• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E=mc2

Skwim

Veteran Member
Admittedly, I don't know much about physics, but isn't the equation "E=M" just as valid an equation? Energy does equal matter, right?
It's a matter of the amount on both sides of the equation. Just like P ≠ C, but 2P = C, where P is people, and C is a couple.

E = mc² is a mass-energy equivalence. The amount of energy of a particular object is its mass multipled by the speed of light times itself

Last edited:

ScottySatan

Sure it'll work if the you change the units you're using. But it just moves C^2 somewhere else.

The C^2 is a reference to how much energy equals how much mass, quantitateively.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The equation indicates an equality.
Such much mass equals so much energy.
(removing the factor and it's exponent is a false idea)

As simple as that seems....the implications are numerous and enormous.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a matter of the amount on both sides of the equation. Just like P ≠ C, but 2P = C, where P is people, and C is a couple.

E = mc² is a mass-energy equivalence. The amount of energy of a particular object is its mass multipled by the speed of light times itself
One problem:
P = 2C

Skwim

Veteran Member
One problem:
P = 2C
'fraid ya got it backassward

It's either 2P = C or C = 2p. ( 2p ⇔ c) Two people can transform into a couple, and a couple can transform into two people. While 2P ⇒ C happens all the time, it wasn't until a C was finally split ( C ⇒ 2P) in the Bronx Cheer Project--- the New York borough clearing event of "ought-six" ---that the full scope of its meaning came to be appreciated. It was found that while in distantly separated states the two Ps still exhibited an entanglement that can only be characterized as "spooky." At least that's how the late Russian film director cum German couples therapy veteran Sergei Eisenstein (foto below) characterized it, ""Spukhafte Fernwirkung" he said with a dismissive grimace.
th

Although Sergei thought little of the accomplishment, it's worth can be appreciated in allowing hitherto-for inseparable pair bond Cs to operate independently and away from each other, all the while retaining their C (couple) identity. No mean feat, the splitting of a C has been compared to the discovery of Butter-Milk Skies
[youtube]fOgrjd9NKF0[/youtube]
and the invention of the No-Bra look.
3692_448c96e786277.bmp

Of course, some still find it an onerous and even frightening turn of events---threatening god's directive to go forth and multiply. So, even though there's a preservation of entanglement in C ⇒ 2P it has still proven to be an obstacle to reproduction. Consequently, we have groups like People Against the Separation of Couples and States of Ecstasy, and Christians United for Coupling Couples, trying to put a stop to IECs (Independent Entangled Couples). "If god had wanted couples to split he wouldn't have created Adam and Eve; Noah and Emzara-- daughter of Rake'el, son of Methuselah; and Simon Peter and Schuster, said group protest leader and recently resurrected preacher Billy Sunday.
sunday-firing_line.jpg

Billy Sunday striking a, "Smite them Independent Entangled Couples" pose.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
For the record I believe it should be noted that people have this entire equation wrong.

E=mc2 is not the actual equation. It was a numerological prophecy foretelling the coming of MC Hammer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
'fraid ya got it backassward

It's either 2P = C or C = 2p.

Let's try some numbers.

P = the number of people
C = the number of couples

Suppose we have one couple, & want to determine the number of people using your equation.

2P = C yields P = C/2
Substituting C = 1, we find that P = 1/2
But we know that we have 2 people in a couple, not 1/2 a person.

now try P = 2C
Substituting C = 1, we find that P = 2
Lo & behold, this formula let's us correctly determine the quantitative
relationship between the number of people & the number of couples.
QED.

It seems that you intended "2P=C" to mean "2 people equals 1 couple".
But the mathematical expression "2P" means "2 times the variable P", which is the inverse of what you want.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Let's try some numbers.

P = the number of people
C = the number of couples

Suppose we have one couple, & want to determine the number of people using your equation.

2P = C yields P = C/2
Substituting C = 1, we find that P = 1/2
But we know that we have 2 people in a couple, not 1/2 a person.

now try P = 2C
Substituting C = 1, we find that P = 2
Lo & behold, this formula let's us correctly determine the quantitative
relationship between the number of people & the number of couples.
QED.

It seems that you intended "2P=C" to mean "2 people equals 1 couple".
But the mathematical expression "2P" means "2 times the variable P", which is the inverse of what you want.

P = 1 person C = 2 persons Therefore C = 2P.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
P = 1 person C = 2 persons Therefore C = 2P.
Your error is that "C" refers to couples, not persons.
You're led astray by confusing English with mathematics.
"2P" does not mean "2 persons". It means "2 multiplied by P".
This can be cleared up by considering units (aka dimensions).

