• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dutch Government censors David Icke (not allowed to come to Holland)

Select those you agree with:

• 01: I think it's good to disallow David Icke to speak

• 02: I think it's good to allow David Icke to speak

• 03: I am 'glad' they censor free speech more and more

• 04: I am 'sad' they censor free speech more and more

• 05: I don't like David Icke, but he should be able to share his beliefs

• 06: I do like David Icke, and he should be able to share his beliefs

Results are only viewable after voting.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Neither do I.
I have never believed in aliens.
I do believe we are the only intelligent beings in the universe...
But I do respect those who think otherwise. I will let them speak.
This thread isn't about anyone's right to speak; this thread is about the right of people who aren't refugees to enter countries where they aren't citizens or permanent residents.

You never did give a straight answer when I asked your position on this before. Are you advocating for open borders generally, or do you just think that David Icke falls into some category of non-resident alien (no pun intended) who should be entitled to enter the Netherlands?

If the latter: please tell us more about this category.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Because evidently the Dutch government considers its own citizens to be handicapped, and handicapped people need to be protected from words and messages that may harm them.

I suspect the government is actually trying to protect itself more.
Icke seems a person that can get people to question government authority.
Makes him more dangerous to the government than anything else.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
May I give an explicit example? There was an incredibly brave magistrate, a district attorney that fought organized crime and he was considered a braggart, a loudmouth, a visionary by some politicians.
There is even a video on YT of one politician who insults him on live TV, from the nineties.

It turns out this politician was arrested and jailed for organized crime.

So...I am very suspicious whenever someone wants to censor Icke.
And I am really curious about how personal the motivations of this censorship is.
You forgot a very important detail. Was he guilty of being associated with organized crime or not? In fact there can be reasonable evidence that leads to jail but is not enough to convict. At least here. People are at times put in jail. Bond is set unless they are an active threat, and they can usually get out of jail until the trial. I do not know how it works in Italy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I suspect the government is actually trying to protect itself more.
Icke seems a person that can get people to question government authority.
Makes him more dangerous to the government than anything else.
Really? A loon is a threat to the Government? Oh wait, Donald Trump. Hmm, I have to put some more thought into this.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You forgot a very important detail. Was he guilty of being associated with organized crime or not? In fact there can be reasonable evidence that leads to jail but is not enough to convict. At least here. People are at times put in jail. Bond is set unless they are an active threat, and they can usually get out of jail until the trial. I do not know how it works in Italy.
Yes, he was.
Bribery.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This thread isn't about anyone's right to speak; this thread is about the right of people who aren't refugees to enter countries where they aren't citizens or permanent residents.

You never did give a straight answer when I asked your position on this before. Are you advocating for open borders generally, or do you just think that David Icke falls into some category of non-resident alien (no pun intended) who should be entitled to enter the Netherlands?

If the latter: please tell us more about this category.
Aristotelian logic:
if someone is member of some criminal organization, isn't it logical they will do anything to censor, silence or exile those who try to uncover, expose or disclose things related to that organization?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Aristotelian logic:
if someone is member of some criminal organization, isn't it logical they will do anything to censor, silence or exile those who try to uncover, expose or disclose things related to that organization?
A straight answer to my question, please.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
You'd do a review he's just a human and just a man who thinks.

He uses scientific references themes yet doesn't know how to place the advice in a correct acceptable formatted thinking status.

So he's living proof human theists on man humans science topics own incorrect thinking. By causes mind changed.

As 5G is a man's science choice. Doesn't make it correct.
So is theorising humans were aliens by a sun machines reaction. Alien a sun out of space God travelling in star mass...men human theories as man as man scientists.

Uses two titles as if one causes him self superiority. Which Theists use and identify behaviour via.

Dinosaurs life destroyed huge atmospheric attack yet men science theists use cold blooded reptile advice. Involve iron red warm blooded genetics microbes in the evolution of genetics from reptilian theories lying....warm blood not even changing now.

As science is one man by many men. Reborn baby. Who keeps repeating his own conscious mans mistakes.

Humans who use technology to kill of living microbiology not red blood in waters microbial spaces. To cause germ invasive human lifes cell attack.

So by history its ancient about man of human science. Now.

In a lot of themes he isn't correctly explaining as he just doesn't know how to format the advice. As it's ancient history plus new but same old technology choices. The human man science cause.

Some humans believe in verbalising any advice as life is in danger ...is known and advised. Otherwise humans wouldn't need to act radically.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I think that 1984 is their Bible.
Thought police...what a wonderful word...;)
That's a pretty out there comment, but good to know that people besides me read that book. I loved it. I read it when I was in high school. I gave a review for it, and it was one of the few times I got a good grade for a review of a book. The other good grade was when I compared two biographies for Einstein.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Dutch Government censors David Icke (not allowed to come to Holland to give a speech)

Big Brother is getting implemented more and more. Holland used to be democratic, but not allowing David Icke to come to Holland to give a speech is 1 step further towards censorship

What do you believe?
It's good to censor freedom of speech?
All humans are equal, but some are more equal than others?
I believe that dangerous conspiracy nutcases should not be given public platforms.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Freedom is not absolute.

There is freedom of speech, sure.
That doesn't mean you get to spew whatever you want, like hate speech or just blatant lies about people.
Why should that go without consequence?
We might differ on proscriptions & consequences
regarding different kinds of speech. What works
in Holland might not here.