• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreams

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
That's weird...

Here's the dream I had a few days ago:

The other day I bought a pizza, but I didn't eat it all, so I but the rest in the refridgerator. Then I had this dream the following night:

I dreamed that I brought the rest of the pizza to school with me so I could eat it for lunch in between classes. Then I remembered I only had one class and it was over so I was walking about with my pizza in its box and I had to pee. So I put the box on the sink in the bathroom, but I forgot it in there and went to my car. Then I remembered it and went back, but it was gone! I was so sad. It was a terrible dream, because my pizza got stolen.

Then all of a sudden I was in a submarine and it was sinking and there was water slowly rising and I was trying to find my way out, but the water was too high and I couldn't breathe so I just decided to stop dreaming about that.

Elessar

I'm gonna jump in here :)

In my dreams, I tend to be, somehow, the hero of everyone else. But then, they tend to be very depressing. In fact, every once in a while they turn out to be horror movies drawing from so many elements that I've seen recently, not even funny.

Anyway, dream I had Tuesday night, which I have a good memory of:

At the beginning, its kinda like a montage of "previously on...", or, like, the prologue to a movie. It's like I'm watching in the third person, outside of the context like its a movie, and it feels like I'm watching on television. I see the Battlestar Galactica, jumping into the solar system with the rest of the Fleet from the reimagined show, just as they do in the last cliffhanger episode, as they arrive to Earth. They're talking all about how they're at Earth, and it's a good thing, and that life will be much better from hereonin, and Earth is looking good (and its almost the opposite of what really happened on the show).

Then, I see Galactica fighters flying over a full Washington D.C., and its suddenly the inauguration. There were people I didn't recognize in the dream, but who felt familiar, in Galactica uniforms next to Obama as he's taking the oath of office. And then, as everyone's applauding, something dangerous jumps across the screen and tackles Obama, and suddenly, it's the middle of the night, a lot of screaming, gunshots and growling as it fades to black.

Then it feels like its several weeks later - you know, not, like, it said TWO WEEKS LATER or anything, it just feels like time has passed. And I see an empty street, with ruins all across it, and blood splattered everywhere, with dead bodies along it. Then, come the four heroes, I recognize instantly, from Left 4 Dead - Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis. They're running through the alleyway, as quickly as they can, running from something to something, when a smoker (that's a zombie in the game) grabs Zoey, and starts pulling her up a building, as a boomer explodes, getting bile all over the other three, and zombies start pouring in from all sides. They shoot Zoey down, and start running into the open street, running from all kinds of zombie as the run through the street, throwing grenades (weird, since normal grenades aren't in the game) and just firing various weapons randomly. As they come to an empty spot, there is suddenly a flying thing in the air - it's a Galactica shuttle, lowering down toward the survivors, but suddenly getting smashed into by a zombie, falling off course, and the two pilots eject to the ground as zombies begin to swarm them.

They're still fighting through the zombies, the faceless Galactica pilots and survivors from Left 4 Dead, and, just as the zombies are thinning, two tanks (HUGE zombies that can take down houses) start charging them. Then, suddenly, I'm not watching in third person, and I'm on a building above them, looking down. With no control over my actions, I look down and grab something I can't see from somewhere. I kneel down, and I feel like I'm a hunter-zombie, which kneels down and leaps at survivors in the game. One of the survivors and both Galactica pilots are down, but not dead, on the street as the tanks are taking huge amounts of bullets without seeming to notice. Suddenly, I jump, not knowing what I'm doing, thinking in my head, holy **** I'm falling 50 feet I'm going to die! And I now turn on the thing in my hand, which is a blue lightsaber I can now see the blade, and I fall into one of the tanks, knocking it into the ground and stabbing it through. I then leap out, pushing a random zombie out of my way as I leap to the other tank, cutting off an arm, another arm, and then its head, which rolls away, with, oddly, no blood anywhere.

I'm breathing heavily, and, the survivors are approaching me, looking at me...well, weirdly, when I suddenly hear the peals of Monty Python in the air:

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great...

As I look up, I open my eyes and suddenly see al-Tair from Assassin's Creed above me, his knife extended and looking ready to leap at me from above, as I suddenly leap up, jumping to deflect with my lightsaber...

And I see that al-Tair is my poster from Assassin's Creed, and I'm lying in my dorm room, the sun is shining through the window and my digital clock is flashing 09:32 as Every Sperm is Sacred plays from my computerized alarm clock.

It took me a few seconds to lower my hands from lightsaber-holding position, rub my eyes, and turn my alarm off.

Unlike many of my very active dreams, this one I still remember vividly. It almost feels like my alarm clock interrupted me in the middle and I wasn't done.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
I just finished reading The Lathe of Heaven, very good sci-fi book about a guy who discovers that some of his dreams can change reality and his shrink who tries to use his ability.

Stellify

StarChild
My dreams are usually horrific or incredibly depressing. Or both. I die a lot. Other people die a lot, too. It's bad :areyoucra
I especially hate it when I die....I know people say it's impossible in dreams, but I know differently. I actually feel myself fade out and die. Then there's a small space where there is absolute nothingness, just a void..then I wake up. Usually hurting or holding my breath or whatever, depending on how I died in the dream :cover:

may be playing a bit to much fallout because in my dream i was just wandering everywhere and stuff behaved like in fallout i also say the interface whereever i went (was funny though using vats on my mom to put a sombrero on her hat (wich i somehow got by robing a taco bell))

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I wanted to revive this thread, so I can post some of my cracked out dreams. Here is a recent one, I had, probably because of when Baggins almost escaped into the cold lonely vicious world a few days ago. My dream was this:

Baggins wanted to join the rats who lived outside in a cave, so he ran away. Then some people I don't know and I went out to find him. We found the cave, which was a hole in the ground that led into various tunnels, and we shined flashlights down there to see if we could find him. Then I saw him running up the tunnel toward me, and he jumped up to greet me and was so happy to see me. But he had black back legs, like a rat's fur, and a rat tail instead of his puppy tail, because he was turning into a rat. It was a very cracked out dream.

My other dream was that my christmas cactus flower fell off of my cactus plant. I was very sad.

Acim

Revelation all the time
How a recent night dream went, from what I can tell.

I was in office type room. Rather large room, no cubicles, and was likely only office in building that I pretty much knew from onset was a church of some sort. I was interviewing for job, I think, or maybe being called in to go over something with main pastor.

It was me and a woman sitting pretty much side by side while male pastor sat across from us, behind a desk. I basically just remember things wrapping up, when I was asked about certain event that had taken place. I don't recall what this was or how I was asked, but it was like church had done something wrong, and they were asking my awareness of it.

I remember responding, not sure how I did, or what I said, but I think it was in vein of I don't have awareness of this, which seemed to please the pastor. Though I was curious enough to find out. I was excused, and the woman stayed, to it seemed like be reprimanded for her awareness of the event.

I then stepped out of office into very large, chapel type room. There was minister at pulpit, and in front of him about 12 kids sitting in individual chairs, with 2 young adults sitting behind and off to the side. Minister was speaking, and I instinctively knew this was time for me to be solemn, quiet, minimize my movement.

I grabbed a desk-chair combo unit (like type grade school students would sit in) with intention of moving to where the young adults were, and instead I put desk-chair on ground and slid a good 30 feet from where I was to middle of room, but still in back, behind the kids. I stopped, thinking I just disrupted everything, but minister kept on going, kids facing front, and only the 2 young adults seemed to take notice. A bit of concern on their face.

Then one of them, male, stood up, opened up his shirt to reveal something on his chest. Like something had been engraved on there, and he needed for me to be aware of this before I did anything further. Don't recall what the symbol was but do remember it was large, like from upper chest region, down to lower abdomen. He started to head toward me, and I felt like, "ah so this is the event I was asked about."

And that is all I recall.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Why you teasing us?

Post some old ones, and get some new ones in the mix.

Chop, chop!