• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb application question

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So one the places I applied to was a private christian daycare.

My favorite question on the application they gave me was:

What does your spouse think of Christianity?

I was tempted to put tho did not(keep in mind the folk will likely assume im female cuz my legal name):

Im not married. Do I need to be to get this job? Am I extra hired if I get me multiple spouses just for this job? Are there gender requirements? Like if I marry all women would that work?Do these spouses need a certain look? Like can I have them all have alt fashion and scare all the grandmas picking kids up at your daycare? Also why you want their opinion? They ain't the ones you hiring.

I also feel this question may be illegal. I mean according to the eeco they ain't supposed to ask about martial status before hiring me. They can however ask after...:

Pre-Employment Inquiries and Marital Status or Number of Children.
Generally, employers should not use non job-related questions involving marital status, number and/or ages of children or dependents, or names of spouses or children of the applicant. Such inquiries may be asked after an employment offer has been made and accepted if needed for insurance or other legitimate business purposes.

The following pre-employment inquiries may be regarded as evidence of intent to discriminate when asked in the pre-employment context:

• Whether applicant is pregnant.
  • Marital status of applicant or whether applicant plans to marry.
  • Number and age of children or future child bearing plans.
  • Child care arrangements.
  • Employment status of spouse.
  • Name of spouse.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That is dumb question.

Why would your marital status matter here? Much less, your spouse's religious opinions?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I recommend being creative.
In the 70s, I needed surgery on a broken leg at
Good Samaritan Hospital in Baltimore. The hospital
form required a religion. It could not be left blank.
So I put "Born Again Pedestrian". They accepted it.
You could say you've....
"no spousal problem with Christianity"

See what happens.
Life is all about experimentation.
Sally forth with confidence & flexibility.

VoidCat

That is dumb question.

Why would your marital status matter here? Much less, your spouse's religious opinions?
I dont know. Like I said it's illegal to ask in the first place prior to being hired. And even if it wasn't why would their opinions on anything matter I am the one applying

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
So one the places I applied to was a private christian daycare.

My favorite question on the application they gave me was:

What does your spouse think of Christianity?

I was tempted to put tho did not(keep in mind the folk will likely assume im female cuz my legal name):

Im not married. Do I need to be to get this job? Am I extra hired if I get me multiple spouses just for this job? Are there gender requirements? Like if I marry all women would that work?Do these spouses need a certain look? Like can I have them all have alt fashion and scare all the grandmas picking kids up at your daycare? Also why you want their opinion? They ain't the ones you hiring.

I also feel this question may be illegal. I mean according to the eeco they ain't supposed to ask about martial status before hiring me. They can however ask after...:

Pre-Employment Inquiries and Marital Status or Number of Children.
In the UK that question would never be asked. Of course the correct answer would be What the **** has that got to do with my suitability for this position?

Jesus. Haha.

VoidCat

Well, she said it was a private "Christian" daycare. Maybe they have a right to hire people they think will fit in better.
My pronouns are they/them

Either way what does my spouse's opinions have to do with anything? My opinions sure makes sense to ask but my nonexistent spouse's opinions?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I recommend being creative.
In the 70s, I needed surgery on a broken leg at
Good Samaritan Hospital in Baltimore. The hospital
form required a religion. It could not be left blank.
So I put "Born Again Pedestrian". They accepted it.
You could say you've....
"no spousal problem with Christianity"

See what happens.
Life is all about experimentation.
Sally forth with confidence & flexibility.
Does religion affect the success rate of surgery? :facepalm: