• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ends in 50 Years

InChrist

Free4ever
Oooops....""

Ezekiel 2​

Young's Literal Translation​

2 It [is] the appearance of the likeness of the honour of Jehovah, and I see, and fall on my face, and I hear a voice speaking, and He saith unto me, `Son of man, stand on thy feet, and I speak with thee.'

Maybe you forgot what god saith'ith?

Sure the NT has many additions and changes.......... ""Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."

And yet, he could not leave enough material information to cure cancer or end the abuse of the commandment "thou shalt not lie"

And that was never Jesus. Hint: the book of revelation is still open to be fulfilled

and the only way to suggest jesus was that guy, is to claim that he is coming back (to finish the job)
Yes, Ezekiel is called son of man, but he is never called “the” Son of Man. The use of
the definite article shows that Jesus is distinct, in contrast with other personalities in the Bible associated with the same term.
Again, the title the Son of Man highlights the humanity of Christ. The difference between Christ and others, for whom son of man was used, is that He is the epitome of humanity. Jesus is the Sinless One, humanity perfected, the only one to able to reconcile God and man.

This is a fallen, sin cursed world and God’s plan isn’t to fix all the problems of sickness, violence, etc. Rather, to deliver people from this broken world to an eternal life free of sin and all its awful consequences.

Of course, Jesus is coming again…

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:20

Audie

Veteran Member
Interesting, I see non-worship of the Creator, as worship of self.
You see wrong, for lo, the
atheist by definition and nature
worshipeth naught.

But that's not the point. You
did that rather silly "same back
at you" to no other end than to
dodge the truth of what I said.

But hey, suture self. Why should younot worship
your faux wisdom?

That's for you to figure.

Last edited:

Little Dragon

I’m just wondering, though, if an all powerful Being created and gave you life… what makes you think you are autonomous or that your consent was required?
My consent might not have been required, but that does not mean I owe anything. I had no choice in the matter, hypothetically. Consent or no consent. I am as autonomous as any other subject of the British crown.

Little Dragon

The scripture I posted previously means that at some point everyone will realize and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is LORD, either willingly or unwillingly.
A narrative I do not adhere to. I will never be a Christian, nor will I ever acknowledge that a long dead possibly entirely fictional character from a culture and time period utterly divorced from my own, is/was? a magic sky demon/God? in human form. No matter what any scripture says. I would sooner be put to death. ;)

Heyo

Veteran Member
The scripture I posted previously means that at some point everyone will realize and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is LORD, either willingly or unwillingly.
And that is also very condescending. It's the "I know and you don't" attitude similar to quoting psalm 14. If that is OK, Christians shouldn't be upset or surprised when the response contains phrases like "magical sky fairy".

InChrist

Free4ever
You see wrong, for lo, the
atheist by definition and nature
worshipeth naught.

But that's not the point. You
did that rather silly "same back
at you" to no other end than to
dodge the truth of what I said.

But hey, suture self. Why should younot worship
your faux wisdom?

That's for you to figure.
It wasn’t a silly come back, nor dodging the truth of what you said because I don’t think you expressed truth or understand truth on the matter … since the essence of biblical Christianity is turning from self toward God and from trusting my wisdom to seeking God’s wisdom.

InChrist

Free4ever
And that is also very condescending. It's the "I know and you don't" attitude similar to quoting psalm 14. If that is OK, Christians shouldn't be upset or surprised when the response contains phrases like "magical sky fairy".
Why should it be condescending? The scriptures apply to everyone alike, myself as well as anyone. I don’t see any room for Christians or myself to have a self-righteous, “I know and you don’t” attitude. I think the scriptures are pretty clear about having an attitude of humanity and esteeming others.

InChrist

Free4ever
My consent might not have been required, but that does not mean I owe anything. I had no choice in the matter, hypothetically. Consent or no consent. I am as autonomous as any other subject of the British crown.
When I said autonomous I meant self-existent. If God created you and is the source of life, then you are not independent, but dependent upon Him to exist. I don’t think any of us are autonomous, rather completely dependent upon God for our lives to be sustained. From this perspective, I think expressing some gratitude is reasonable.

