--mankind (until Jesus returns) - and you now have things that are devoid of reason and compassion.
Exactly. You have flawed mortals inventing flawed gods who commamd their worshipers to brutally murder people for eating shrimp, as an example.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Why would a group who worships God and/or Jesus promote hypocrisy?

I don't know of any Christians that "promote" hypocrisy. But Christians may be no more free from this weakness than are the many non-Christian hypocrites in the world.