• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking...

Jesus4Ever

Sunstone said:
It seems somewhat tactless to me to impute an alchohol abused brain to anyone who disagrees with me. That's your view, not mine.

The correlation between alchohol and family violence is a correlation between the abuse of alcholol and family violence, not between the mere use of alchohol and family violence.

In small quantities, alchohol is naturally produced in the human body. There are neuro-receptors specifically for it. It is not, therefore, a drug that is naturally incompatible with us.

How can you like alchohol to family violence. I love my wife but sometimes she steps out of line and a slap is the only way to sort her out. I dont need a drink to do that. After I have had a drink I find I love my family more and often cry looking at photo's of them while out drinking.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Jesus4Ever said:
I love my wife but sometimes she steps out of line and a slap is the only way to sort her out.

She must be a very good woman to need only a slap or two to sort her out. In my experience, most women need far more than a slap.
Usually, I find myself resorting to running them over with the family car, preferably with the kids inside (adds weight). My therapist said I lack social skills because I resort to violence to solve the problem of my wife stepping out of line. So I ran my therapist over with the family car with my wife inside (added weight). I cannot understand these modern thinkers who believe that real men like me and you should not take physical advantage of those who depend on us. If God had not intended us to slap around women (and children) he would not have made us stronger than them, right?

A

angellous_evangellous

Mr Suspicious said:
He was only a fisher of men, my job is a lot more stressful, hence I can have more booze.

I was actually shocked to find out in seminary that they don't encourage pastors to drink. I keep a bottle of Jack in my desk, and he's gotten me through several tough days at the office.

Jesus4Ever

Sunstone said:
She must be a very good woman to need only a slap or two to sort her out. In my experience, most women need far more than a slap.
Usually, I find myself resorting to running them over with the family car, preferably with the kids inside (adds weight). My therapist said I lack social skills because I resort to violence to solve the problem of my wife stepping out of line. So I ran my therapist over with the family car with my wife inside (added weight). I cannot understand these modern thinkers who believe that real men like me and you should not take physical advantage of those who depend on us. If God had not intended us to slap around women (and children) he would not have made us stronger than them, right?
Too right God did make us stronger but using a weapon to attack your wife and children is wrong. If your a real man you would use your hands to sort out your problems. Why would you want to risk damaging your car over something a black eye would sort out. Have you not seen the prices to get your car fixed?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Jesus4Ever said:
Too right God did make us stronger but using a weapon to attack your wife and children is wrong. If your a real man you would use your hands to sort out your problems. Why would you want to risk damaging your car over something a black eye would sort out. Have you not seen the prices to get your car fixed?

I usually make my wife get a job to pay the price of fixing the car after I've run her over. Doing so not only keeps the family budget on track for getting that boat I've always wanted, but also teaches her a valuable lesson in taking responsibility for having been run over.

A

angellous_evangellous

Sunstone said:

Jesus4Ever said:
Sunstone said:
I usually make my wife get a job to pay the price of fixing the car after I've run her over. Doing so not only keeps the family budget on track for getting that boat I've always wanted, but also teaches her a valuable lesson in taking responsibility for having been run over.

I do have a sense of humor, but joking about violence against women just isn't funny, and IMO, similar to joking about the Halocaust. Millions of women around the world suffer at the hands of male relatives and their husbands. Their suffering is real, terrible, and contemporary.

I imagine more than half the women reading this thread half been abused by men in their lifetime.

Jesus4Ever

Sunstone said:
And this woman still finds time to give you head? I find that my wife struggles with all her house jobs so I have to find time with other women after work. This is why alcohol is good as it gives me confidence to talk to other women in bars and bring them home to do them. A big bottle of Gin by the bed also helps the wife forget what she has seen and sometimes after a whole bottle she will either please herslf with it or join in.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
angellous_evangellous said:
I do have a sense of humor, but joking about violence against women just isn't funny, and IMO, similar to joking about the Halocaust. Millions of women around the world suffer at the hands of male relatives and their husbands. Their suffering is real, terrible, and contemporary.

I imagine more than half the women reading this thread half been abused by men in their lifetime.

My apologies, Angellous, if I've offended you. You are of course right: the violence against women is pandemic and not a joking matter.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Ðanisty said:
I like Jagermeister too, Shadow Wolf. Everyone says it tastes aweful, but I love the flavor. It just gives me heartburn and that's why I don't frequently drink it.

Love that stuff.

Druidus said:
First of all, do you drink alcoholic beverages?
Yes

I drink because when I am out, I would like something different besides water. I am not a soda person.

What do you drink, brand wise and type wise?
I used to drink vodka straight. I am not into too much mixed drinks. I love shots. I am not a heavy drinker. I only drink when I am out ones in a blue moon to a social gathering. If I go hang out with my friends, they drink beer. I don't care for beer. It would take me an hour to drink just one can. But ones I get going and finally think the beer is starting to taste good, then I will drink more. My brain tells my tounge I have no taste buds after 1 beer :biglaugh: .
I have Jagermeister and Saki in our fridge. We also have wine, but I hate wine. It's in their for when we have visitors. Oh...and Budweisser.

I am more of a hard liquor kind of person.

What benefits are there to drinking?
Releases stress. Calms me down. It's like a brain freeze but without the pain.

I read this and was like :areyoucra ;

The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) has completed an extensive review of current scientific knowledge about the health effects of moderate alcohol consumption. It found that the lowest death rate from all causes occurs at the level of one to two drinks per day. That is, moderate drinkers have the greatest longevity.
The NIAAA’s conclusion that moderate drinking is beneficial to heart health will be included in the next revision of the dietary guidelines to be issued by the government.
Drinking alcohol may slightly increase the risk of breast cancer. However, Dr. Lorraine Gunzerath of NIAAA emphasizes that women should weigh the small increase in breast cancer risk (one percentage point) against the sharp decrease in heart disease risk (40%) resulting from moderate drinking. Also important is the fact that about 4% of American women die of breast cancer while about 50% die of heart disease.
The scientific medical research did not find that moderate drinking leads to weight gain or to obesity, although alcohol contains calories.

What negatives are there?
Depends on how the person handles alcohol. They could be violent when under the influence of alcohol. They could be dumb founded and not know who the heck they are or where they are. Ignorant and get behind the wheel because the alcohol has not only caused brain freeze (without the pain), but has caused the brain to malfunction like a virus in the computer.

dawny0826 said:
Say what??

Steady, I just said it was another matter. I am not against it, as long as it 'Sends them the right way' so to speak' I am cool with it.

When it make a woman vicious it's a problem, if a guy gets lively you just knock him out, when a woman gets nasty chilling her out gets a little awkward.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Druidus said:
I have two points, at least, to debate in this thread. First of all, do you drink alcoholic beverages? Why? What do you drink, brand wise and type wise? Why? What benefits are there to drinking? What negatives are there?

Secondly why are certain alcohols considered more intellectual? Aren't all alcohols the same drug? Why is wine considered more intellectual than beer? Even hard alcohol drinks are considered more intellectual than beers, or, at least, that's the impression I get.

i used to drink alot more than i do now.

these days i'll occasionally have a lager or a shot of single malt scotch and of course a glass of good wine for Kiddush
as far as effects, drinking in moderation really doesn't have a whole lot of harm but it's when we lose control of it that it will become destructive to all of those around you and yourself.

but that's just my personal opinion.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
rogue_believer said:
alcohol leads to anger . .
And some people get very affectionate when they're drunk, and some sit in the corner and giggle like schoolgirls. My mother plays a particularly deadly game of chess. Alcohol leads to as many different reactions as there are people.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Jesus4Ever said:
How can you like alchohol to family violence. I love my wife but sometimes she steps out of line and a slap is the only way to sort her out. I dont need a drink to do that. After I have had a drink I find I love my family more and often cry looking at photo's of them while out drinking.
I know this is none of my business but what makes you believe you have the right to lay your hands on anyone to sort them out??? :tsk:

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
PFM, I think that three of the posters in this thread (guess which) are nothing more than the same person masquerading as several.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Druidus said:
PFM, I think that three of the posters in this thread (guess which) are nothing more than the same person masquerading as several.

That's what I was going to say, but you beat me to the punch. I think Mr. Suspioucus maybe playing a numerous amount of people here.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I think Mr. Suspicious has at leat two ghost accounts: Jesus4Ever and Rogue_believer. However, I am not sure this can be proved. Could a mod check the ip addresses?