InChrist

Free4ever
A narrative I do not adhere to. I will never be a Christian, nor will I ever acknowledge that a long dead possibly entirely fictional character from a culture and time period utterly divorced from my own, is/was? a magic sky demon/God? in human form. No matter what any scripture says. I would sooner be put to death. ;)
Why?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Why should it be condescending? The scriptures apply to everyone alike, myself as well as anyone.
You really believe that, don't you?
That is exactly the problem. Your dictatorial mindset. There are thousands of "holy texts" from thousands of religions and denominations. Each one of those apply to those who believe in them - and nobody else.
I don’t see any room for Christians or myself to have a self-righteous, “I know and you don’t” attitude. I think the scriptures are pretty clear about having an attitude of humanity and esteeming others.
The bible promotes a very misanthropic Menschenbild and it has some very condescending passages, like the ones you quoted. And by quoting them uncritically, you made the condescension your own. You do that and I quote my "scripture" - with the same justification.
quote-the-god-of-the-old-testament-is-arguably-the-most-unpleasant-character-in-all-fiction-richard-dawkins-35-3-0340.jpg

Audie

Veteran Member
It wasn’t a silly come back, nor dodging the truth of what you said because I don’t think you expressed truth or understand truth on the matter … since the essence of biblical Christianity is turning from self toward God and from trusting my wisdom to seeking God’s wisdom.
I understand that just fine. Like its hard
to know that.
But it's an ideal, not so easily achieved.
That you have your chosen notions of
what "god's wisdom" is, tnough indicates
you trust your choices, not " gods wisdom".

What makes you think you know anything about
some " god's" wisdom or even that it exists?

Trusting your choice?

And you trust your notions about "god's
wotd" above the knowledge of every scientist.

And you just expressed exactly the
"I know and you dont" that you said has no
place.

I don't think Ive reason to trust anything you say

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The World as we know it ends in 50 years. Complete and total annihilation.

Or so some say.

If that's true, what do we/you do?
Give up? Go with the flow? Create Chaos?
Plant a tree, share the Gospel, impart wisdom, leave a legacy

Audie

Veteran Member
When I said autonomous I meant self-existent. If God created you and is the source of life, then you are not independent, but dependent upon Him to exist. I don’t think any of us are autonomous, rather completely dependent upon God for our lives to be sustained. From this perspective, I think expressing some gratitude is reasonable.
Where's the gratitude for the thousands of
ancestors who struggled through often terrible lives
only to result in " christians" who deny they even existed?

Little Dragon

I deeply resent Christianity. I despise that collection of faiths. I despise all theologies. I hate all Gods and Goddesses. I am deeply opposed to article of faith based belief systems. I would end all religious indoctrination today, if I could. Faith is the enemy. Priests are not our friends.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I despise Christianity. I despise that collection of faiths. I despise all theologies. I hate all Gods and Goddesses. I am deeply opposed to article of faith based belief systems. I would end all religious indoctrination today, if I could. Faith is the enemy. Priests are not our friends.
C'mon...tell us how your really feel...

Little Dragon

The scriptures apply to everyone alike, myself as well as anyone.
Untrue. Your scriptures apply to you and others that take any notice of them or pay heed to them. Not the rest of us. They are not enforceable. The times of theocratic tyranny are over for now in the west. Forever, hopefully.

Bthoth

*banned*
Yes, Ezekiel is called son of man, but he is never called “the” Son of Man. The use of
the definite article shows that Jesus is distinct,
One is claimed to be quoting god (ezekiel), the other is a hodge-podge of revisions revised to appease church leadership
in contrast with other personalities in the Bible associated with the same term.
The term christos/christ itself is misunderstood
Again, the title the Son of Man highlights the humanity of Christ.
Christ is not a last name. Start there.
The difference between Christ and others, for whom son of man was used, is that He is the epitome of humanity. Jesus is the Sinless One, humanity perfected, the only one to able to reconcile God and man.
Sinless? See luke 18: 19 And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good, except One -- God;

And that is in more than one book.
This is a fallen, sin cursed world and God’s plan isn’t to fix all the problems of sickness, violence, etc. Rather, to deliver people from this broken world to an eternal life free of sin and all its awful consequences.
I get it. And jesus nor church have been able to do that over the last 2000 yrs.

What is fallen? That Genesis story of the transition was a good day, not that mankind fell. The fallen condemn mankind for that transition based on misunderstanding the lesson.
Of course, Jesus is coming again…
Because the biblical writers had to fix the problem of realizing the work was not fulfilled.
He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:20
Rev 22:4 and they shall see His face, and His name [is] upon their foreheads,

That is specifically what Jesus did not bring, unveil 2000 yrs ago. "the name"
The christos, is that holy of holies, 'the name' to fulfill the unveiling.

I understand how esoteric that must sound (read as) but the most important revelation is the comprehension to enable mankind to live forever, raise the fathers to the flesh........... Peace

Look up what the origination of the term 'christos' is. The idea of anointed is the tangent. Many have been anointed but not a one has completed the translation/understanding.