• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enjoyment During The Plague

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Talking... ok i love talking, its one of my favourite pastimes, and listening of course. Prior to lockdown there just didn't seem to be enough time in the day for a half decent chat. Now i think it will be difficult to get back to the old ways.

Another enjoyment we find more time for is not printable on a public forum.

pearl

Revisiting some old cook books, and through Hulu and Netflix and others, revisiting some classic movies. I do miss visiting our youngest daughter who lives out of state. She and her husband are in an enviable situation with covid. She works from home saving her from a 4 hour a day commute, almost everything they eat comes from their garden, they live by the bay and he clams often exchanging with a fellow who has lobster traps, even making wine from their own grapes, etc. Life is just not fair, :confused:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
In the news, finding enjoyment driving his Rolls....
How Covid Changed the Way I Drive

I've been enjoying spending less time traveling.
What pleasures have you found in these trying times?
This week, I started playing chess again. It is a great hobby at the moment because it engages me for a longer period of time without being reliant on the weather or pandemics.

ChristineM

Premium Member
This week, I started playing chess again. It is a great hobby at the moment because it engages me for a longer period of time without being reliant on the weather or pandemics.

Actually thats another one of the things I've started doing again, long range over the internet, between 2 countries, one move per day. I've not played since i was at school mumble, mumble years ago. It's difficult but great fun

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Walking. Before we went to the dog park a lot. When it was closed in the first lockdown, we started walking. Now we go for a walk 3 days a week and sometimes 4.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Actually thats another one of the things I've started doing again, long range over the internet, between 2 countries, one move per day. I've not played since i was at school mumble, mumble years ago. It's difficult but great fun
Oh nice! Those games are nice because you can take your time and think it through. If you are ever down for a game, I play on chess.com. :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not against me you won't. :D

I'm not so sure, I've not played for 35 years and was never very good back then. The current match is against a relative who lives alone in the UK and has also not played for several years so we are pretty evenly matched.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I started an alcohol free beer review blog. Never done a blog before, a friend suggested it. Quite enjoyed setting it up and apparently at least three people in the world access the wisdom therein. I then started a twitter account off the back of it and through that someone has roped me in to start a full website. (There's a small group of us and one is a website designer so it may actually happen!)