• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking...

Jesus4Ever

Druidus said:
I think Mr. Suspicious has at leat two ghost accounts: Jesus4Ever and Rogue_believer. However, I am not sure this can be proved. Could a mod check the ip addresses?
Is this site just for you Yanks? Just because I'm in a different time zone and dont talk like you that gives you the right to discriminate against me? I think you should be opening a thread about your racist problems that you obviously have. Drink is the least of your worries when you cant accept people other than your own. Your type make me sick.

Druidus said:
I think Mr. Suspicious has at leat two ghost accounts: Jesus4Ever and Rogue_believer. However, I am not sure this can be proved. Could a mod check the ip addresses?

Why would you think Mr Suspicious has a ghost account? Why do you not accuse Rogue_Believer of the same thing etc etc.

When this is proved by a moderator to be a false accusation then I expect a full and public apology. This is nothing less than a witch hunt and typical of the people on this 'religious' forum.

And besides, if an IP address happens to be in the same range (even then I am not on the same IP range as Rogue believer, this I have checked). What would that prove?

Are you saying two people who happen to be in the same company, share the same apartment block or dare I say it the same desktop PC not take part in this forum?

Even the vatican PC's are on the same IP range, would you accuse the Pope of trying it on?

This forums agenda is becoming clearer to me and to be honest the current state of this planet is also becoming more understandeable. You fling accusations around like confetti against anyone with a view that does not back up your own.

Frankly I am disgusted.

Jesus4Ever said:
Is this site just for you Yanks? Just because I'm in a different time zone and dont talk like you that gives you the right to discriminate against me? I think you should be opening a thread about your racist problems that you obviously have. Drink is the least of your worries when you cant accept people other than your own. Your type make me sick.

I agree wholeheartedly, we are united in the fight to clear our names that have been besmirched.

Lumping all foreigners together and casting dispertions about their integrity indeed.

Your 'type' is exactly what is wrong with this planet and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

It would appear 'we' have been accused of breaking forum rules, with little or no proof.

As long as the relevant parties are prepared to accept they were incorrect I would hope we will able to continue this discussion and move on.

I think this randomly selected news story proves that alcohol in the wrong hands clearly damages peoples lives. . .

Drink problem mum's toy gun police drama Mar 14 2006

AN ARMED police squad surrounded a woman who was carrying a toy gun as she stopped to look at a car crash.
Celia Young, 41, had been trying to catch a glimpse of an accident in Green Lane, Morden, when youths spotted what appeared to be a handgun tucked into her waistband. They alerted police who sent an armed response team which stopped her in nearby Middleton Road, Morden. Young told officers she kept the toy for protection because a man had recently approached her and asked her to get in his car.
The mum-of-two, who lives in Merevale Crescent, admitted possessing an imitation firearm at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Tuesday last week.
The court heard she regretted the incident on January 14 and that she had spent the morning drinking Tennants Super lager. Magistrates were told that Young had problems with drink and drugs and that tuberculosis had prevented her from attending an earlier hearing.​
http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.u...lem-mum-s-toy-gun-police-drama-name_page.html

Jesus4Ever

jewscout said:
**MOD POST**

Please remain on topic

thank you
Jewscout please could you put Druidus straight on his false claims so we can continue with the topic at hand? I know you have investigated this subject and dont like the bad vibes i'm getting from Druidus.

Jesus4Ever

rogue_believer said:
I think this randomly selected news story proves that alcohol in the wrong hands clearly damages peoples lives. . .

Drink problem mum's toy gun police drama Mar 14 2006

AN ARMED police squad surrounded a woman who was carrying a toy gun as she stopped to look at a car crash.

Celia Young, 41, had been trying to catch a glimpse of an accident in Green Lane, Morden, when youths spotted what appeared to be a handgun tucked into her waistband. They alerted police who sent an armed response team which stopped her in nearby Middleton Road, Morden. Young told officers she kept the toy for protection because a man had recently approached her and asked her to get in his car.
The mum-of-two, who lives in Merevale Crescent, admitted possessing an imitation firearm at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Tuesday last week.
The court heard she regretted the incident on January 14 and that she had spent the morning drinking Tennants Super lager. Magistrates were told that Young had problems with drink and drugs and that tuberculosis had prevented her from attending an earlier hearing.​
Maybe it was her problems in earlier life that had driven her to the drink. I'm sure the man asking her to get in the car was not down to her drinking Tennants Super lager. If carrying a toy gun is the best excuse as to why drink is bad then you wont see me putting down the bottle.

Jesus4Ever

I think this is proof that drink can send people out of contole.

Benjamin Nathan Moseley and Russell Lee DeBusk Jr., both 19, and Matthew Lee Cloyd, 20, were arrested last week on charges of conspiracy and setting fire to one of nine small, Baptist churches in early February.
Each charge carries a minimum sentence of five years in prison.
Authorities have not commented on a possible motive, but evidence indicates the fires began as a prank that got out of control on a night of drinking and illegal hunting. Defense attorneys have said the fires were not crimes of hate.
According to court documents, Cloyd told a witness that he and Moseley "had done something stupid" and that they set fire to a church "as a joke."

Jesus4Ever said:
I think this is proof that drink can send people out of contole.

Benjamin Nathan Moseley and Russell Lee DeBusk Jr., both 19, and Matthew Lee Cloyd, 20, were arrested last week on charges of conspiracy and setting fire to one of nine small, Baptist churches in early February.
Each charge carries a minimum sentence of five years in prison.
Authorities have not commented on a possible motive, but evidence indicates the fires began as a prank that got out of control on a night of drinking and illegal hunting. Defense attorneys have said the fires were not crimes of hate.
According to court documents, Cloyd told a witness that he and Moseley "had done something stupid" and that they set fire to a church "as a joke."

Not a hugely funny joke . . . Can't see a knock knock punchline in there

Drink enhances stupidity.

Jesus4Ever

rogue_believer said:

Drink enhances stupidity.

Knock Knock, Who is there? Your Church is on fire.

No I dont get it either. American kids have no sence of humour

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
You can try asking me.

Could, but did not, because if you do/did have ghost accounts, why would you admit to it and get banned?

Is this site just for you Yanks? Just because I'm in a different time zone and dont talk like you that gives you the right to discriminate against me?

You are really funny, you know... First of all, I'm not even American, I'm Canadian. Second of all, I don't even know what country you live in. I assume the UK now, but before I had no idea.

I think you should be opening a thread about your racist problems that you obviously have.

Racist? I'm certainly not racist. In my book, everyone is equal. I don't know where you get off accusing me of being racist, however.

Drink is the least of your worries when you cant accept people other than your own. Your type make me sick.

I don't drink anymore. And I accept everyone who doesn't engage in harming others. Such as you. I cannot accept you as a moral and ethical being when you physically and psychologically harm your wife and think yourself justified. I am not sorry if this offends you, because it is the simple truth. I do not mean it to offend you, but if it does, so be it.

Why would you think Mr Suspicious has a ghost account? Why do you not accuse Rogue_Believer of the same thing etc etc.

You had the highest post count, and why would an accusation of Rogue_Believer not constitute the same thing?

When this is proved by a moderator to be a false accusation then I expect a full and public apology. This is nothing less than a witch hunt and typical of the people on this 'religious' forum.

Typical of Religious Forums? You've been here for less than a month and you think you can make such an assumption logically? :biglaugh:

I did not accuse you of anything. I stated my opinion, which I can hold without needing to apologize. If I "think" somebody is smart, I'm not accusing them of being smart, I'm of the opinion that they are. I will admit, however, that it would have been more tactful to PM this opinion to a mod, rather than to publicly post it. For this, I am sorry.

This forums agenda is becoming clearer to me and to be honest the current state of this planet is also becoming more understandeable. You fling accusations around like confetti against anyone with a view that does not back up your own.

If you don't like it, leave. I'd prefer you didn't, diversity is the backbone of this site.

Lumping all foreigners together and casting dispertions about their integrity indeed.

I never did this. I never even looked at your location. Frankly, I really couldn't care less. To me, most everyone on this forum is a foreigner, I'm from Canada.
Your 'type' is exactly what is wrong with this planet and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Could you back up your assertion with some form of empirical evidence? I'll admit, I'm not perfect, but I'm sure there are many other things in this world that cause far more damage than I.

It would appear 'we' have been accused of breaking forum rules, with little or no proof.

Again, I did not accuse you, I held an opinion.

As long as the relevant parties are prepared to accept they were incorrect I would hope we will able to continue this discussion and move on.

I am prepared to accept that my opinion may have been correct, and, in the absence of further evidence, am willing to drop it.

Jewscout please could you put Druidus straight on his false claims so we can continue with the topic at hand?

I've seen what I needed to see. They were not claims, however, they were opinions. I stated nothing as fact.

I agree. Setting fire to any private property is wrong, and certainly not funny.

No I dont get it either. American kids have no sence of humour

You seem to be doing the exact same thing you accused me of, lumping people into categories...

Individual cases are not evidence that alcohol is intrinsically always bad for you. Please supply evidence for this assertion.

Could some moderator point out to this man that we are separate people, he is beginning to annoy me.

As usual an American citizen acting with next to no proof.

The fact that I have been active on this forum for only a number of days does not mean I have not being viewing the forum in general.

You are a bounder of the highest order and when you are proved to be wrong I hope you are as loud in your apology as you are in your accusation.

Druidus said:
Individual cases are not evidence that alcohol is intrinsically always bad for you. Please supply evidence for this assertion.

"Too much alcohol puts you at risk of cancer of the mouth, larynx (voice box), oesophagus (foodpipe), liver, breast and maybe bowel. Smoking and drinking together increases your risk even more. Researchers also estimate that alcohol causes 2000 cases of breast cancer in the UK every year."

"
<LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #333399; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, heart failure, stroke, cancer, stomach ulcers, liver cirrhosis, memory loss, obesity, infertility, muscle disease, skin problems, and hangovers <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #333399; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Anxiety and depression <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #333399; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Alcohol is often linked to social problems including arguments and fights with family and friends, problems at work, domestic violence, and other types of crime, including drunk driving <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #333399; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">People are more likely to engage in unprotected sex when drunk, putting themselves at risk of unwanted pregnancy, and sexually transmitted infections <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #333399; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Heavy drinking during pregnancy can cause the baby to be born with a condition known as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome which involves growth deficiencies, central nervous system defects, lowered IQ and facial malformations <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: #333399; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Heavy drinking can cause alcohol dependency or addiction. ""
The short-term effects of drinking include:
  • distorted vision, hearing, and coordination
  • altered perceptions and emotions
  • impaired judgment, which can lead to accidents, drowning, and other risky behaviors like unsafe sex and drug use
  • bad breath
  • hangovers
The long-term effects include:
  • cirrhosis and cancer of the liver
  • loss of appetite
  • serious vitamin deficiencies
  • stomach ailments
  • heart and central nervous system damage
  • memory loss
  • an increased risk of impotence
  • high risk for overdosing"
Given that this simple piece of research asserts my point, there is little mileage in continuing the debate with you specifically as you clearly have blinkered views and will not accept the 'opinion' of another.

Jesus4Ever

Druidus said:
Racist? I'm certainly not racist. In my book, everyone is equal. I don't know where you get off accusing me of being racist, however..

Tell me more about this book. I surprised you have time to write one I thought you would just complain and try and get people kicked off this site because you dont like their views. Just seems strange you are picking on 3 different people from the UK and claiming it not a racist attack. I dont care if you are American or Canadian I treat all people equal. My location yesterday did say England (UK)

Druidus said:
I don't drink anymore. And I accept everyone who doesn't engage in harming others. Such as you. I cannot accept you as a moral and ethical being when you physically and psychologically harm your wife and think yourself justified. I am not sorry if this offends you, because it is the simple truth. I do not mean it to offend you, but if it does, so be it...

The way I treat my wife is between me and her. I will admit I am not pleases with my behaviour at times but if you want to train your pet dog you would give him a smack or pull on his lead so what is the difference hear. I can handle it when she chucks a plate at my head.

Druidus said:
Again, I did not accuse you, I held an opinion....

You held a public opinion like a witch hunt trying to get people kicked off. Surly you could have just reported the people you didn't like to someone instead of doing it this way.

Druidus said:
I agree. Setting fire to any private property is wrong, and certainly not funny.

You seem to be doing the exact same thing you accused me of, lumping people into categories...
I was just stating that American children seem to lack the proper pearenting and are free to run wild, experiment with drink and drugs and this leads to tragic events like this. One of my American relatives has a daughter who is 13 and pregnant with twins due to a drunken night at a school party. That is wrong.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Could some moderator point out to this man that we are separate people, he is beginning to annoy me.

Did you even read my post? Obviously not. If you read it, you would see that I had dropped the opinion.

As usual an American citizen acting with next to no proof.

Nationalistic generalizations? Seems hypocritical to me... Also, I'm not American, I'm Canadian.

To Rogue_Believer:

Note that your evidence relies on the key phrase "too much alcohol". This implies that lower amounts are fine, and non-damaging. Note that my post was asking for evidence that alcohol is *always* intrinsically damaging, not "some-of-the-time".