• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

English Nationalism and Independence

Altfish

Veteran Member
Ireland unified............... Again?

When was that?
You should wander around Belfast, have a look at the Murals, go and see the huge walls and steel gates.
The English didn't put them there. Irish did.
I disagree. I've been round Belfast the murals don't reflect the past.
Ireland should be reunited.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I disagree. I've been round Belfast the murals don't reflect the past.
Ireland should be reunited.
I don't think that you are very in touch with the majority of Northern Irelanders.
I once suggested to some that if all children should learn Gaelic that this might help for the future. The shouting and anger went on for some time after.
No.... You are way off, I'm afraid.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't think that you are very in touch with the majority of Northern Irelanders.
I once suggested to some that if all children should learn Gaelic that this might help for the future. The shouting and anger went on for some time after.
No.... You are way off, I'm afraid.
The majority are protestant - ie pro-UK

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The majority are protestant - ie pro-UK
Yes...... true.
Which is why they won't be supporting any rejoining with the Republic of Ireland.
I don't think that Wales will leave either.

Scotland? Yes, I think they want Independence and should have it.

Tony Blair was right to support individual 'Parliaments' for Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland though.

Mancunans can have a Parliament. Any arguments and just tell everyone that Old Badger said so. :)

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yes...... true.
Which is why they won't be supporting any rejoining with the Republic of Ireland.
I don't think that Wales will leave either.

Scotland? Yes, I think they want Independence and should have it.

Tony Blair was right to support individual 'Parliaments' for Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland though.

Mancunans can have a Parliament. Any arguments and just tell everyone that Old Badger said so. :)
We don't have a parliament; we have a Mayor. Who is good and is taking back our buses.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Just City buses, I'm guessing?
What was wrong with the private company?
They all wanted to run the same profitable routes. None wanted to run early morning and late night buses.
Now, it will be run by a private company but the timetable set by TfGM

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
They all wanted to run the same profitable routes. None wanted to run early morning and late night buses.
Now, it will be run by a private company but the timetable set by TfGM
Fair enough.
The Council wants to employ its own inspectors then.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If Eire could vote too, it'd easily win
It can't....... that would be like invasion by referendum.
If anybody wants a war then that's all they need do........

The Red Hand is a warrior who, when he realised that he would lose the race to claim the land by placing hand upon it, cut off his left hand with his sword and threw it to the shore to win that race.

This hand is a right hand...... Dei et mon droit, but the left is the one to watch for.
UFF.png

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
The Red Hand is a warrior who, when he realised that he would lose the race to claim the land by placing hand upon it, cut off his left hand with his sword and threw it to the shore to win that race.
So, he's pretty useless as a warrior? Is that the moral of the story?

Altfish

Veteran Member
It can't....... that would be like invasion by referendum.
If anybody wants a war then that's all they need do........

This hand is a right hand...... Dei et mon droit, but the left is the one to watch for. View attachment 48982
But NI is basically an English colony, gained and retained by force, like India and Canada and Australia once were. We should graciously hand it back.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
But NI is basically an English colony, gained and retained by force, like India and Canada and Australia once were. We should graciously hand it back.
Hand it back who to?
The majority who live there want how it is.
Go and tell the N Irelanders that they must join the Republic, if you want a war.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well it's still using private contractors, true?
I think we have had a similar problem in Kent.
The specification of timetable and service details will be given to the private sector to tender for.
It would be impossible for the local authority to buy its own fleet of buses, depots, etc.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Hand it back who to?
The majority who live there want how it is.
Go and tell the N Irelanders that they must join the Republic, if you want a war.
United Ireland - we had a war for many years before the Good Friday Agreement.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The specification of timetable and service details will be given to the private sector to tender for.
It would be impossible for the local authority to buy its own fleet of buses, depots, etc.
Well, you did say that Manchester was going to take back its buses.
And it isn't going to.
That's all......

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well, you did say that Manchester was going to take back its buses.
And it isn't going to.
That's all......