• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb application question

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I dont know. Like I said it's illegal to ask in the first place prior to being hired. And even if it wasn't why would their opinions on anything matter I am the one applying
To make an assumption based on how I was, it may be they don't want outside influences they don't approve of. But not only that, it's concern for their very fragile beliefs that can't begin to think about how anything outside of their "so narrow it's blinding" viewpoints can possibly work, with a general agreement that not only can it not work it's also an immoral position.
Still hella illegal though.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I dont know. Like I said it's illegal to ask in the first place prior to being hired. And even if it wasn't why would their opinions on anything matter I am the one applying
They are trying to get around asking you about your religious beliefs, which is also an illegal question. Their question is illegal too, it is just not blatantly dishonest.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
They are trying to get around asking you about your religious beliefs, which is also an illegal question. Their question is illegal too, it is just not blatantly dishonest.
it's a christian organization so they are ok to ask about religion but not about martial status
Pre-Employment Inquiries and Religious Affiliation or Beliefs.
This exception relieves religious organizations only from the ban on employment discrimination based on religion. It does not exempt such organizations from employing individuals due to their race, gender, national origin, disability, color, and/or age.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So one the places I applied to was a private christian daycare.

My favorite question on the application they gave me was:

What does your spouse think of Christianity?

I was tempted to put tho did not(keep in mind the folk will likely assume im female cuz my legal name):

Im not married. Do I need to be to get this job? Am I extra hired if I get me multiple spouses just for this job? Are there gender requirements? Like if I marry all women would that work?Do these spouses need a certain look? Like can I have them all have alt fashion and scare all the grandmas picking kids up at your daycare? Also why you want their opinion? They ain't the ones you hiring.

I also feel this question may be illegal. I mean according to the eeco they ain't supposed to ask about martial status before hiring me. They can however ask after...:

Pre-Employment Inquiries and Marital Status or Number of Children.
You refer to it as a "private and christian", that is a huge red flag for anything and anyone not identifying under their guidelines. They can discriminate based on religious belief; especially christian religious belief.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Why would someone who identifies as a “satanic pagan witch” want to work at a Christian daycare, with children?

VoidCat

Why would someone who identifies as a “satanic pagan witch” want to work at a Christian daycare, with children?
Because most the daycares are christian daycares round here. If I refused to work at christian ones that limits where I can work. Im ok with Christianity tho I dont follow it.

VoidCat

You refer to it as a "private and christian", that is a huge red flag for anything and anyone not identifying under their guidelines. They can discriminate based on religious belief; especially christian religious belief.
Not always. Some private christian daycares places are christian geared but ok hiring nonchristians and are more liberal with guidelines

It just depends which one you apply to and work at

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not always. Some private christian daycares places are christian geared but ok hiring nonchristians and are more liberal with guidelines

It just depends which one you apply to and work at

i live in the bible belt. that is a rarity unless you possibly live in a larger metro area.

but i do wish you all the best

JIMMY12345

So one the places I applied to was a private christian daycare.

My favorite question on the application they gave me was:

What does your spouse think of Christianity?

I was tempted to put tho did not(keep in mind the folk will likely assume im female cuz my legal name):

Im not married. Do I need to be to get this job? Am I extra hired if I get me multiple spouses just for this job? Are there gender requirements? Like if I marry all women would that work?Do these spouses need a certain look? Like can I have them all have alt fashion and scare all the grandmas picking kids up at your daycare? Also why you want their opinion? They ain't the ones you hiring.

I also feel this question may be illegal. I mean according to the eeco they ain't supposed to ask about martial status before hiring me. They can however ask after...:

Pre-Employment Inquiries and Marital Status or Number of Children.
Do not keep us in suspense.Did you take he job? I think a lot depends if you think you like the people and the work.

VoidCat

Do not keep us in suspense.Did you take he job? I think a lot depends if you think you like the people and the work.
Nope. I got hired elsewhere at another more secular daycare. And im enjoying working at said daycare.