• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelism and Hypocrisy

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
We could have a day job, to warn all those that "fall and hurt themselves".
But I have also discovered that most are not interested in good advice
like a slap in the face for the truth. know what you mean friend

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The true believers are those who walk the talk or at least try their best to do so.

eik

you seem to believe that everyone goes by what a preacher, a pope says. they don't. some people refer to god over the leaders of the congregation. the Spirit of the Law is not written in stone

abortion isn't frowned upon in the bible. the only inference made regarding it, is in reference to someone causing a woman to abort without her consent. basically in a violent situation; otherwise nothing about it.

the fetus is a parasite that needs a host. until it takes the breath of life, it is not considered autonomous.

the extreme right has championed the idea for ages that abortion is awful. the bible doesn't say that and thus promotes a lie. unborn spirits don't inhabit bodies that aren't ready for occupation

i could give a whit about some man made canon. your dog is hunting the wrong prey.
The hypocrisy is not that he believes in the right to abortion, although no Christian could seriously believe, even if they construed abortion as a necessary evil, that it should ever be up to the woman alone to elect whether or not to abort her child. That is crazy. A woman's discretion is not the right political or religious basis on which to make a decision to abort a child.

The hypocrisy lies in the fact that Biden carries on being known as a Catholic and being associated with Catholicism to garner the Catholic vote, and to maintain his democratic credentials, whilst he doesn't really believe in the Catholic doctrine.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Before you generalize: not all Christians are hypocrites. Some are.
I agree that it's best not to generalize, and good you emphasize this.

I did not even think of Christians. I thought of a group worshipping God and/or Jesus (so that could be any Religious group worshipping God)

And anyway, we did not generalize here, because we were talking about the "group who promote hypocrisy"

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Why is that hypocritical? It's not as though anyone believes in Trump, or believes him. He's just the lesser of two evils.

Just consider the hypocrisy of Jo Biden. He pretends he's a Catholic but embraces abortion. For that reason he was denied mass in 2019.

"Canon 915 positively requires ministers of holy communion, especially pastors, to withhold the sacrament from Catholics "obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin.” Public support for abortion, its preservation in law, and/or its public funding, are sinful acts under Catholic moral analysis."
The real question is, why would anyone vote for Joe Biden considering he's an A* hypocrite?
Under Obama abortions in the U.S. fell to an all-time low in 2016 (since records were kept starting in the early 70s).

Since then, though federal statistics are oddly hard to find for 2018, 2019, looking at state by state statistics it appears abortions have risen.

Why did abortions fall under Obama so much, and then rise under Trump?

I think because the moral influence of the president's character -- kindness, humility, respect towards others -- matters by influence on young people.

When the president has been at times lewd for instance, that matters.

The effect of the president's behavior actually affect things like young people choosing to wait to get married or just live for today and use others sexually....

eik

Under Obama abortions in the U.S. fell to an all-time low in 2016 (since records were kept starting in the early 70s).

Since then, though federal statistics are oddly hard to find for 2018, 2019, looking at state by state statistics it appears abortions have risen.

Why did abortions fall under Obama so much, and then rise under Trump?

I think because the moral influence of the president's character -- kindness, humility, respect towards others -- matters by influence on young people.

When the president has been at times lewd for instance, that matters.

The effect of the president's behavior actually affect things like young people choosing to wait to get married or just live for today and use others sexually....
My point was that Biden is using his "Catholicism" for attracting the Catholic vote, although he doesn't believe in what the Catholic church says. That is classic hypocrisy, i.e. using religious affiliation for publicity.

As for the abortion argument: it mainly applies to pagans and doesn't really interest me, although I am against women having the discretion to decide to undergo such a procedure. They should be made to apply to a judicial body to obtain an abortion which will decide their motives, and allow others the right to make representations!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Portraying an omnimax being as a simian is diminishing, assigning flaws and limitations.
I don't think so.

He said, "Let us make man in our image and in our likeness" - sounds pretty convincing to me. Maybe it is because you are looking at the Creation after sin entered into the world?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't think so.

He said, "Let us make man in our image and in our likeness" - sounds pretty convincing to me. Maybe it is because you are looking at the Creation after sin entered into the world?

I don't consider the fables of ancient primitives to be convincing or compelling. I'm simply looking at things through the lens of objective logic.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The hypocrisy is not that he believes in the right to abortion, although no Christian could seriously believe, even if they construed abortion as a necessary evil, that it should ever be up to the woman alone to elect whether or not to abort her child. That is crazy. A woman's discretion is not the right political or religious basis on which to make a decision to abort a child.

The hypocrisy lies in the fact that Biden carries on being known as a Catholic and being associated with Catholicism to garner the Catholic vote, and to maintain his democratic credentials, whilst he doesn't really believe in the Catholic doctrine.
women abort children all the time. the medical term for a miscarriage is natural abortion.

guess your christian god isn't aware of it's nature

pearl

The real question is, why would anyone vote for Joe Biden considering he's an A* hypocrite?

Who is the greater hypocrite, one who abides by established law, or one who asserts a pro-life facade but in political reality refuses basic human needs post uterus? I would say Biden's faithfulness to his Catholic social justice teaching is obvious.

• A Place at the Table: A Catholic Recommitment to Overcome Poverty and to Respect the Dignity of All God's Children, 2002
  • Global Climate Change: A Plea for Dialogue, Prudence, and the Common Good, 2001
  • Responsibility, Rehabilitation, and Restoration: A Catholic Perspective on Crime and Criminal Justice, 2000
  • A Commitment to All Generations: Social Security and the Common Good, 1999
  • In All Things Charity: A Pastoral Challenge for the New Millennium, 1999
  • One Family Under God, 1995* Confronting a Culture of Violence: A Catholic Framework for Action, 1995
  • Moral Principles and Policy Priorities for Welfare Reform, 1995*
  • The Harvest of Justice Is Sown in Peace, 1993 A Framework for Comprehensive Health Care Reform, 1993*
  • Renewing the Earth: An Invitation to Reflection and Action on the Environment in Light of Catholic Social Teaching, 1992
  • Putting Children and Families First: A Challenge for Our Church, Nation and World, 1992*
  • New Slavery, New Freedom: A Pastoral Message on Substance Abuse, 1990*
  • Brothers and Sisters to Us: Pastoral Letter on Racism in Our Day, 1989
  • Called to Compassion and Responsibility: A Response to the HIV/AIDS Crisis, 1989
  • Homelessness and Housing: A Human Tragedy, A Moral Challenge, 1988*

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
doesn't say that
black and white matthew 10:37

the richman kept thinking of he and his; when he asked abraham to send someone to his brothers. abraham explained why the gulf couldn't be breached.

simple

the service to self has to change their mind and become service to all as self; otherwise there is no meeting of minds, no bridging/overcoming the problem.

Last edited: