• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dr Adnan Ibrahim on Emotional Atheism

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Of course they exist. I'm saying that an Arab atheist speaking to a religious Arab would often be risking their lives if they were too open, so a religious Arab is not in a good position to have good information about Arab atheists.

That what the media and the anti Islam websites say.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The image that religious people are monsters is what the media and the Anti Islam websites
plus their supporters are trying to do, but they fail, it seems they should work harder.
Not all religious people are monsters, but some are.When an atheist lives in a very religious area, the more people he tells about his atheism, the more likely that one of the religious monsters will find out, and the more likely that the atheist will be imprisoned or killed.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What is the penalty for apostasy where you live?

I know some who are Atheists and they're free and i saw them discussing religion with the religious
people and the discussion always productive.

That being said, in Jordan the title name for religion is erased from all official identities such
as the ID and the passport, so the belief is a personal choice and not necessarily to be
declared by the citizens, also Jordan is directly involved in the war against the ISIS.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know some who are Atheists and they're free and i saw them discussing religion with the religious
people and the discussion always productive.

That being said, in Jordan the title name for religion is erased from all official identities such
as the ID and the passport, so the belief is a personal choice and not necessarily to be
declared by the citizens, also Jordan is directly involved in the war against the ISIS.
Jordan, is it?

Jordan's better than most Muslim countries, but there are still negative consequences for coming out as an atheist:

Jordan

While there is no express statutory prohibition on apostasy, conversion trials are heard by Islamic courts and may be instituted by any member of the community.[37] According to Islamic law, there are consequences when Muslims adopt religions other than Islam. For instance, if someone is convicted of apostasy, the Islamic courts adjudicating matters of personal status have the power to void the person’s marriage and deny his/her right to inherit from a spouse and from Muslim relatives.[38]

[...]

In addition, Jordan explicitly criminalizes blasphemy. Article 273 of Jordan’s Penal Code of 1960 punishes any individual who insults the Prophet Mohamed with a term of imprisonment of one to three years.[40]
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/apostasy/#jordan

An atheist in your country can lose their marriage or inheritance for being openly atheist. Depending on their reasons for becoming an atheist, they could go to prison for saying why they left Islam for atheism. Do you think this encourages atheists to be open?

How about the many Islamic countries where apostasy is punishable by death?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It is certainly falling short in producing evidence for such.
I am very certain it is.

If I feel cold , how I could make you feel cold ?
when I told you I feel cold, you told me "it's natural selection and randomness" :)

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Jordan, is it?

Jordan's better than most Muslim countries, but there are still negative consequences for coming out as an atheist:

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/apostasy/#jordan

An atheist in your country can lose their marriage or inheritance for being openly atheist. Depending on their reasons for becoming an atheist, they could go to prison for saying why they left Islam for atheism. Do you think this encourages atheists to be open?

These laws are never serious about apostasy and even blasphemy i can see it happening every now
and then between people regardless of their beliefs.

How about the many Islamic countries where apostasy is punishable by death?

Why the judgement day then if people have to judge and kill people according to their beliefs on earth?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
These laws are never serious about apostasy and even blasphemy i can see it happening every now
and then between people regardless of their beliefs.
But do you understand why someone would be concerned?

... and that's even before considering social implications about being open with one's atheism.

Why the judgement day then if people have to judge and kill people according to their beliefs on earth?
You'll have to ask these people:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ty-to-man-who-renounced-his-Muslim-faith.html

And these people:

http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/another-secular-blogger-murdered-in-bangladesh/

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But do you understand why someone would be concerned?

... and that's even before considering social implications about being open with one's atheism.

You'll have to ask these people:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ty-to-man-who-renounced-his-Muslim-faith.html

And these people:

http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/another-secular-blogger-murdered-in-bangladesh/

Actually why i care about how Muslims countries deal with religion, the prophet foretold
that the caliphate will be divided to several states and will be weak and the real
knowledge of religion will be lost and the khawarij will kill people according to
their beliefs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually why i care about how Muslims countries deal with religion, the prophet foretold
that the caliphate will be divided to several states and will be weak and the real
knowledge of religion will be lost and the khawarij will kill people according to
their beliefs.
If you believe all that, why do you have such a hard time with the idea that atheists in Arab countries would fear for their safety if they were open about their atheism?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If you believe all that, why do you have such a hard time with the idea that atheists in Arab countries would fear for their safety if they were open about their atheism?
He should be thrilled at the idea as that would imply that his much awaited Judgment Day cannot be too far off.

Pudding

You'll eventually get used to this sort of thing, Pudding. It's par for the course, really.
I now know it's a misunderstanding.

The bottom line is the ideas put forth in the 2 videos are simply nonsense. For some reason or other both Feargod and godobeyer seem to think that excellent points were made in both video which is troubling, putting it mildly.
It seems so.

Refer to FearGod's wonderful (and highly ironic) signature.
No comment...