• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreams

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I don't know if a thread about dreams has been started yet.

I know dreams are, understood by some people, meant to be the sorting out of what has consciously happened to us. But sometimes a dream can be so eerily ironic or bizarre in how it connects things that it just seems impossible that a dream is just "sorting things out." Do they have a deeper meaning? Why or why not? Do dreams tap into the part of our brains that we have not navigated or mastered yet? Could that be why they are so astounding sometimes?

I don't remember mine often, but when I do they are always vivid and incredibly intense.

A few times I've had repetitive dreams. And there is one dream I had in 2nd grade that I still remember to this day. It was the first truly bizarre dream I'd had and remembered.

But lucid dreaming is my favorite. It's such a treat when it happens and I'm trying to harness the ability to make it easier for it to occur as opposed to just waiting for it to happen.

I thought I would start a thread where we could all post our dreams, whether you just woke up and you write it down here as a post or if it's one that has just stuck in your head. And then maybe we could just ponder what they could be about?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
About 40% of my dreams, I think are real. I had a dream that I had a cardboard box, and I was looking for it today, but then I thought... that was a dream...

I have a lot of really realistic dreams... like back when i worked at KFC and A&W, I had a dream, and the whole dream was that I was restocking BBQ sauces. That job ate away at my sanity.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Both have you have touched on some other points I've thought about,too.

Why do we forget our dreams so easily and so quickly, even if they were distinct and intense?

Also, when dreams mix with reality. Sometimes you can't remember if something happened for real or in a dream. Like if someone asked you a question or passed you in the hallway at school or work in a dream or in real life? Why does that happen? (This happens with me a lot, especially since I have horrible short term memory).

I realize no one probably actually knows, just throwing the question out there for pondering!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I also have dreams where I die... all the time. When I was little; I had to be younger than 7, because my grandpa was still alive, I had a dream that I drowned in my grandpa's pond. In my dream, he and my dad just ran around the edges of the pond, like they didn't know what to do, but neither of them made any attempt to save me. So I died.

In another dream, I was driving my car, and I went too fast and crashed, and I knew that I was going to die, so I felt so sad, because I thought my mom would be sad that I was dead.\\

Here's another dream I had when I was probably 7. It was after my grandpa died. I had a dream that we were playing football with him. (my older sister and I were) but he had 4 arms... it was weird.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I also have dreams where I die... all the time. When I was little; I had to be younger than 7, because my grandpa was still alive, I had a dream that I drowned in my grandpa's pond. In my dream, he and my dad just ran around the edges of the pond, like they didn't know what to do, but neither of them made any attempt to save me. So I died.

In another dream, I was driving my car, and I went too fast and crashed, and I knew that I was going to die, so I felt so sad, because I thought my mom would be sad that I was dead.\\

Here's another dream I had when I was probably 7. It was after my grandpa died. I had a dream that we were playing football with him. (my older sister and I were) but he had 4 arms... it was weird.

That's really interesting because I've heard some people swear up and down you can't die in dreams because then you would actually die. :rolleyes: I don't believe that's true (and obviously it isn't because you're here!) but I myself haven't had any dreams where I've actually died. I've come really close, though. My dream always switches or I wake up at that point.

One scary thing that has happened to me a few times...I know sleep apnea is real condition where people just stop breathing in their sleep. This happens to me only very occasionally but when it does, it always plays into my dream. It happened a few nights ago but I don't remember how in that dream. One I do remember was my seatbelt being too tight. The really scary part is that it's like I'll realize I NEED to take a breath but the circumstances in my dream won't let me. Last time it happened I realized I was dreaming and I told myself "Stacey, you need to TAKE A BREATH." And I just couldn't do it... Finally, when it felt like it was the last second, I woke up with a huge gasp of air. :(

I should probably get that checked out. ;)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Yeah... you might want to.

I once had a dream that someone was choking me. I had fallen asleep while laying on my bedroom floor, and I woke up kind of like how you did, gasping for air... It was weird.

Jeremy Mason

For six months I had a dream about scary waves and then the tsunami hit. After that no more dreams about scary waves.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
I remember back in my school days, I'd sometimes wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm went off, so I'd go back to sleep. Then I'd have a dream that I'd actually got up, washed my face, had breakfast etc. Then my alarm would go off and I'd think, "Ah damn it! I thought I'd done this already!"

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I remember back in my school days, I'd sometimes wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm went off, so I'd go back to sleep. Then I'd have a dream that I'd actually got up, washed my face, had breakfast etc. Then my alarm would go off and I'd think, "Ah damn it! I thought I'd done this already!"

Haha, that's hilarious. I've done that!! It's so disappointing when you wake up for real...because you thought you were well on your way...then nope!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Has anyone ever woken up with a song in their head?

It's happened only a handful of times with me but I'll wake up singing a song in my head, sometimes even a really obscure song, and I'll turn on the radio and that song is playing!! Talk about creeeeeeepy.

SpiritualBeing

This is very interesting.

I had a dream a few years ago, and it was about the death of my Nana Cameron. After this dream, I was a bit worried, as everyone seemed to be acting different. When I told my gran about this dream, I then found out that my Nana Cameron had passed away a week later in her sleep.

In this case, my dream had prepared me for the passing of my Nana. Basically what I'm saying is this, your dreams can be to protect you, or prepare you. To warn you, or to take care of you. Dreams are sent to help us out, for we may be able to think about things sub-conciously that we wouldn't be able to fully conciously.

Just think about it, and trust your instincts.

CB :cross:

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Has anyone ever woken up with a song in their head?

It's happened only a handful of times with me but I'll wake up singing a song in my head, sometimes even a really obscure song, and I'll turn on the radio and that song is playing!! Talk about creeeeeeepy.

I often get a tune in my head while I'm trying to sleep. I find that when I'm drifting off, I can make up really good music in my mind, but I don't know how to put it onto paper.

Lucid dreaming is very cool. I made a thread on it a while back... I'll try and dig it up, people gave advice on how to achieve it.

Here it is:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-discussion/69889-man-should-not-so-embarassed-his.html

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I had a dream probably 2 months ago......

It struck me with how STRANGE it was. Felt strange, looked strange. I wasn't lucid but it was incredible how much I felt during this dream. I could not only feel my emotions but the emotions and thoughts of others.

I was in this huge inside apartment complex. On the outside it looked like a London townhouse or something. I knew I had a goal when I was inside, I had to find the "crimnth." That was the exact word. I asked people where it was but I never saw in spelled out in my dream. But I knew how to spell it when I woke up. Since then I've googled "crimnth" twice. The first time absolutely nothing came up...the second time, one result shows. (And it was on some database forum?)

Anyways, I was wandering around inside this huge complex for my entire dream. I was looking for my roommates I had lived with (in real life, in Richmond, and I had just moved out so that's probably why I was looking for them). This apartment complex was for the living and the dead, too, though. The whole building felt very peculiar...in a slightly uncomfortable way, but I still managed to walk through it. The walls and rooms kept changing position and size, though, which made it hard to navigate and remember where I had come from. And the look of everything was like something you'd see in a Tim Burton film.

I kept asking people where the "crimnth" was. No one answered but I heard their thoughts, they were saying "No." I also felt what they felt..the same weirdness and ambiguity I did. The elevators were weird and would never take me to the floor I wanted to go to, or the floor would just morph into something else. Very frustrating and creepy. I also had the feeling that not everyone I was asking was alive. Like I said, this building was for the living and the dead.

At one point I made it to the basement. It was like a suite, but all it was was a HUGE layout of just toilets, showers and jacuzzis. Like there was no real floor, all these toilets, showers and jacuzzis just flowed into each other, the whole room lit up by candles. And this room was massive...probably never-ending. So I just crawled over them to a point, then just stopped and turned around and appeared back upstairs.

A whole bunch of other crap happened that I remember but don't wanna go into. At the end there was this grand staircase and all these people walking up and down it, going in and out of this huge auditorium. I think someone was speaking there. I went in. Then I remember I walked back out, back into a hallway with more people and elevators. Still 100% confused as hell. Then I woke up.

Last edited:

had a lucid dream where i was in a copper spaceshuttle with 2 other people 1 woman and 1 something (undefinable)
i was looking out of a round window and saw space but not just stars i saw milkyways black holes and something that looked like the northeren light
then the stars sudenly turned into ninjastars and started coming towards the shuttle i was dodging the ninjastars somehow while i saw the awsom sights of the universum then we got hit
and crashlanded on a planet wich looked like some kind of spore world and then the natives came running and screaming at me and my crew and i woke up
but it was so lucid i could see the rust on the nails that held the windows in place

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
had a lucid dream where i was in a copper spaceshuttle with 2 other people 1 woman and 1 something (undefinable)
i was looking out of a round window and saw space but not just stars i saw milkyways black holes and something that looked like the northeren light

I would give up cheese for..a month if I could have a lucid dream like that. Oh my gosh, how lucky!!!

then the stars sudenly turned into ninjastars and started coming towards the shuttle i was dodging the ninjastars somehow while i saw the awsom sights of the universum then we got hit
and crashlanded on a planet wich looked like some kind of spore world and then the natives came running and screaming at me and my crew and i woke up
but it was so lucid i could see the rust on the nails that held the windows in place

Rut roh! So it was all peaceful and beautiful then ninjastars and natives of a spore planet started attacking you!? That's a very interesting dream.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Last night I had a dream that there was a big cut across my throat, and I was looking at it in the mirror... I'm not sure where it came from, but I feel like it was self inflicted. I would never really cut my own throat, but I remember in the dream I was thinking: "I wish I hadn't done that..."

I also had another dream, but I don't remember it.

Jeremy Mason

Last night I had a dream that there was a big cut across my throat, and I was looking at it in the mirror... I'm not sure where it came from, but I feel like it was self inflicted. I would never really cut my own throat, but I remember in the dream I was thinking: "I wish I hadn't done that..."

I also had another dream, but I don't remember it.

:eek: