• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ends in 50 Years

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't understand. Can you explain how and why all world mythologies need apocalyptic world-ending narrative? How do we account for the mythologies that lack this narrative?
I didn't say they need an apocalypse, I said creation and destruction (or periodic re-creation) go well together in a narrative. A mythology without an end feels incomplete.

Bthoth

*banned*
Whether it’s 50 years or 2 years; this world is temporary. Time is short, eternity is forever.
I ‘d say getting right with the Creator and prepared for eternity should be a priority.
I remember a person confused with what religion was correct asking, 'How can I live forever?'

So i came up with a scope but i will try to slim it down: If all life began at one point in time (per se), and each life can live into another generation by procreating-cell division.

Then as living systems have procreated and many have evolved over time, the diversity of life has grown throughout time. The first divides and became 2 and then so on and so on. Even today, each of us are from our parents giving a single cell of themselves, (sperm/egg) and in truth, that living process conveyed surviving as each of us directly. Our parents are alive as us. To go back before our parents and so on since the very first. Each of us are of the living process since the very first.

So technically, living forever is not such a big deal as in true form 'we are already half way there' so to speak.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The World as we know it ends in 50 years. Complete and total annihilation.
Or so some say.
If that's true, what do we/you do?
Give up? Go with the flow? Create Chaos?
Total annihilation is a teaching I find outside of Scripture but just being taught as being Scripture.
It is the ' world of wickedness ' that will end. ( Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15 )
We do Not have to wait 50 years. ( side note: in the year 2000 co-workers said about 30-35 years )
Not wait for annihilation but to be soon 'saved/ rescued / delivered' from wickedness.
Not matter what the time frame 'what do we do' but the best we can.
Doing the best to be counted as one of the figurative ' sheep ' at Jesus' soon coming Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-34,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hasn't the Judeo-Christian world always being going to end in the near future?
Didn't Jesus promise that the Kingdom would be established within the lifetime of some of his audience..........................
No. Please read Luke 19:11 because Jesus' words follows in verse 11 showing Jesus, as the nobleman, would first go way (journey) to a far country (Heaven) before much later returning.
No one knows the day or hour according to Jesus at Matt. 24:36 but we do know the season is now ripe for the Harvest End.
Harvest or the end of all wickedness on Earth ( Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:40 ; Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15 )
So, there is a Divine Calendar with God's future date posted.
( I find watching today's news brings dispare, but the good news (gospel) of God's kingdom government (Daniel 2:44-45) brings HOPE )
There is hope for the figurative ' sheep ' to be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth. - Matt. 25:37

Bthoth

*banned*
No. Please read Luke 19:11 because Jesus' words follows in verse 11 showing Jesus, as the nobleman, would first go way (journey) to a far country (Heaven) before much later returning.
No one knows the day or hour according to Jesus at Matt. 24:36 but we do know the season is now ripe for the Harvest End.
Harvest or the end of all wickedness on Earth ( Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:40 ; Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15 )
So, there is a Divine Calendar with God's future date posted.
( I find watching today's news brings dispare, but the good news (gospel) of God's kingdom government (Daniel 2:44-45) brings HOPE )
There is hope for the figurative ' sheep ' to be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth. - Matt. 25:37
is that calendar available in the Avon catalog?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I remember a person confused with what religion was correct asking, 'How can I live forever?'..........................................
I too will try to slim it down.
Starting with Jesus' coming Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-43,37 - the living figurative 'sheep' can remain alive on Earth.
This living starts with calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year millennial-day reign over Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
The living 'sheep-like ones ' will be here on Earth to welcome back the resurrected dead - John 6:40, 44.
The majority of mankind who are Not part of the first or earlier resurrection to Heaven - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10.
The majority can gain 'everlasting life' (live forever) on a beautiful paradisical Earth as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
is that calendar available in the Avon catalog?
Even better than the Avon catalog because that Divine Calendar is cataloged in the Scriptures.
An inhabited earthly future for the humble meek to inherit the Earth - Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5
See yourself in the category of that promised future - Jeremiah 29:11

Bthoth

*banned*
Even better than the Avon catalog because that Divine Calendar is cataloged in the Scriptures.
If that was so true, then why the ambiguity?
An inhabited earthly future for the humble meek to inherit the Earth - Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5
See yourself in the category of that promised future - Jeremiah 29:11
Sure the meek keep the rules of personal responsibility.

