• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ends in 50 Years

King Phenomenon

No, it's about the apocalypse, the Son of Man establishing the Kingdom on earth (ie in Judea) and getting rid of them danged Romans and restoring Jewish autonomy.

And despite the promises in the synoptics that it would happen in the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience, well, no, it didn't. Which would account for why John, last written of the gospels, doesn't mention it at all.
Oh he’s comin

Bthoth

*banned*
You may have noticed that the bible is ambiguous as to the identity of the "Son of Man". In some references it seems clear that Jesus is meant, in other places that Jesus is speaking of a third party. I read that the general Jewish belief in those apocalyptic times was that the Son of Man was Enoch (who you'll recall from your readings of the Tanakh didn't die but went to live with God).
We all live with God, at every moment.
A nice point. He was never anointed as a Jewish messiah at any stage, so you could argue the validity of calling him 'Christ' at all.
Some consider the term christ to mean anointed. But that term Christos (greek) means much more to the importance of mankind.
But meanwhile we can say that according to Paul and to the gospel authors, Jesus had followers in his lifetime, so shall we call them "followers of Jesus" at that time?
OK...

But the term christian is wild with ambiguity and interpretations. I prefer drilling down the term christos to the greek rather than biblical.

Bthoth

*banned*
But there was a Christian community in the first century - Please see Acts 11:26 ( Christian ) - Acts 26:28;
per se. per bible, not god or post revelations (the unveiling)
1st Peter 4:16
That community started with Pentecost - Acts chapter 2
Peter is not my favorite. 23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Simon he apparently liked, but peter is one of the very few called 'satan' Adversary. The rock (church)

Bthoth

*banned*
Christ was Not his last name. Christ just stands for anointed one.
IN some views but the original greek.... Nope.
Yes, Lord Jesus has a different name - please see 1st Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 1:9; Daniel 12:1.
I know the name is not Jesus.

Just like revelations is not about jesus but another.

Dan 7:1

Daniel’s Dream of Four Beasts​

7 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream, and visions passed through his mind as he was lying in bed. He wrote down the substance of his dream.

8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

The 3 horns, the 3 religions of abraham. Daniel (book) was well before that. And 1 comes up between them, knowing the 3 which did not exist during jesus' time.

Just like revelations the visions is describing what is occurring well after jesus, hence why the book was written claiming that he was coming back.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We all live with God, at every moment.
I don't think so. But forced to choose, I'd have to toss a coin and see whether Aphrodite or Ganesha would suit me better.
Some consider the term christ to mean anointed.
That's because
(a) 'messiah' is from the Hebrew, one transliteration of which is māshīach,
(b) it denotes someone who's been 'anointed' by the Jewish priesthood,
(c) the NT is written in koine Greek,
(d) māshīach / 'anointed' translates into Greek as χριστός (khristós) and
(e) this becomes 'Christ' in English.

But that term Christos (greek) means much more to the importance of mankind.
Myself, I'd draw a distinction between, on the one hand, practicing Christians, and on the other hand, mankind.

We Never Know

No Slack
The World as we know it ends in 50 years. Complete and total annihilation.

Or so some say.

If that's true, what do we/you do?
Give up? Go with the flow? Create Chaos?

If there is no stopping it, ride it out and live all we can. Why worry and live miserably if it can't be stopped.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There's no record that Jesus ever existed. But according to the Gospel of Luke Jesus was born while Quirinius was a legate in Syria and he conducted a census. That was in 6 BC.
I find the word ' first ' at Luke 2:2 thus indicating Quirinius also did a second census or registration.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If there is no stopping it, ride it out and live all we can. Why worry and live miserably if it can't be stopped.
I like how you say ' ride it out ' because at the 'end of the ride' there can be a reward - Matthew 24:13-14
The figurative 'sheep' mentioned at Matthew 25:31-34,37 will be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years and can gain everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam and Eve before their downfall.
- 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
... for which there is no record.
For all we know, Jesus, if he existed as a historical figure, was most likely born between 6 and 4 BC. Date of birth of Jesus - Wikipedia
Wiki is Not a Bible. How do you know it was Not 2 BCE ( Before Common Era )
Sure there is secular mention of biblical Jesus.
Even secular persons admitted Jesus' miracles but simply did Not ascribe them to Jesus.
So, even admitting such things happened is really an involuntary confession of such things things taking place.
The super-natural happenings that all piece together with what Jesus did and will do during his coming 1,000 year reign over Earth.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Wiki is Not a Bible. How do you know it was Not 2 BCE ( Before Common Era )
I don't. Nobody does. Experts have come to the conclusion that it was most likely between 6 to 4 BC.
Because there is no record. Record as in official documentation of birth with date, location, name, name of parents, etc. All we have are stories. Written decades after the fact by people who were not eye witnesses.
Sure there is secular mention of biblical Jesus.
Yep, biblical Jesus, as in the myth or legend.
Even secular persons admitted Jesus' miracles but simply did Not ascribe them to Jesus.
[citation needed]

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't. Nobody does. Experts have come to the conclusion that it was most likely between 6 to 4 BC.
Yep, biblical Jesus, as in the myth or legend.
[citation needed]
Not experts in Bible chronology concluded.

Non-biblical testimony :
Julian
Celcus
Porphyry
Hierocles