• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreams

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Two nights ago, as in the night before last night... I had a dream that I was Toki, and my sister was Skwisgaar, (from metalocalypse if you don't already know.) :D And we still knew that we were sisters, only she was Skwisgaar, and I was Toki. and she or he?? since she was Skwisgaar... took the key to our house, which could somehow lock us in from the inside, and she wouldn't let me leave... but she kept giving me clues as to where the key was. I was getting kind of frustrated though, and I decided that if I didn't find the key soon, I'd have to tackle her(Skwisgaar) But then I woke up... It was very weird.

I've had dreams where I'm a different person before too though. I was Lara Croft once, and I think I might have dreamed that I was Pippin, the hobbit, but I'm not sure. Oh! I once had a dream that I was LuLu from Final Fantasy X. That one was weird, because I don't really even like her very much.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Here's my next dream:

In my dream, my sister and I each had a class at 7:00pm, and it was 6:50 and we were waiting in line at a restaurant. By the time we got up there, to the counter, we noticed that it was actually a movie theater, and though we had already seen The Dark Knight, the other two options weren't anything we wanted to see, so we decided to see The Dark Knight again. My sister wanted to get tickets for 7:00, but I reminded her that we had class, so we got tickets for 8:00, and then I woke up.

My dreams are very boring.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Here's my next dream:

In my dream, my sister and I each had a class at 7:00pm, and it was 6:50 and we were waiting in line at a restaurant. By the time we got up there, to the counter, we noticed that it was actually a movie theater, and though we had already seen The Dark Knight, the other two options weren't anything we wanted to see, so we decided to see The Dark Knight again. My sister wanted to get tickets for 7:00, but I reminded her that we had class, so we got tickets for 8:00, and then I woke up.

My dreams are very boring.

I don't think that's boring. That's really very interesting to me. The fact that you thought you were waiting in line at a restaurant then it turned out (or into) a movie theatre...bizarre. And also, how you had a class at 7 but were nowhere near class at 6:50. I've had dreams like that...where I'm supposed to be somewhere in like 5 or 10 minutes but I'm either all the way across town or in a different state.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
:D It's also funny because I've never had a class that late. The latest I've ever had a class was one that was 4:30-5:45pm. So having one at 7:00pm is very unrealistic for me.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think I want to go to the movies, because I keep having dreams about going there. Here's the dream I had last night:

My sister and I were at the movies on free popcorn tuesday, and I ordered a drink, and then I forgot about it and ordered another one, and then another one... so I had three drinks.

That was the extent of the dream.

Napoleon

But lucid dreaming is my favorite. It's such a treat when it happens and I'm trying to harness the ability to make it easier for it to occur as opposed to just waiting for it to happen.

I used to sleepwalk often and have night terrors (note that they are different than nightmares) all the time when I was a kid but now I rarely ever even have nightmares and I don't sleepwalk. I dream every night, which I'm told is odd, and all of my dreams are lucid, which I'm also told is odd. Funny thing is that I shift perspective in my dreams. Sometimes I'm viewing things as I normally do but other times it's like I'm floating above or around my "dream body". Sometimes the lucidity is irritating... occasionaIly I actually feel bored but can't wake up. I usually feel things that happen to me in my dreams. A lot of my dreams involve disasters..some natural..some otherwise.

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
So I just woke up from one CRAZY dream..it played out like a movie but I'm realy impressed with how my brain set the movie up.

It was one of those things where you showed the first 5 minutes, then cut to the story to develop it, then the end of the developing story leads up to the first part of the movie you showed. Does that make sense? :p

The beginning was 2 young guys talking on a dock (which was combined with the front of a high school?) One gets in the car and leaves and the other one is..not forcefully but against his will..taken onto a small boat by these two other young guys. One of the bad guys holds a gun up to the guy they just took hostage--to which he says something like "You don't have to do this..."

