• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

English Nationalism and Independence

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why are you so desperate to cover it up?

You are now moving goalposts to "non crime incident's"
Lol, quoting the place that trains police in how to do their job is covering up? These are their words, not mine!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But these incidents are not assaults. They're someone's perception.

So me being beaten to the ground and my lids pushchair being launched into traffic is not an assault???

Methinks we are talk on completely different planes here

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So me being beaten to the ground and my lids pushchair being launched into traffic is not an assault???

Methinks we are talk on completely different planes here
That would be classed as assault. These crimes are defined by the fact that they're wholly based on what the victim judges it to be. Beating someone up is a fairly obvious crime that doesn't depend on the victim's perception.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That would be classed as assault. These crimes are defined by the fact that they're wholly based on what the victim judges it to be. Beating someone up is a fairly obvious crime that doesn't depend on the victim's perception.

Correct.

Judges use evidence, not perception

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Correct.

Judges use evidence, not perception
Yes, as I've already quoted to you, these 'crimes' don't rely on evidence:

"For recording purposes, the perception of the victim, or any other person, is the defining factor in determining whether an incident is a hate incident, or in recognising the hostility element of a hate crime. The victim does not have to justify or provide evidence of their belief, and police officers or staff should not directly challenge this perception. Evidence of the hostility is not required for an incident or crime to be recorded as a hate crime or hate incident."

That's from here btw Hate Crime Operational Guidance (college.police.uk)

And,

Not every reported incident is a crime. If officers are unsure whether a reported incident amounts to a crime, an initial investigation should be undertaken to establish the facts to determine whether it is a hate crime or a non-crime hate incident.

Where it is established that a criminal offence has not taken place, but the victim or any other person perceives that the incident was motivated wholly or partially by hostility, it should be recorded and flagged as a non-crime hate incident.

Perception =/= evidence.

Non-crime =/= crime.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, as I've already quoted to you, these 'crimes' don't rely on evidence:

"For recording purposes, the perception of the victim, or any other person, is the defining factor in determining whether an incident is a hate incident, or in recognising the hostility element of a hate crime. The victim does not have to justify or provide evidence of their belief, and police officers or staff should not directly challenge this perception. Evidence of the hostility is not required for an incident or crime to be recorded as a hate crime or hate incident."

And,

Not every reported incident is a crime. If officers are unsure whether a reported incident amounts to a crime, an initial investigation should be undertaken to establish the facts to determine whether it is a hate crime or a non-crime hate incident.

Where it is established that a criminal offence has not taken place, but the victim or any other person perceives that the incident was motivated wholly or partially by hostility, it should be recorded and flagged as a non-crime hate incident.

Perception =/= evidence.

Non-crime =/= crime.

Then as you quoted, they are not crimes but non crimes, not a factor in the statistics

ChristineM

Premium Member
But these incidents are not assaults. They're someone's perception.

So i just perceived i was beaten to the ground and my kids thrown into moving traffic. Oh that makes it all ok then

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So i just perceived i was beaten to the ground and my kids thrown into moving traffic. Oh that makes it all ok then
You're reading this wrong.

That's not what it means at all.

It means the person perceives something as being motivated by hate, or that something, however slight, that happened, was a hate crime. They report this and the police have to essentially take their word for it, without evidence.

Laika

Premium Member
This isn't the '70s anymore. Even the groups whose logos you posted - the BNP and NF - are basically dead. Those types of groups, however, are mostly made up of angry working class and poor white youth who feel left behind, disenfranchised and that no one in the mainstream is representing them, and guess what? The numbers of those people are growing and growing in the US and the UK, and probably elsewhere in the West. Most of them won't be joining extremist groups these days, though. So maybe we should try actually listening to their grievances as people instead of shaming them. Because they're not going away and the problem is only festering and growing worse.

I would give this several winner ratings if I could...

ChristineM

Premium Member
You're reading this wrong.

That's not what it means at all.

It means the person perceives something as being motivated by hate, or that something, however slight, that happened, was a hate crime. They report this and the police have to essentially take their word for it, without evidence.

And then decide if it is a crime or non crime.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, and even if they say it's a non-crime it will be flagged on your DBS and can bar you from work even though it's not actually a crime.

I don't know of that is so but non crime does not go in with crime statistics

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's called a 'crime non-crime' and it does go in the stats, which is the cause of the 'rising'.

Not in the government document i provided from what i can see

Anyway the point is, you now admit it is rising (which the spectator seemed to deny).

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Not in the government document i provided from what i can see

Anyway the point is, you now admit it is rising (which the spectator seemed to deny).
Yes, the incidents of reported crime are rising. Not actual crime.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would give this several winner ratings if I could...
I would also like to add that most of those white supremacist groups like the National Alliance and Aryan Nations, which were a big deal for decades in the US and inspired much terrorism and murders, function on a model that allows a charismatic leader to draw in young people from broken, dysfunctional backgrounds and offers them a sense of identity and a make-shift family. Then the leader (like William Pierce), stuffs their heads with all sorts of dehumanizing, violent rhetoric and sits back and laughs as these lost, confused young people decide to act on it and kill other people. Then the brainwashed kid goes to prison, death row or gets killed themselves while the org's leader gets to sit pretty and hide behind free speech protections to wash their hands of the responsibility for the violence their rhetoric causes. The movie, American History X, portrayed this well. It's the only Hollywood movie I know of so far that portrayed that accurately and showed how the youth sucked up into those groups are victims in a way, themselves. (Higher Learning was another movie that touched on that, with the Remy character.)