• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dutch Government censors David Icke (not allowed to come to Holland)

Select those you agree with:

• 01: I think it's good to disallow David Icke to speak

• 02: I think it's good to allow David Icke to speak

• 03: I am 'glad' they censor free speech more and more

• 04: I am 'sad' they censor free speech more and more

• 05: I don't like David Icke, but he should be able to share his beliefs

• 06: I do like David Icke, and he should be able to share his beliefs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
His main conspiracy theory that the world is run by a secret cabal of Jewish lizard-people.

Except for the weird "lizard" angle, it's pretty much the stock "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"-type antisemitic conspiracy theory about Jews undermining democracy and exerting evil, secret control on the world.
If it deals with a secret cabal, it is not Anti-Semitism.
Because Anti-Semitism is when you target an entire race, an entire nation, an entire religion.
Not when you speak against a very elitist group.

That's the juridical definition of anti-Semitism in my legal vocabulary.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If it deals with a secret cabal, it is not Anti-Semitism.
Because Anti-Semitism is when you target an entire race, an entire nation, an entire religion.
Not when you speak against a very elitist group.

That's the juridical definition of anti-Semitism in my legal vocabulary.
Ha! Are you serious? o_O

"Yes, there's a secret Jewish conspiracy of Jewish lizard-people secretly running the world, but not all Jewish people are involved, so I'm not an anti-semite!"

Give your head a shake.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Ha! Are you serious? o_O

"Yes, there's a secret Jewish conspiracy of Jewish lizard-people secretly running the world, but not all Jewish people are involved, so I'm not an anti-semite!"

Give your head a shake.

If it deals with very few people, it's not Anti-semitism.

Are you implying the no Jewish person has ever committed a crime in the history of mankind?

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If it deals with very few people, it's not Anti-semitism.

Are you implying the no Jewish person has ever committed a crime in the history of humanity?
At this point, I'm just trying to decide whether I should be responding to you with pity or contempt.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No, watch the false accusations. The guy who was rightfully rejected does not think. Have you ever tried to apply reason when it came to the sort of claims that he makes? If so you would have been rolling on the floor with laughter at some of his beliefs.

Yes, I don't need the government for that.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Knowingly promoting lies should be illegal. And should remove ones right to free speech on a public platform for a period of time, specified by a court.

Lies and disinformation are an abuse of free speech.

Is A Lie Just Free Speech, Or Is It A Crime?

But when he claimed to have won the "Congressional Medal of Honor," that lie was a violation of the Stolen Valor Act, which makes it a crime to make false claims about receiving military medals.

Alvarez appealed his conviction and won. A federal appeals court struck down the law as a violation of the First Amendment guarantee of free speech.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Is A Lie Just Free Speech, Or Is It A Crime?

But when he claimed to have won the "Congressional Medal of Honor," that lie was a violation of the Stolen Valor Act, which makes it a crime to make false claims about receiving military medals.

Alvarez appealed his conviction and won. A federal appeals court struck down the law as a violation of the First Amendment guarantee of free speech.

It's a binding precedent.
But Icke speaks of theories. A lie is when someone states something is the historical truth.

But bottom line is "We have always had freedom of speech, only this time they ban someone to share his beliefs"

I remember many people on RF used to say "I don't agree with your beliefs, but I will protect your right to express them (in word) till I die"

Since Corona + brainwashing by government, there is little left on RF with "... protect your right to share your beliefs (a.k.a. free speech)"

It's not a free speech issue, it's border control issue.

No foreigner has the right to enter a country, especially not for the purpose of enriching themselves and promoting their ideology.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's not a free speech issue, it's border control issue.

No foreigner has the right to enter a country, especially not for the purpose of enriching themselves and promoting their ideology.

Surely. Each country decides what kind of enrichment they want to favor.
For example, I find Icke's books very inspiring and useful for the enrichment of my country.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What does this have to do with free speech?

David Icke still has free reign to spew his nonsense. He's also free to complain to whoever will listen about how he feels about the government of the Netherlands.

Icke's free speech is intact.
I see that different

But no need to debate it, because if I am right then in a few years it will be more than obvious, and if you are right then in a few years we also know

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I see that different

But no need to debate it, because if I am right then in a few years it will be more than obvious, and if you are right then in a few years we also know
In a few years... after the Jewish lizard-people reveal their true form?

Sit down. Please.