With no grocery stores, the last to first the first to last.......... HINT: the many oppressed to reservations will know how to survive without grocery stores on this earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't understand. Can you explain how and why all world mythologies need apocalyptic world-ending narrative? How do we account for the mythologies that lack this narrative?
Interesting that you say ' world mythologies ' because world mythologies are Not what the Bible teaches.
Yes, the Bible does speak of a world-ending narrative but Not an Earth-ending narrative as some teach.
It is the world of wickedness that will come to a final end - ( Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20 )
We can account for any lack in myth because in the biblical narrative ' Earth abides forever ' - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalm 104:5
Humble meek people will inherit the Earth as promised at Psalm 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5
Inherit everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth as was originally intended in Eden.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If that was so true, then why the ambiguity?
Sure the meek keep the rules of personal responsibility.
With no grocery stores, the last to first the first to last.......... HINT: the many oppressed to reservations will know how to survive without grocery stores on this earth.
I like how you said keep the rules of ' personal responsibility ' .
I'd like a cow because I so enjoy dairy products.
Remember when Jesus passed the plate, so to speak ?
Jesus fed the multitude with fish sandwiches. ( loaves of bread and fish )
Being a subject / citizen under Christ's reign over earth we will be taught - Psalm 72:8; 12-14

Bthoth

*banned*
I like how you said keep the rules of ' personal responsibility ' .
personal responsibility Mark 10:18
Jesus fed the multitude with fish sandwiches. ( loaves of bread and fish )
Using a few fish to chum up many is about the same as using a piece of bread (the yeast) to make many more.

Ps... making wine would seem like magic to the uneducated too
Being a subject / citizen under Christ's reign over earth we will be taught - Psalm 72:8; 12-14
What do you think fulfills the prophecy a jesus or the name of god (the christos).

See revelations since you like bible

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
personal responsibility Mark 10:18
Using a few fish to chump up many is about the same as using a piece of bread (the yeast) to make many more.
Ps... making wine would seem like magic to the uneducated too
What do you think fulfills the prophecy a jesus or the name of god (the christos)
See revelations since you like bibleYes, Jesus only considered his God as good ( in the perfect sense ) - Psalm 86:5
Jesus used Revelation - Revelation 4:11 in connection to his God.
Remember Jesus fed thousands with the fish sandwiches.
Also, remember the widow's food jar that did not become empty ?
Jesus' first miracle was turning water in wine, so besides drinking water then wine will be available.
Ezekiel 38:23 spoke about God's name being declared - YHWH ( Hebrew Yahweh; English Jehovah - Psalm 83:18 KJV )

Bthoth

*banned*
Jesus used Revelation - Revelation 4:11 in connection to his God.
The book did not even exist when jesus was alive
Remember Jesus fed thousands with the fish sandwiches.
nice embellishment. I pointed out, that a fisherman could catch man more fish if understanding how to bring more in.
Also, remember the widow's food jar that did not become empty ?
Does not make a person into a god or christ.
Jesus' first miracle was turning water in wine, so besides drinking water then wine will be available.
I am aware of the story. My point of bringing up the wine, was that anyone can make wine, if they know how.
Ezekiel 38:23 spoke about God's name being declared - YHWH ( Hebrew Yahweh; English Jehovah - Psalm 83:18 KJV )
Lots of opinions but it is 'the name' that is the 'holy of holies' not a person
The proper understanding of 'the name' is what enables mankind to know what is real. Not a place, country or state but the unveiling. That unveiling is the true promise, not magic and miracles.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, not "much later" returning, but returning in the lives of the servants (and handing out judgment on them).
No one knows the day or hour according to Jesus at Matt. 24:36
Those words follow the words in Matthew 24:34, " ... this generation will not pass away till all these things take place." They limit the time available for the "day and hour" that "no one knows" for this to happen to the time of the then-living generation.

Little Dragon

Those words follow the words in Matthew 24:34, " ... this generation will not pass away till all these things take place." They limit the time available for the "day and hour" that "no one knows" for this to happen to the time of the then-living generation.
Given the cyclic nature of destruction and renewal this planet has seen unfold many times. That's a safe bet.

InChrist

Free4ever
Let the words do the talking.

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”​
Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of man comes.
Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”​
Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”​
And there were some standing there who did see Jesus/the Son of Man in His kingdom…

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
Matthew 17:1-3

I don’t think the verse below is in reference to the return of Christ.

When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes…
Matthew 10:23

“Another alternative is to take the promise literally and immediately and to interpret the phrase “before the Son of Man comes” as a reference to the fact that Jesus rejoined the disciples after their mission. This view may be supported by several facts. First, the phrase “before the Son of Man comes” is never used by Matthew to describe the Second Coming. Second, it fits with a literal understanding of the first part of the verse. The disciples went literally and immediately into “the cities of Israel” to preach, and Jesus literally and immediately rejoined them after their itinerant ministry. Third, there is no indication here or anywhere else that the disciples believed that Jesus was going to go to heaven while they were gone on their preaching tour. This certainly would have startled them (cf. John 14:1–5). Furthermore, He had already told them that He had to die and rise from the dead (John 2:19–22) before He could go to heaven and return.”

InChrist

Free4ever
Nope. I didn't ask to be created by your creator deity, should that be the case, so I owe it nothing.
However my priority would be to help save us from annihilation. If poss.
Not waiting for a God to grovel to fawn over plead with and beg. Never going to happen! Not in ten thousand trillion googolplex giga years.
I’d say whether you or I asked to be created is irrelevant if an all-powerful Being decided to create us. I’m not sure where you come up with the ideas that God wants groveling, begging, etc., but I think you’re mistaken. But if God is Love, as the scriptures say, and this Being provides everything needed for life, including each breath we take… a little gratitude may be in order, don’t you think?

What do you think about this passage?

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And there were some standing there who did see Jesus/the Son of Man in His kingdom…

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
Matthew 17:1-3

I don’t think the verse below is in reference to the return of Christ.

When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes…
Matthew 10:23

“Another alternative is to take the promise literally and immediately and to interpret the phrase “before the Son of Man comes” as a reference to the fact that Jesus rejoined the disciples after their mission. This view may be supported by several facts. First, the phrase “before the Son of Man comes” is never used by Matthew to describe the Second Coming. Second, it fits with a literal understanding of the first part of the verse. The disciples went literally and immediately into “the cities of Israel” to preach, and Jesus literally and immediately rejoined them after their itinerant ministry. Third, there is no indication here or anywhere else that the disciples believed that Jesus was going to go to heaven while they were gone on their preaching tour. This certainly would have startled them (cf. John 14:1–5). Furthermore, He had already told them that He had to die and rise from the dead (John 2:19–22) before He could go to heaven and return.”

The religious scene that Jesus made his way into was charged with End-times beliefs, the Coming of the Savior to get rid o' them danged Romans. You've doubtless noticed that the identity of the Son of Man is ambiguous, plainly Jesus in a couple of places, apparently otherwise in others. According to my reading, the general belief was that the Son of Man was Enoch, who in the Tanakh apparently didn't die but went to heaven to dwell with God; and that would mean that whoever the Son of Man was, he was going to be the liberator of the Jewish people, restoring their former self-rule to them rather than seeing all their taxes being shipped off to Rome.

In such a scene, the only useful savior would be an imminent savior, one who would indeed be seen to install the Kingdom of God in the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience. So there's every reason for the author of Mark to keep such a claim in his gospel (with the destruction of Jerusalem 70 CE still ringing in his ears, as it were), and for the authors of Matthew and of Luke to substantially repeat it in theirs. And for the author of John to think, Oops, that would have to have come true by now ─ sixty or more years after the traditional date of the crucifixion ─ if it was ever going to come true, and it hasn't so I'll leave it out.

But the silence in John didn't quite work as a cure, so we find a steady stream of Apocalyptic predictions in every age ever since, and none of them complies with scripture because 100% of Jesus' audience has been dead for 2000 years, close enough, and none of them ever happens. (You may remember how in year 2012 even the Mayans couldn't crack the code.)

RestlessSoul

Nope. I didn't ask to be created by your creator deity, should that be the case, so I owe it nothing.
However my priority would be to help save us from annihilation. If poss.
Not waiting for a God to grovel to fawn over plead with and beg. Never going to happen! Not in ten thousand trillion googolplex giga years.

I don’t think you have the power to save us or yourself mate. Far rather put my faith in God. Each to his own though.