Then the "movie" cuts to the beginning of it all.......that part lasted a longggggg time to me. It involved a whole mess of things. But the only thing that pertains to how the story ended was that my cousin was visiting with her husband. At one point he lends his shirt--which was a radio station's shirt but it looked like a mechanic's shirt--to one of my guy friends. Towards the end of the movie you find out that guy friend is murdered. Everyone freaks out and cries and a little later it cuts to two of his friends talking on the dock. One leaves and, with how the camera angle is on the guy left standing there, you can tell it's supposed to be someone spying on him.
The screen then turns black and it has the question...(can't remember the exact wording)
"Have you ever had to go along with something you didn't want to, something you were forced in to?"
Then it cuts back to the guy with the gun against the other guy. The guy says "You don't have to do this" again but as we find out now, that guy doesn't get killed...he is forced to shoot someone dead...only he doesn't know it's his buddy...

Wow I am so twisted :( But maybe it would make fer a good movie!? :D

By the way...the ending has it so you hear scratchy radio frequencies and multiple radio stations going in and out then it zooms it on a spot on the beach and you see that is where the guy is buried...and the radio noises are because he was wearing a radio station's t-shirt.............ha?! :p

Oh yeah and it had a soundtrack and eveything! Not just music but effects too...wee! It woulda been fun if it wasn't so scurry :(

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I like this thread, so I'm reviving it.

Here are the two dreams I had last night:

1. My first dream was that a scary bug flew at me, and I didn't know where it was at first... but it was on me!! So I knocked it off of me and stepped on it. And then there was a second big scary bug, and I stepped on it too.
**I believe this dream was brought on by a very scary incident I had last night, with a big scary bug. My little sister saw a big scary bug in our house, and it had a stinger, and jumped a lot... I was so scared... but I took care of it, and put it outside. It was a very scary experience. I don't usually step on bugs though... so I don't know why that happened in the dream.

2. My second dream was that I was walking in my yard and found a little area where I was going to harvest some plants. I found a pea plant, and was going to harvest the peas, but then I saw a jingle bell plant. And the jingle bell plant grew huge green jingle bells, with little things on top that you could string string through to wear the bells as a necklace.
**I think this dream was brought on by me playing The Sims 2: Castaway, in which you can harvest things on the island. Things like food and bamboo and stuff... Not jingle bells... I don't know what that was all about...

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Indeed. My dreams have been very odd lately.

Lots of times I have really realistic dreams, like that time I had a dream that I was restocking BBQ sauces at work... but as of late, they don't really make very much sense...

Luminous

non-existential luminary
i once had a prophetic dream of the endtimes. no specific date but i was a part of the judgement.
It began in what looked like a foggy saturday twilight. i was outside in the side of my house (i think i was going to do some work) then the sky blacked and out of curiousity for such an uncommon occurence i looked up. Above was a great black cloud that seamed to radiate its own darkeness while the morning sun was no more.it wasn't completely black but the place became darker then the normal twilight. The cloud Itself was in the shape of a kid drawn common crow, and from its center sprang out thousands of winged creatures into the earth. Then all became anarchy. One could hear the people from the inner city scream in horror and my family fled into the house to prepare. i was still outside and my father came and handed me a bible and seemed greatly destressed. then a harpie came to our dweling and inspected the 'saved'. when it came to me it asked me where the sign was and i asked, "what sign" . it replied: "holy water on your nose, come now i don't have all day, i have other appointments." i was stunned, holy water is forbiden by the evangelical church my family attends. however the rest of my family had the water clear on the tip of their nose. i began to ask my self if i should go inside and put the water on my nose (my family seemed deeply sad) then the harpie said: "too late" and it flew away.

Had another weird lucid dream last night

first it was black then a dagger came out of nowhere it had a round bottem, tiny diamonds in the handle and the blade was made of a lightblue crystal substance
the dagger then started spinning horizontaly and vertical first slowy then faster and faster untill i could barely see the blade
then out of nowhere a tentacle shot out towards the dagger but when it got closed it got diced.

For some reason this made me wanna try it myself while i was getting closer to the dagger i started to see much more around the dagger, it was floating on a pedestal wich was also realy detailed
when i grabed at the dagger i didn't get diced but the dagger stoped spinning and i was able to grab it.
the minute i got it a creature appeared and tryed to take the dagger, i resisted and cut open what looked like its chest, then white light came from its chest and he was gone

Another creature appeared a little further back but when i raised my dagger white transparant lions came out and charged the creature and started biting it

don't remember what happened after that

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Can anyone decipher any part of my friend's dream? She said this is the first dream she has had in a long time (well that she remembered)...here is the text she sent me:

"in the dream i had last night you had a mini pet peacock and it was so cute. you were living in the uk and i was visiting. for some reason you were tearing the little tail feathers out repeatedly."

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
ok people, have fun with this one:

I’m standing on a beach. It’s dusk, getting darker. Only a small amount of sun peeking through the dark night clouds. I hear sound of waves, only dimly aware of my surroundings. I feel anxious, nervous, but not quite fearful. Anticipation. I’m running along the beach, probably heading south as the sunset is on my right. I’m vaguely aware of a small wooden structure, possibly a life saver’s hut, on poles, holding it above the sand. Someone calls out to me – I do not recognize the voice, and am barely able to make out the shadow of their form standing in the structure. This person throws something, or releases something towards me. It glows a slight golden/white light. It stops and floats near me. I’m not sure if I’m running or not at this point, I may have stopped. “What are you?” I ask. “Tinkerbell” is the reply. “You mean the Peter Pan, never-land kind of tinkerbell?” “Yes” is the reply. Then I say something again to the effect of “wonderful, let’s fly” [FONT=&quot]or “dust me”. [/FONT]. And I begin to fly. I begin by floating up, and then with only my will I can move forward at tremendous pace. It’s a little uncontrolled… wobbly… Like riding a bike for the first time, only just managing to keep control. But it’s playful and free. I fly around objects, almost hitting them as I fumble past. Actually, it’s a bit like Hancock’s style of flight. Almost the exact same, really.

Then the dream changes. Or I get a new one, it’s difficult to tell. One blurs into the other, no real transition. I’m in a car park in a city, at night. Lighting is dim. I see no cars, only the white lines on the black tarseal, broken up by trees in small planter boxes. I see people coming from the buildings. They walk slowly… ambling. Are they wearing clothing? I don’t actually recall. Perhaps some were topless. It’s a bizarre feel. I’m curious and intrigued, but wary. These people don’t really seem to have much will-force. They get nearer, and I try to find tinkerbell. I don’t know if Tinkerbell was there or not, but I think she may have been, just out of sight, darting around me, vanishing from my field of view when I turn my head. Whether she’s there or not, I fly up and hover a few metres above the ground to watch these people. From my vantage point I can observe these people, trying to work out who or what they are. They seem almost zombie-like. Some start kissing passionately, and these kisses turn into a devouring. Like they consume each other… eating each other. It’s strange, but I’m not afraid of them. I come down to the ground (willingly or not, I don’t recall). One female looks up at me, a limb dangling from her mouth. Interestingly I don’t remember any blood being present. A few come towards me, I feel anxious again. And then I wake up. I remember feeling very heavy indeed – almost like I need a few moments to become accustomed to the physical realm once again. I feel like I’ve just *crashed* back into my body at a tremendous speed. I later fall back to sleep, but upon waking the dream remains as vivid as it was at first.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Can anyone decipher any part of my friend's dream? She said this is the first dream she has had in a long time (well that she remembered)...here is the text she sent me:

"in the dream i had last night you had a mini pet peacock and it was so cute. you were living in the uk and i was visiting. for some reason you were tearing the little tail feathers out repeatedly."
Interpreting Dreams: How to Interpret Your Dreams | Quamut: the go to how to
animals can symbolize many things; most likely symbolize beasts, the inner wildness of the dreamer

Dream Interpretation Birds It is a favorable dream to see birds of beautiful plumage. A wealthy and happy partner is near if a woman has dreams of this nature.
Moulting and songless birds, could denote merciless and inhuman treatment of the outcast and fallen by people of wealth.
To see a wounded bird, is fateful of deep sadness caused by erring offspring.

If you visit in your dreams, you will shortly have some pleasant occasion in your life.
If your visit is unpleasant, your enjoyment will be marred by the action of malicious persons.

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Stacey - remember that this dream is nothing to do with your waking relationship with your friend. It's what you represent in the dream world to her. Often, other people in your dream represent something from yourself.

"The best mirror is a good friend".

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Thank you, Luminous!! :D

Stacey - remember that this dream is nothing to do with your waking relationship with your friend. It's what you represent in the dream world to her. Often, other people in your dream represent something from yourself.

"The best mirror is a good friend".

True. And also...interpreting dreams just from books or websites is hard because they probably don't take into account that it wasn't her bird...it was my bird. And the fact that she was visiting me...who was living in a country I currently don't live in, nor really plan to. So....little stuff like that.

But it was good to get a feel for what it might have "meant." I still don't know if dreams really mean anything.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Here's my two most recent dreams. Listen up, because they are pretty great:

Dream #1:

In this dream, I was at a gas station, buying a slushie, and there was a big fish tank there, and little mermaids in it. They were swimming around and then one of them died, and another one of them acted concerned, so I told whomever I was with "Wow. They are not like fish. They are like humans. They worry about each other." And then, a little flying spaghetti monster came and took away the dead mermaid. I'm not even kidding. I really did dream that.

Dream #2:
This one was scary. Have any of you read the children's book Coraline? Well, in this dream, my little sister and I were Coraline. First we were building a house like on The Sims, only we were in the house. Then I saw my mom sewing buttons onto my dad's eyes, and my mom already had buttons on her eyes. If you've read Coraline this might make more sense. And so then my dad chased my younger sister and me all over the place outside, so he could sew buttons on our eyes. It was really scary. I still have dreams with my dad in them even though he's dead. I forgot that he was dead even after I woke up when I was telling my little sister about how she was in my dream. Then I remembered.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I really wish I had written this down. I swore I wouldn't forget it because it was so bizzare but I kind of did forget it.

My dream was set in a mix of my work and the showers at the gym (the 2 places I'm at the most hehehe) Someone there was evil and was trying to take control. My mind left the place and I saw it go underwater...but the water was like the consistency of jell-o. A snake took it down there and a bird dug it out. I "left" my work/gym and appeared at the place in the water where it was. I was then hanging onto the bird's chest feathers while it flew my mind and me back to where everyone else was. I was relieved to have my mind back. Suddenly I was back at work/gym and this evil person had brainwashed everyone while I was gone. He said I had to touch this magical stone fixture thing. Before my mind was taken away, everyone was like "No we CANNOT touch it" because doing so would relinquish power to this evil person. So I was really freaked when I got back and everyone was like "Yes, Stacey, you must touch it." (that's what she said) I looked at the evil person and at the people around me...who were co-workers and friends...and it was clear they were under his influence. I told him NO, NO, NO, NO. Because I was the only sane one left, if I had touched the stone thing, we would all be screwed.

This setting fluctuated between this "scene" happening and another "scene" of me going about my usual work day but my store looked bigger and less familiar...more like a Home Depot. Also there were parts where I was outside of my gym...and on the inside...but the gym was not my gym I usually go to. There were also parts in there where I was in a smoky apartment with some of my family (who live in Colorado). We were all just talking and smoking and hanging out having fun. Another part was my dad and me going into a grocery store/flower shop/take-out place and getting food. Cept we didn't get food.

What the HELL was this all about!?!