The units for P are "persons"
The units for C are "couples"
P/C would be "persons/couple"
The conversion factor is 2 persons/couple.
("Persons" & "couples" are the units of the number)

By analogy, if you want to convert from kg to lbs, the factor is 2.2 lbs/kg
If L is the weight in lbs, & K is the weight in kg, we have...
L =2.2K
If you have 1kg, this formula correctly tells you this is 2.2lbs.
It does not mean that 1 lb is 2.2 kg.

Let's say that it is known that there are 10 couples at a party.
We want to know how many persons this would be.
C = 10 couples
Substituting into P = 2C
P = 2 persons/couple x 10 couples
P = 20 persons
(Note how the "couple" term in the numerator & denominator on the right side cancel out, leaving the term "persons".)

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Your error is that "C" refers to couples, not persons.
You're led astray by confusing English with mathematics.
"2P" does not mean "2 persons". It means "2 multiplied by P".
This can be cleared up by considering units (aka dimensions).

The units for P are "persons"
The units for C are "couples"
P/C would be "persons/couple"
("Persons" & "couples" are the units of the number)

By analogy, if you want to convert from kg to lbs, the factor is 2.2 lbs/kg
If L is the weight in lbs, & K is the weight in kg, we have...
L =2.2K
If you have 1kg, this formula correctly tells you this is 2.2lbs.
It does not mean that 1 lb is 2.2 kg.

Let's say that it is known that there are 10 couples at a party.
We want to know how many persons this would be.
C = 10 couples
Substituting into P = 2C
P = 2 persons/couple x 10 couples
P = 20 persons
(Note how the "couple" term in the numerator & denominator on the right side cancel out, leaving the term "persons".)

Right, C is a couple. A couple equals 2 people. Substitute P for people, and you get C = 2P.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member

So we need some kind of thing such that when we use C, and want to get P, this thing, this factor, acts to scale the results and make two different units equivalent? A kind of scaling factor even? If only there were a simple word we had, like facscal, or scalfar, or scalar, or something, to call this that was useful for even more than conversion. Oh well. We shall call it, in honor of this equation, CP-symmetry. It rhymes, and it's not like that's used to refer to anything else.

So, do I get my Nobel now? Or is there like a place I go to collect it?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So we need some kind of thing such that when we use C, and want to get P, this thing, this factor, acts to scale the results and make two different units equivalent? A kind of scaling factor even? If only there were a simple word we had, like facscal, or scalfar, or scalar, or something, to call this that was useful for even more than conversion. Oh well. We shall call it, in honor of this equation, CP-symmetry. It rhymes, and it's not like that's used to refer to anything else.
So, do I get my Nobel now? Or is there like a place I go to collect it?
I wish I understood any of that....it sounds wicked smart!

Here's your award....
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3463884-post59.html

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right, C is a couple. A couple equals 2 people. Substitute P for people, and you get C = 2P.
There's a way mathematicians set up such equations.

Let the number of persons be P, & let any doublet/pair of persons be C, s.t. C= 2P.

Now you can use the equation. I have 3 couples or 3C. 3C = 3(2P) = 6P.

With just the equation and the words couple and people, 1 couple is a unit and one person is a unit. In order to use the unit C to get the right number of P per unit C, I need 2C= P. Otherwise, as nobody else has stated yet even once, let alone in a clear description and an example, I end up getting half a person per couple.

But I get it. Clearly, we're relying on God math: itaque iam non sunt duo sed una caro quod ergo Deus coniunxit homo non separet. So the equation 2P= C is simply reflecting marriage between a man and she-who-must-be-obeyed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your formula doesn't work because it incorrectly expresses what you say in English.
Suppose P = 2 people
C is the quantity of couples
You say C = 2 x P
This yields C = 4
Do you mean that 2 people make 4 couples?

Try it this way.
P = the quantity of persons
C = the quantity of couples
The equation relating the two variables is P = 2C
C = 1
P = 2 (persons/couple) x 1 (couple)
P = 2 persons

Your notion comes from the idea that couples are twice as big as individuals.
Naturally, your common sense would demand that a 2 be associated with the people, since you need two of them for a couple.
You also read "C = 2P" to mean "A couple equals 2 people".
Actually, your expression means "The quantity of couples equals 2 times the number of persons"
You put the "2" in the wrong place when translating from English to "math".

You remind me of this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfq5kju627c

Last edited: