• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking...

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
rogue_believer said:
Are you takin the ****??? Can you explain what country you live in that tells people that drinking alcohol is good for you, and doesn't have any side effects or maybe effect someones organs and health.

If you need me to produce documented proof as such you seriously need to go to school or see a doctor as you are not living in any reality I am aware of.

Truthfully though, who drinks without KNOWING that there are side effects?

Granted, there are those who abuse. There are also those who do not.

What of the individual who partakes in the recommended "dosage" of red wine for their heart?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Mr Suspicious said:
Assumptions, what's wrong with them?

I presume you are a man of blind faith, that's a bucket load of assuming in anyones book.
As with most assumptions and presumptions that I have seen, that would be wrong and that is what is wrong with them. Many people try to pull truth out of their butts and wonder why others think that their theories stink. :D

As I see it, the OP asked for what we believed and the reasons why. For me, the scriptures and the man Jesus provide those reasons. However, many of the statements against alcohol seem to be based on mere assumptions.

Alcohol has yet to be proven to be inherently "bad". To date, there has been a dearth of evidence presented in this thread to indicate that this is so. Presenting this evidence would further our discussion on the matter.

rogue_believer said:
Not scared of what drinking will do to me, its the greater human population I am more concerned about. I don't want to be shot by a drunkard with a 12 bore, or mown down by a drink driver, or have a friend beaten her drink fueled abusive husband.

You do not care about anyone but your puritan self. If you want to crawl on your belly through life instead of being a real man not afraid to partake in Gods Nectar then SO BE IT!

If you try to deny me my booze then that's the time I may see you in my headlights.

Got it?

Scuba Pete

rogue_believer said:
I don't want to be shot by a drunkard with a 12 bore, or mown down by a drink driver, or have a friend beaten her drink fueled abusive husband.
Clearly then, it would be far better to be shot by a sober individual, mown down by a driver on a cell phone and abused by anyone who has not had alcohol. People will use ANYTHING as a reason for their actions: it gives them an "out". Instead, we should hold them responsible for their actions while impaired.

Mr Suspicious said:
You do not care about anyone but your puritan self. If you want to crawl on your belly through life instead of being a real man not afraid to partake in Gods Nectar then SO BE IT!

If you try to deny me my booze then that's the time I may see you in my headlights.

Got it?

Seems to me you are proving my case in point, as it appears you have had afew glasses of this so called lager - and just look what it has done to you.

NetDoc said:
Clearly then, it would be far better to be shot by a sober individual, mown down by a driver on a cell phone and abused by anyone who has not had alcohol. People will use ANYTHING as a reason for their actions: it gives them an "out". Instead, we should hold them responsible for their actions while impaired.

Did I state that fact??? I was merely pointing out that alcohol plays nasty role in many situations. People do get killed, attacked by sober people I don't deny that fact.

rogue_believer said:
Seems to me you are proving my case in point, as it appears you have had afew glasses of this so called lager - and just look what it has done to you.

I refute that remark, I may have had a few shandies and a little sherbert today but spring is in the air and I am treating myself.

There is no way alcohol makes me more aggressive, I was aggressive as a child and I am no worse now than I was then.

SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, but I suspect that is another thread.

Mr Suspicious said:
I refute that remark, I may have had a few shandies and a little sherbert today but spring is in the air and I am treating myself.

There is no way alcohol makes me more aggressive, I was aggressive as a child and I am no worse now than I was then.

SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, but I suspect that is another thread.

I fear for you, it sounds like you going to become another lost soul destroyed by alcohol.

You clearly have issues that you need to deal with, and maybe this medium isn't the best for your term physical and mental health.

But to try to bring some clarity to this sad moment, I feel this goes some way to justifying my points made earlier in this thread.

I hold down a damn good job I'll have you know. I do not have tender scruples like you regarding the intake of alcohol. I am working right now on something that half of this forum would appreciate.

I am not rolling in a gutter, I actually save that for the weekends and the odd evening.

See you at the gates of heaven my friend as my alcohol intake as previously stated WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE, if God was a boozer then he'll understand where I am coming from. He was only a fisher of men, my job is a lot more stressful, hence I can have more booze.

What say you?

Mr Suspicious said:
I hold down a damn good job I'll have you know. I do not have tender scruples like you regarding the intake of alcohol. I am working right now on something that half of this forum would appreciate.

I am not rolling in a gutter, I actually save that for the weekends and the odd evening.

See you at the gates of heaven my friend as my alcohol intake as previously stated WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE, if God was a boozer then he'll understand where I am coming from. He was only a fisher of men, my job is a lot more stressful, hence I can have more booze.

What say you?

I say you need to reduce your levels of drink. Stress and alcoholism is not a good combination anf you could be seriously in danger.

I don't think that drinking through yr stress will help, seek other help.
http://www.e-aa.org/html/help.html

Scuba Pete

You do realise that far more people die from from dihydrosoxide than by alcohol many times over. It's many symptoms can be anything from bloating, or hypothermia and goes all the way to physicaal death. It is used extensively for mere recreation as well as being employed by mystical religions in their ceremonies. Obviously, such a deadly substance should be a far greater cause for alarm.

rogue_believer said:
I say you need to reduce your levels of drink. Stress and alcoholism is not a good combination anf you could be seriously in danger.

I don't think that drinking through yr stress will help, seek other help.
http://www.e-aa.org/html/help.html

You know what you can do with your link you patronising swine. I have just punched my monitor now and the boss has called me into his office.

If I get into any trouble over this I will blame YOU!

Just as well I am damn good at what I do.

Mr Suspicious said:
You know what you can do with your link you patronising swine. I have just punched my monitor now and the boss has called me into his office.

If I get into any trouble over this I will blame YOU!

Just as well I am damn good at what I do.

alcohol leads to anger . .

You are sadly proving my points to be valid.

NetDocYou do realise that far more people die from from dihydrosoxide than by alcohol many times over. It's many symptoms can be anything from bloating, or hypothermia and goes all the way to physicaal death. It is used extensively for mere recreation as well as being employed by mystical religions in their ceremonies. Obviously, such a deadly substance should be a far greater cause for alarm.
I don't doubt there are problems from other substances aswell as alcohol, but alcohols eems to be a very popular drug that effects nearly every person

Scuba Pete

So rogue_believer,

will you sign my petition to outlaw it? I'll send it right over!

PS... I have loads of real proof and studies on this. You should look into it!

NetDoc said:
So rogue_believer,

will you sign my petition to outlaw it? I'll send it right over!

PS... I have loads of real proof and studies on this. You should look into it!

Send me the details. Anything that rids this world of poisons that destroy the lives of poeple I will support.

Scuba Pete

Great!

Very few people are willing to join me in my quest to have dihydrosoxide (aka water) outlawed! :D I guess it all depends on how you villify something, whether it is considered a "poison" or not.

It's also far easier to blame shift as well. Some want to blame alcohol for all that is wrong in much the same way YOU were blamed for an angry outburst. It's about time that ALL OF US took responsibility for our OWN ACTIONS. I guess we learn early when we first blame the dog for eating our homework.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
rogue_believer said:
Thank you, another person with something between their ears other than an alcohol abused brain.

It seems somewhat tactless to me to impute an alchohol abused brain to anyone who disagrees with me. That's your view, not mine.

The correlation between alchohol and family violence is a correlation between the abuse of alcholol and family violence, not between the mere use of alchohol and family violence.

In small quantities, alchohol is naturally produced in the human body. There are neuro-receptors specifically for it. It is not, therefore, a drug that is naturally incompatible with us.