• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

England lifts Covid-19 restrictions on daily life even as variant cases spike

SA Huguenot

My mother is 84 if she gets it she will die, thanks for your fine Christian thoughts towards her!
I think you have a problem.
it is one of forgetfullness.
We all will die my dear human sibling.
I am turning 60 soon, and I know well that my chances to survive another 10 years to get to 70 is slim.
The only solitude from your Gran and I, is that we all woke up this morning alive to have one more day to live.
What do you expect, to live forever?
Well, guess what, it might not be something you like, but you are already dying.
Your body is ageing, and is nothing more than a deteriorating carcass that deteriorates faster than it can heal itself.

Where did this worldly mentality come from to think that if somehow, someone dies of an contageous virus, they are somehow now killing people?
such a thinking is just plain foolish!
period!
More people died of flue in the 1.5 years prior to the pandemic in South Africa, than of Covid in the last 1.5 years.
Anyhow, I know of old people who had covid, and survived quite strongly.
Then I know of 3 people close to me who got heart attacks a week after getting the vaccine.

I dont say dont get vaccinated, but be realistic.
Humankind had many pandemics before, milions died, and we are busy dying.
Why the fear?
Are you afraid to die?
Well, news for you, the chances that you dont see tomorrow, is just as poor as a terminaly ill cancer patient.

SA Huguenot

thats a bunch of made up nonsense, in California, 99.6% of hospitalised covid cases are unvaccinated
This medical expert also did not tell everyone that only 2 thirds of the UK were vaccinated, and he had a slip of tongue in saying 60% of vaccinated people were taken into hospitalisation. There are so many BS going around.

SA Huguenot

thats a bunch of made up nonsense, in California, 99.6% of hospitalised covid cases are unvaccinated
Actually your interperetation on the % is incorrect.
99.6% of covid hospitalisation cases OVER THE PAST 6 MONTHS were not vaccinated. Now take into account that the vaccination program was not in full swing 6 months ago.
Again, this is pulling percentages into a skew demonstration.
Why will this newspaper do this?
Anyhow, if the head virologist in the UK say that 40% of all covid hospitalisation patients were inocculated, what is the potency of the vaccines?
No one knows, except some people who dont have any stats in support of their claims.

I have one of my colleques in intensive care, after being vaccinated.
Therefore, I do speak on one case knowledge, that all is not as it is said.
3 people I know personally died of heart attacks a week after getting their shot!

Last edited:

Justanatheist

Actually your interperetation on the % is incorrect.
99.6% of covid hospitalisation cases OVER THE PAST 6 MONTHS were not vaccinated. Now take into account that the vaccination program was not in full swing 6 months ago.
Again, this is pulling percentages into a skew demonstration.
Why will this newspaper do this?
Anyhow, if the head virologist in the UK say that 40% of all covid hospitalisation patients were inocculated, what is the potency of the vaccines?
No one knows, except some people who dont have any stats in support of their claims.

I have one of my colleques in intensive care, after being vaccinated.
Therefore, I do speak on one case knowledge, that all is not as it is said.
3 people I know personally died of heart attacks a week after getting their shot!
A minimum of 75% after 1 dose, so much higher than just letting people die as you suggested.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...512/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_27.pdf

SA Huguenot

A minimum of 75% after 1 dose, so much higher than just letting people die as you suggested.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...512/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_27.pdf
TNX for the document.
Nice info.
Do you perhaps have any info on what the survival rate is on people who were infected with the Alpha variant, and got the Delta variant, WHO DID NOT GET THE VACCINE?
I will study the document, naturally, but I see they are using blood donor tests to establish how many people had 'antibodies'.
did they distinquish between natural immunity after infection, and vaccines, or is it all counted as vaccines?
Greetings.

exchemist

Veteran Member
60% of people being admitted to UK hospitals are unvaccinated - adviser

Therefore, 40% of vacinated people are still admitted for covid to hospital!

What is going on?
does the vacine work or not?
I also learned that tens of thousands of people who did take the vaccine, dies within 2 weeks from complications.
What about natural immunity, obviously it is better than any vaccene. Why does it not count?

There are too many crosstalk by doctors and virologists, and it seems that the one wants to be a bigger superstar than the next.

My opinion, I think it will be better for all to just get the virus, live or die, and get over it.
If you spend your time pulling figures out of context, and not trying to understand them, you run the risk of reaching silly conclusions.

Yes 60% of people admitted to hospital are unvaccinated.Yes, that means that 40% have had either one or two doses of vaccine. This statistic does not tell you how many of those have had only one dose. And we know that one dose does not protect much against the delta variant, which is now dominant. My guess is a fair proportion of this 40% will be made up of people with one dose, or with two but before it has kicked in (it takes about 2 weeks to work). But I have not seen data breaking this down so I don't know for sure.

Furthermore, this statistic does not tell you the age profile of those that have had 2 doses but have still ended up in hospital. We know that 2 doses of vaccine protect about 95% against serious illness, across the whole age profile, but that the very old are far more at risk from this disease than younger people. Full vaccination of an 80yr old, with a 95% effective vaccine, reduces his risk of hospitalisation to that of a 50yr old. That is not zero.

So, given that 95% of the very old have been vaccinated, with a vaccine that is only 95% effective, we can expect a steady trickle of old vaccinated people coming to hospital with Covid, just as a result of it being only 95% effective.

There was a good article in the Guardian by David Spiegelhalter about all this stuff a few days ago, here:
Why most people who now die with Covid in England have had a vaccination | David Spiegelhalter and Anthony Masters

He makes the same point: that due to the high level of vaccination among older groups, combined with the imperfect protection that vaccination gives, you expect a significant proportion of those in hospital to have been vaccinated.

But, of course, the absolute number of cases in hospital is far lower than it would have been without vaccines.

So that is what is going on. It is perfectly consistent with the vaccines being effective. But you need to read up on what the statisticians say, rather than jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
E6zgM53X0AAHE6C

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
So far people still seem to be wearing masks in shops, but I don't know how long that will last. I do feel sorry for staff in retail, transport and hospitality, who are now at much greater risk of infection.
With the third wave still in full swing, and uncertainty about the timing and size of the peak, I strongly suspect they will have to reintroduce some restrictions in the autumn - despite Bo-Jo's nonsense about "irreversibility".

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
So far people still seem to be wearing masks in shops, but I don't know how long that will last. I do feel sorry for staff in retail, transport and hospitality, who are now at much greater risk of infection.
With the third wave still in full swing, and uncertainty about the timing and size of the peak, I strongly suspect they will have to reintroduce some restrictions in the autumn - despite Bo-Jo's nonsense about "irreversibility".
I hope shops carry on as before for everyone's sake. My local supermarket still has signs up basically saying "Wear a Mask or **** Off." :D

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I hope shops carry on as before for everyone's sake. My local supermarket still has signs up basically saying "Wear a Mask or **** Off." :D

So do I, but I don't think they'll be able to enforce the policy now. Retail staff have had a lot of abuse from chavvy customers during the course of the pandemic.

Wandering Monk

Has anyone noticed the media is only reporting cases of corona but not the deaths? The original strain from China was at the peak when it started to spread. It was a very well designed virus. The new variants may be more contagious, but they appear to be less deadly, or else the death mongering would have started again. The common cold is very contagious but not very deadly.

This is the normal evolution for virus. Weaker strains can survive longer since their host lives longer to help pass the strain around. The more deadly strains act so fast that they immobilize and isolate people, so they get passed less between people. The weaker strains, in terms of their lower morality, also allow the human immune system an easier and longer fight leading to individual and herd immunity. The vaccine will make this even easier of course.

What you need to keep in mind is when biology experiments are run they will have controls. A control does nothing, so they can act as a standard to compare the medicine effectiveness. They will give some subjects placebos to better characterize the value of the medicine. Mind over matter can often work as well so nobody knows who is the control and who got the vaccine.

My guess is since a world wide vaccination is new and unprecedented, they did this by the book, as a science study. Some people who thought they got the vaccine were randomly given placebos, to get a better handle of the vaccine effectiveness. Some of these placebo patients may still get the virus, while others will beat it based on positive thinking. This may be why everything was scheduled.

An earier survey by scientists in England concluded that although the new variant was more contagious, the morality rate was 1/19 as bad. Evolution is offering a way out of the predicament, but it requires faith in science and not faith in fear.

The UK has done a pretty good job on vaccination, and the connection between infection and death has been reduced pretty dramatically, but deaths are rising there from the Delta.