• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump Jr tweets out whistleblower name and photo

Prometheus85

Donald Trump Jr. outed a federally-protected whistleblower on Twitter in order to promote his lame book and then used the legitimate outrage to explicitly promote his book.

When you think these people can’t go lower in pursuit of greed and power they always, somehow find a way.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Pretty outrageous. This contravenes the law in the "Inspector General Act of 1978," as well as that in the "Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989." No doubt he'll face no penalties, and would be pardoned if he did.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Do we even know for sure that said name of the whistleblower is actually their name, of did they hear it on a right-wing news source?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Donald Trump Jr. outed a federally-protected whistleblower on Twitter in order to promote his lame book and then used the legitimate outrage to explicitly promote his book.

When you think these people can’t go lower in pursuit of greed and power they always, somehow find a way.
My wife had "The View" on with him and his girlfriend on it, and his argument was that it was already out on the "Drudge Report". So, apparently he believes that two wrongs make it right.

Terry Sampson

Donald Trump Jr. outed a federally-protected whistleblower on Twitter

My spin on that? "Donald Trump Jr. outed an alleged federally-protected whistleblower on Twitter"
Who alleged the whistleblower's name? Jr. cited Breitbart.com article @ Alleged ‘Whistleblower’ Eric Ciaramella Worked Closely with Anti-Trump Dossier Hoaxer

Screenshot_2019-11-07 Donald Trump Jr on Twitter.png

Terry Sampson

Continuing from prior post:

The Whistleblower statute defines the lawful procedure which whistleblowers must follow. To out an actual whistleblower violates the anonymity of a bona fide whistleblower. Whether the alleged whistleblower is the actual whistleblower or not, he ought to sue the pants off everyone who has asserted that he is the whistleblower. I would.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Continuing from prior post:

The Whistleblower statute defines the lawful procedure which whistleblowers must follow. To out an actual whistleblower violates the anonymity of a bona fide whistleblower. Whether the alleged whistleblower is the actual whistleblower or not, he ought to sue the pants off everyone who has asserted that he is the whistleblower. I would.
And it's a felony under federal law, but then his daddy could pardon him anyway.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
@Estro Felino , federally protected whistleblowers are part of the USA's system of checks and balances.

To undermine that is a form of treason, even if it is not formally labelled as such.

Prometheus85

Pretty outrageous. This contravenes the law in the "Inspector General Act of 1978," as well as that in the "Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989." No doubt he'll face no penalties, and would be pardoned if he did.

And he whines that everyone who is appalled by his disclosure of the whistleblower's name is "triggered." No! They are people who believe in following law, in protecting whistleblowers who file reports under the ICWP Act from lawless criminal thugs him and his father

Prometheus85

Do we even know for sure that said name of the whistleblower is actually their name, of did they hear it on a right-wing news source?

Breitbart and Donald trump Jr himself was on the view defending his decision to share the name of the whistleblower

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Breitbart and Donald trump Jr himself was on the view defending his decision to share the name of the whistleblower

Yeah, I was talking about Donald Trump Jr. My question was, how did he find out? Does he have real world info, or just following a far right news source?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Au contrary all this secrecy isn't really that fair..since we Italians have the right to know what Biden and former Prime Minister Renzi said and did.. what role this whistleblower played.

But...our Democratic Party is just the European branch of the American one...after all

Alleged whistleblower Eric Ciaramella was Biden guest at State Department banquet
Italians have no right to know who the whistleblower is. And the lies about Biden are just that, lies.

Terry Sampson

If this whistleblower really helped Hillary & co. cover up their monstruous acts...I don't see why he should deserve "protection"

Sorry, Luv, helping Hillary & Co. is one thing, blowing the whistle on Trump is an entirely different thing. The Whistleblower statute does not protect the person who helped Hillary, but it sure as hell protects the whistleblower, ... at least, it had better protect him or her. Because, if it doesn't, the Whistleblower statute collapses and whistleblowers stop blowing whistles.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah, I was talking about Donald Trump Jr. My question was, how did he find out? Does he have real world info, or just following a far right news source?
Or just lied as his father lies all the time. Or he read it in a lying outlet and is just repeating the lies. I find I'm way ahead by just treating everything coming from the current regime and its sycophants and minions as lies and dismissing it out of hand.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It doesn't even matter if he actually found out. If he named the wrong person, then he put THAT person at risk. Bum-wipe!

Prometheus85

I Believe he said he first heard it from the Drudge Report. But then he tweeted and article form Breitbart.

Prometheus85

Au contrary all this secrecy isn't really that fair..since we Italians have the right to know what Biden and former Prime Minister Renzi said and did.. what role this whistleblower played.

But...our Democratic Party is just the European branch of the American one...after all

Alleged whistleblower Eric Ciaramella was Biden guest at State Department banquet

at least try and find a more credible source other than the Washington Examiner. Its not uncommon to see it used as a source among more extreme right-wingers who seem to like how proper the site pretends to be, despite Media Bias Fact Check rating them Mixed for factual reporting due to failing numerous fact checks.