• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enjoyment During The Plague

Altfish

Veteran Member
This week, I started playing chess again. It is a great hobby at the moment because it engages me for a longer period of time without being reliant on the weather or pandemics.
I have a lack of opponents but I do enjoy chess. Watch quite a few channels on YouTube

Employment - I've just retired BUT have applied for a job on the 2021 Census in the UK - have had an initial 'interview' but await confirmation.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is a hard one for me. The cirumstances in which I grew up (no family, multiple foster homes -- all hated) have had one permanent effect on me. I do not much care for spending time at home. I have an enormous need just to be out among other people. And a lot of that time, I admit it freely, is spent in pubs. I don't drink a lot, I just like being out in public where I can sip my beer, listen to people talk, do my cryptic crosswords, and read. I do not enjoy these things at home -- I just can't seem to find the way to do that.

So this lockdown (and Toronto is under another one -- a month in, a month to go) is hugely oppressive for me, and getting harder as it goes along.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is a hard one for me. The cirumstances in which I grew up (no family, multiple foster homes -- all hated) have had one permanent effect on me. I do not much care for spending time at home. I have an enormous need just to be out among other people. And a lot of that time, I admit it freely, is spent in pubs. I don't drink a lot, I just like being out in public where I can sip my beer, listen to people talk, do my cryptic crosswords, and read. I do not enjoy these things at home -- I just can't seem to find the way to do that.

So this lockdown (and Toronto is under another one -- a month in, a month to go) is hugely oppressive for me, and getting harder as it goes along.
Well, at least you always have the warm fuzzy safe environment of RF.

On 2nd thought, you have my condolences.