• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelism and Hypocrisy

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't know of any Christians that "promote" hypocrisy. But Christians may be no more free from this weakness than are the many non-Christian hypocrites in the world.
mega preachers, mega churches, any church community not actively working in their communities to help the poor and promote justice and equality.

pearl

That's exactly what I meant. Sticking with the Catholic bandwagon for the sake of his political reputation.

So you are saying that once one enters the political arena they should give up their religious beliefs?
First you accuse Biden of being unfaithful to his religious beliefs, then you accuse him of 'sticking' with them.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Exactly. You have flawed mortals inventing flawed gods who commamd their worshipers to brutally murder people for eating shrimp, as an example.
Again... it is just a point of view.

Yes, you have mortals inventing gods. You also have people who counterfeit good money. But to say every one is flawed is to say all money is counterfeit.

I don't know of any religion that murders people for eating shrimp.

What I do know, with lack of biology understanding of that time, ingesting fish that don't have scales and fins (like shrimp) have a higher risk of getting sick and/or the possibility of death.

If you look at unclean foods, you will actually find scientific reasoning for it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Again... it is just a point of view.

Yes, you have mortals inventing gods. You also have people who counterfeit good money. But to say every one is flawed is to say all money is counterfeit.

Aside from our imaginations, what is money but pieces of paper and metal?

I don't know of any religion that murders people for eating shrimp.

What I do know, with lack of biology understanding of that time, ingesting fish that don't have scales and fins (like shrimp) have a higher risk of getting sick and/or the possibility of death.

If you look at unclean foods, you will actually find scientific reasoning for it.

So what's the scientific reasoning to killing people for wearing mixed fabrics or for talking to menstruating women?

eik

So you are saying that once one enters the political arena they should give up their religious beliefs?
First you accuse Biden of being unfaithful to his religious beliefs, then you accuse him of 'sticking' with them.
No, I accuse him of being unfaithful to his "stated" religious beliefs. Abortion is by no means the only one. He is also pro gay marriage, which in Christian terms is pro-blasphemy, and even blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Biden is as far removed from Christianity as you can get.

And yet, he still pretends to be a Catholic, which if it means anything, it means pro Christianity.

I am not accusing him of sticking with any "religious beliefs." I am accusing him of hypocrisy by using religion to garner votes and deceive Christians that he's someone whom Christians can put their faith in.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Aside from our imaginations, what is money but pieces of paper and metal?

well.. fools gold, you can't do a thing with but with real gold you can use in a multitude of products. So there are religious things that is fools gold but it doesn't change the fact that there is gold in God. :D

So what's the scientific reasoning to killing people for wearing mixed fabrics or for talking to menstruating women?

Could you quote me the scriptures please?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
do what i say and not what i do.

related to the seven woes that jesus spoke of.

Matthew 23:13-39
Ok.

Now, how do you measure hypocrisy.
Merely listing hypocrisies does not explain how to measure hypocrisy.

Scott C.

Just one guy
mega preachers, mega churches, any church community not actively working in their communities to help the poor and promote justice and equality.

Can they promote justice and equality according to their views on how best to do so or must they promote these according to your views on how to best do this?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Can they promote justice and equality according to their views on how best to do so or must they promote these according to your views on how to best do this?
Choosing who you want to serve and don't serve is service to self. But that's their choice vsc God's will

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How is hypocrisy measured?

having two faces. masking, covering up, like a wolf in sheeps clothing. pretending to be a sheep while predating.

literally ungodly, profaneness.

simply defined - unloving, selfish.

there is blood in the water.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
having two faces. masking, covering up, like a wolf in sheeps clothing. pretending to be a sheep while predating.

literally ungodly, profaneness.

simply defined - unloving, selfish.

there is blood in the water.

Defining it is not measuring it.

Interesting that no one can present a way to measure hypocrisy....

pearl

No, I accuse him of being unfaithful to his "stated" religious beliefs. Abortion is by no means the only one. He is also pro gay marriage, which in Christian terms is pro-blasphemy, and even blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Both abortion and gay marriage are established law under the Constitution. Biden adheres to the separation of church and state and does not necessarily reflect a personal belief. As VP he opposed Obama's mandate for Catholic institutions to include birth control pills in their health insurance coverage.

eik

Both abortion and gay marriage are established law under the Constitution. Biden adheres to the separation of church and state and does not necessarily reflect a personal belief. As VP he opposed Obama's mandate for Catholic institutions to include birth control pills in their health insurance coverage.
Yes it does reflect his own personal belief, and yes he does wear a fake religion on his sleeve that he does not adhere to. No-one is bound to agree in principle with any law that opposes a religious doctrine. The most he has to do is accept it exists. In Biden's case, he embraces it.

In any event it is only judge made law, and judges don't determine or offer opinions on religion. They can also be replaced, and any law can in principle be overturned or restricted by a differently constituted supreme Court.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Defining it is not measuring it.

Interesting that no one can present a way to measure hypocrisy....

what then do you mean by measuring?

because to test for hypocrisy is basically just an observation of what is said and what is done. If the action of the subject in question doesn't match the statement of the subject on how to behave, then the result is a lie. we're looking at motive

the subject lies in order to predate with hypocrisy

pearl

In any event it is only judge made law, and judges don't determine or offer opinions on religion. They can also be replaced, and any law can in principle be overturned or restricted by a differently constituted supreme Court.

The point is the 'current' law, not what might be in the future. For decades politicians have held the abortion carrot to woo voters. Thankfully, most people, including Catholics, recognize single issue voting is wrongheaded. Just look where we are today!

eik

The point is the 'current' law, not what might be in the future. For decades politicians have held the abortion carrot to woo voters. Thankfully, most people, including Catholics, recognize single issue voting is wrongheaded. Just look where we are today!
The point is that Biden is an A* hypocrite as I said in the beginning. In fact, I can't believe that any true Christian could ever vote democrat.