• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ends in 50 Years

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't understand. Can you explain how and why all world mythologies need apocalyptic world-ending narrative? How do we account for the mythologies that lack this narrative?
I find in the Bible that Armageddon is the war to end all wars - Psalm 46:9
Jesus will have earthly subjects, citizens all over the Earth - Psalm 72:8; 12-14
Jesus will 'save/ deliver/rescue' the figurative 'sheep' at Jesus' coming glory time - Matthew 25:31-34,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't much want to leave the universe.
I find God also does Not want you to leave the universe. - Psalm 115:16
This is why Adam and Eve were offered everlasting life on Earth.
Because we are innocent of what fallen-father Adam did is why Jesus will come to our rescue.
Starting with Jesus' coming glory time of separation - Matt. 25:3-34,37 - the figurative 'sheep' can gain everlasting life on Earth.
The 'sheep' will be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' reign over Earth with everlasting life in view.
A beautiful paradisical Earth as describe in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, not "much later" returning, but returning in the lives of the servants (and handing out judgment on them).
Those words follow the words in Matthew 24:34, " ... this generation will not pass away till all these things take place." They limit the time available for the "day and hour" that "no one knows" for this to happen to the time of the then-living generation.
No, Jesus would first journey away ( heaven ) before later returning - Luke 19:11-15; Hebrews 9:24-25
The generation that would be alive to see the MAJOR fulfillment about the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14
The 'minor' fulfillment of Matthew chapter 24 came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed Jerusalem.
We are the generation that can be part of the figurative ' sheep ' as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
............................... I'm just curious if, especially in the case of more than one god, some or all may be indifferent to humanity in your opinion, or whether in your view, there is some property of godness that compels a god to take interest in human affairs and specifically set such standards. If later is the case, how do gods settle their potential differing opinions on such matters? What would inform their choices?
I find Satan is the god of this world of badness as per 2nd Cor. 4:4.
There was a differing of opinion regarding the man Job in Job chapters 1 and 2.
Satan not only challenged Job but all of us. 'Touch our flesh...' (loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
So, as in a court case it can take a matter of time to settle an issue.
The passing of time was needed for us all of us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Jesus and Job gave us the informed choice that under adverse conditions we can remain faithful to God upholding His standards.
The reward for such faithful integrity will be everlasting life. Some to Heaven, but most people to inherit the Earth - Matt. 5:5; Psalms 22:26; 37:9-11

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, Jesus would first journey away ( heaven ) before later returning - Luke 19:11-15
You'll have noticed that Luke 19:11 contradicts Luke 9:27:
Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.​

As well as Mark:
Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”​

And Matthew:
Matthew 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of man comes.​
Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”​

I'd say the most obvious explanation is that the predictions that the authors of Mark and Matthew attribute to Jesus are becoming overdue by the time the author of Luke is nearing the end of his draft, so he adds the dodge you mention (whether on his own motion or because that adjustment was already being made in the particular Christian community he was part of) ─ while the author of John, later again, sees that it's a lost cause and doesn't go near it.

MikeF

Premium Member
I find Satan is the god of this world of badness as per 2nd Cor. 4:4.

I looked this up to see what you might be talking about and this is what I found:

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." LINK

Do you not find this notion absurd? Why would the entity blind the minds of unbelievers? If that is the case, why undertake the task of spreading the gospel, of being an apostle to the Gentiles? My take would be that it is a weak attempt at deflecting what was probably a common criticism at the time, "If this Jesus is really the messiah, why do so many reject him as such, especially among leaders of the Jewish faith, the faith that predicts and has an expectation of the messiahs coming?"

I also find it disheartening that you see the world, the world we are living in, as a "world of badness". I'm not saying that there are not what might be termed bad events or bad conditions in the world, but I certainly would not attribute such a label as an overall summation to the totality of existence.

But back to my original point that you were responding two, which was if there are multiple entities that can determine and set moral standards, how do they reconcile between themselves which standards to set. You seem to have at least two or three entities at play, "God", "Satan", and perhaps "Jesus"? It seems that in this case, there isn't a reconciliation among entities, rather, there is a competition between standards, with entities advocating their opposing standards. Is that the gist of it?

Bthoth

*banned*
How true that Revelation was written decades after Jesus died, but unlike the rest of mankind God resurrected dead Jesus.
Jesus will use the Resurrection Power on Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand-year day. 1st. Cor. 15:24-26

Sure, a sort of messiah is coming. Not that jesus is coming back. That's the key. Revelation is readdressed prophecy of tanakh, that which jesus did not fulfill.
Sure anyone can make wine but could anyone make wine at a moments notice.
Jesus turned water into wine at the wedding feast, right then and there.
Magic is not an option but likewise, that is not what fulfills.
ALL the miracles Jesus performed are showing us or giving us a preview, a coming attraction of what Jesus will be doing a a grand-global scale when Jesus will govern over Earth for a thousand years.
and here 2000 yrs later, no jesus

See thread title. Are you expecting jesus to come while you're alive?

What if he has a different name than jesus/immanuel?

What if the guys last name is not christ. Unwilling to let people expect magic is an option.

Bthoth

*banned*
Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.​

As well as Mark:
Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”​
What if the lives are still here?
What power? Not even jesus was a king.

Is it possible He was talking about another, not himself?
And Matthew:
Matthew 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of man comes.​
Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”​

I'd say the most obvious explanation is that the predictions that the authors of Mark and Matthew attribute to Jesus are becoming overdue by the time the author of Luke is nearing the end of his draft, so he adds the dodge you mention (whether on his own motion or because that adjustment was already being made in the particular Christian community he was part of) ─ while the author of John, later again, sees that it's a lost cause and doesn't go near it.

There was no christian community during jesus' time.

Phin

The World as we know it ends in 50 years. Complete and total annihilation.

Or so some say.

If that's true, what do we/you do?
Give up? Go with the flow? Create Chaos?
The rulers of this world claim life as we know it ends in 2030 and it's already playing out right in front of us right now however most of the population is oblivious to what's happening.

What do we do? We get physically, mentally and spiritually prepared. Learn basic life skills in case we are one of the fortunate ones to make it through.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As well as Mark:
And Matthew:
Luke 9:27; Mark 9:1 is in connection to the transfiguration VISION - Matthew 17:9 " tell the VISION to no one........"
Sure, just like back in the first century we today would Not complete or stop preaching til Jesus' coming Glory Time of Matt. 25:31-34
Before Jesus' resurrection (Pentecost) what he said applied to the first century but continuing Acts 1:8 applies to us.- Matt. 24:13-14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The rulers of this world claim life as we know it ends in 2030 and it's already playing out right in front of us right now however most of the population is oblivious to what's happening.
What do we do? We get physically, mentally and spiritually prepared. Learn basic life skills in case we are one of the fortunate ones to make it through.
.... and I find to be physically, mentally and spiritually prepared is to do what Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:13-14; Acts 1:8
The figurative 'sheep' will make it through the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 - Matt. 25:31-34,37; Proverbs 18:10; Psalms 27:5.
So, it is more than 'basic life skills depending' but to do what Isaiah 26:20 says to do.
Remember it was God who shut the Ark door.- Gen. 7:16 B, and who gave the instructions at the Exodus time - Exodus 12:22-23
So, the pattern is set we just need to follow it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.......There was no christian community during jesus' time.
But there was a Christian community in the first century - Please see Acts 11:26 ( Christian ) - Acts 26:28; 1st Peter 4:16
That community started with Pentecost - Acts chapter 2

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sure, a sort of messiah is coming. Not that jesus is coming back. That's the key. Revelation is readdressed prophecy of tanakh, that which jesus did not fulfill.
Magic is not an option but likewise, that is not what fulfills.
and here 2000 yrs later, no jesus
See thread title. Are you expecting jesus to come while you're alive?
What if he has a different name than jesus/immanuel?
What if the guys last name is not christ. Unwilling to let people expect magic is an option.
Christ was Not his last name. Christ just stands for anointed one.
Yes, Lord Jesus has a different name - please see 1st Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 1:9; Daniel 12:1.

King Phenomenon

Some say 2033 cuz Jesus died at age 33 but I don’t buy it

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What if the lives are still here?
What power? Not even jesus was a king.

Is it possible He was talking about another, not himself?
You may have noticed that the bible is ambiguous as to the identity of the "Son of Man". In some references it seems clear that Jesus is meant, in other places that Jesus is speaking of a third party. I read that the general Jewish belief in those apocalyptic times was that the Son of Man was Enoch (who you'll recall from your readings of the Tanakh didn't die but went to live with God).
There was no christian community during jesus' time.
A nice point. He was never anointed as a Jewish messiah at any stage, so you could argue the validity of calling him 'Christ' at all. But meanwhile we can say that according to Paul and to the gospel authors, Jesus had followers in his lifetime, so shall we call them "followers of Jesus" at that time?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Luke 9:27; Mark 9:1 is in connection to the transfiguration VISION - Matthew 17:9 " tell the VISION to no one........"
Sure, just like back in the first century we today would Not complete or stop preaching til Jesus' coming Glory Time of Matt. 25:31-34
Before Jesus' resurrection (Pentecost) what he said applied to the first century but continuing Acts 1:8 applies to us.- Matt. 24:13-14
No, it's about the apocalypse, the Son of Man establishing the Kingdom on earth (ie in Judea) and getting rid of them danged Romans and restoring Jewish autonomy.

And despite the promises in the synoptics that it would happen in the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience, well, no, it didn't. Which would account for why John, last written of the gospels, doesn't mention it at all.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I looked this up to see what you might be talking about and this is what I found:
"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." LINK​
Do you not find this notion absurd? Why would the entity blind the minds of unbelievers? If that is the case, why undertake the task of spreading the gospel, of being an apostle to the Gentiles? My take would be that it is a weak attempt at deflecting what was probably a common criticism at the time, "If this Jesus is really the messiah, why do so many reject him as such, especially among leaders of the Jewish faith, the faith that predicts and has an expectation of the messiahs coming?"
I also find it disheartening that you see the world, the world we are living in, as a "world of badness". I'm not saying that there are not what might be termed bad events or bad conditions in the world, but I certainly would not attribute such a label as an overall summation to the totality of existence.
But back to my original point that you were responding two, which was if there are multiple entities that can determine and set moral standards, how do they reconcile between themselves which standards to set. You seem to have at least two or three entities at play, "God", "Satan", and perhaps "Jesus"? It seems that in this case, there isn't a reconciliation among entities, rather, there is a competition between standards, with entities advocating their opposing standards. Is that the gist of it?
I say 'world of badness' because 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 reads like today's daily news.
Human rule brings war and untimely death showing man can't give us what man really needs.
Plus, (Luke 21:11) we see GREAT earthquakes besides horrific hurricanes, terrorism (9/11) people armed with guns leaving victims defenseless among us.
A common misunderstanding is that " He's got the whole world in his hands...... " meaning: God is the He.
Jesus set us straight as to who is the 'he' at John 14:30.
Satan he is the 'he' the behind-the-scenes Puppet Master pulling the world's strings. - 1st John 5:19; Rev. 12:12,9
Thus, Satan is the 'god' of this world - 2nd Cor. 4:4
So, before the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 breaks out there will be increasing pangs of distress before Jesus comes to the rescue of the figurative 'sheep' as found at Matt. 25:31-34,37
Darkest before the dawn, the bright dawning or the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Who knows when it’ll end.
Jesus’ coming glory!!!
Yes, Jesus' soon coming Glory Time of separation as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37
Jesus said his God knows when it'll end - Matt. 24:36
As in ancient Egypt, God has an 'appointed time' to end our affliction - Exodus 3:7
See Habakkuk 2:3
The vision we can now picture - Isaiah chapter 35 - shows a coming beautiful paradisical earth for humankind to enjoy.