• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your *god* speak?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

There are claims that *god* speaks and that what he has spoken is a religion.

Personal understanding
1. *god* is only a concept to understand the *universal* energy.
2. Our own *MIND TALKS* as there is no *god* known to any man that
*talks*.
3. Communication of the universal and the individual happens only when the
individual *Stills the thoughts* when the individual as an *ego* ceases to
exits and they both merge and in such a merger the obesrver is not
present to stake any claims of any communications as an observer.
4. Beliefs are something which is again the *MIND TALK* the human mind
takes something as True without his own verification.
5. Those who have verified are not believers but as for them it is living and
they become living examples.

Would like everyone to state if they know of any god of ever speaking to anyone,
and if so what proofs exists to stake such claim. And why this universal god refuses
to talk to any other individual even buddhas. If there gods do not speak, why not with
personal understanding / verifications.
Kindly do not state so and so books says so as it will not be considered intelligent responses.

Love & rgds

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
My Gods and Goddesses speak to me. They don't manifest Themselves in front of me and start talking, but They speak to me in other ways to make Their intentions known. It doesn't have to be proven to me, as I experience it first-hand. But, then again, this is how people get accused of Heresy.

Evee

My G-d speaks to me. I have a slightly different take on your first point--*god* isn't the concept we use to understand the universal energy, IMO. G-d is the reason we know that energy is universal because He is the Source of it. As such, He can control it, direct it. Usually He does it in normal, science-y ways, but I believe that in prayer, we also have the ability to move the energy of the universe and, with meditation, G-d will stir the energy to provide us with answers.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In my time with "god", never was a word exchanged, other than me saying, "Well, Holy ...k", right at the start. There was no need to say anything whatsoever. Our communication was well beyond simplistic concepts defined by mere words.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
In my time with "god", never was a word exchanged, other than me saying, "Well, Holy ...k", right at the start. There was no need to say anything whatsoever. Our communication was well beyond simplistic concepts defined by mere words.
You have brought up a good point. While I do say my Gods and Goddesses speak to me, They do not actually use words. They do communicate and They do know how to make Their intent known to me. They also know how to guide me. Does one have to talk to speak, as long as someone is listening to the message otherwise conveyed?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend enhanted_one,

While I do say my Gods and Goddesses speak to me, They do not actually use words. They do communicate and They do know how to make Their intent known to me. They also know how to guide me. Does one have to talk to speak, as long as someone is listening to the message otherwise conveyed?

Than the obvious question is what or who is this *god/goddesses you speak of?

Love & rgds

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Friend enhanted_one,

Than the obvious question is what or who is this *god/goddesses you speak of?

Love & rgds
Mainly Anubis, Isis, and Thoth. Also Tefnut, Sekhmet, Bastet, and Khonsu. There are Others at times, but the Ones listed are the Ones that speak to me most often and speak the most clearly.

God speaks to me. I cannot prove this, nor do I need to. I prefer to call it the voice of Spirit and it is easily differentiated from the voice of ego. The voice of ego always speaks first, is complicated and would try to influence me into making a decision. The voice of Spirit waits for ego to finish, speaks very plainly and quitely and makes no attempt to influence my decision.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
1. *god* is only a concept to understand the *universal* energy.
I disagree, but only because you used the word "only".

2. Our own *MIND TALKS* as there is no *god* known to any man that *talks*.
Ehh... I accept that as a possibility, not as an end-all that your wording suggests...

3. Communication of the universal and the individual happens only when the individual *Stills the thoughts* when the individual as an *ego* ceases to exits and they both merge and in such a merger the obesrver is not present to stake any claims of any communications as an observer.
4. Beliefs are something which is again the *MIND TALK* the human mind takes something as True without his own verification.
5. Those who have verified are not believers but as for them it is living and they become living examples.
I was about to disagree with point #4, but #5 cleared that up ;)

Would like everyone to state if they know of any god of ever speaking to anyone, and if so what proofs exists to stake such claim. And why this universal god refuses to talk to any other individual even buddhas. If there gods do not speak, why not with
personal understanding / verifications.

Kindly do not state so and so books says so as it will not be considered intelligent responses.
I've had my own experiences, while they more or less solidify things for me, it doesn't do anything for you. I have no proof, and I think it would be foolish to claim to have empirical evidence for a subjective experience...

Metalic Wings

I never felt that God spoke to me. Although I had some moments of recognition and a few moments of strong resolution, most of the time my prayers were just repeated words.

The closest I would ever say I felt that God "communicated" with me would be one day when I was explaining a view of God I had to my father. He told me that it sounded very familiar and that it was a concept in a book he reads everyday. It's got a different passage for each day of the year. When he finally found it and had me read it, it was exactly what I had been trying to tell him. The date was my birthday.

I still am undecided one that one. I don't really feel that it was God trying to speak to me. However, I do take that as a kind of personal assurance.

3. Communication of the universal and the individual happens only when the
individual *Stills the thoughts* when the individual as an *ego* ceases to
exits and they both merge and in such a merger the obesrver is not
present to stake any claims of any communications as an observer.

"Love thine ego as thyself--because it is." ~Ayn Rand

I'm not saying I agree or disagree. I just thought of this quote immediately when I read your post and felt it was worth mentioning because of the major contradiction.

xkatz

Actually this topic does remind me of something I experienced a few years ago. At the synagogue I go/went to, they were blowing the shofar. After they blew it I heard the oddest noise ever. And it definitely wasn't human nor anything from the shofar. TBH I am not sure what I heard, maybe I am just crazy :areyoucra

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend xkatz,
Yes, when one meditates and thoughts *stills* the sound can be heard and thereafter one has to follow the sound is all that can be explained.
Effort if any is to create that environment for one to hear that soundless sound.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend gentoo,

Thank you for your response.
However to take the discussion forward.
I disagree, but only because you used the word "only".

Yes, No doubt Truth when spoken is falsified - Lao Tsu; however pardon the limitations within which one has to communicate Since you object the use of the word *only* could you enlighten us about the *other* which you suggest?

Ehh... I accept that as a possibility, not as an end-all that your wording suggests...
Could be clarified by stating that here *talking* means As we talk amongst ourselves.
If someone has such experiences can not say and so am open to know about it. Communication with the universal, yes and one understands.

I've had my own experiences, while they more or less solidify things for me, it doesn't do anything for you. I have no proof, and I think it would be foolish to claim to have empirical evidence for a subjective experience...

Since these experiences are very personal and individualized that leave it to the individual to share or not or else since most here are of the PATH am sure sharing helps in each one's journey.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend enchanted_one,

My Gods and Goddesses speak to me. They don't manifest Themselves in front of me and start talking, but They speak to me in other ways to make Their intentions known. It doesn't have to be proven to me, as I experience it first-hand. But, then again, this is how people get accused of Heresy.

Once again thank you for sharing as surely each experience/s of someone helps others of the path. Personally understand communication with the universal energy not as *talks* that one has with other humans but surely as a communications through pointers. Besides, since you have specific gods speaking, would you like to discuss the way it happens? It is not any any way to demean you but to understand the system and to thank you for any understanding that may happen due to it.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Evee,

Thank you for sharing.
Though we still have differences of perception about the term or label *god* we shall try and find some neutral ground where we can understand each others concepts better.
Presently find no communication from the universal as to how to bridge the gap.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend MW,

Yes, TRUTH / REALITY is that their are THOUGHTS and NO-THOUGHTS [for some]
EGO belongs to the Thought world.
Religions are pointers towards the No-Thought world.
Yes one has to start by being OPEN of all possibilities to verify and accept what is not known to the individual.

Love & rgds

Love & rgds

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Friend gentoo,

Yes, No doubt Truth when spoken is falsified - Lao Tsu; however pardon the limitations within which one has to communicate Since you object the use of the word *only* could you enlighten us about the *other* which you suggest?

I don't have another suggestion. Call me wishy-washy but I prefer to leave things open ended to using absolutist terms.

Could be clarified by stating that here *talking* means As we talk amongst ourselves.
If someone has such experiences can not say and so am open to know about it. Communication with the universal, yes and one understands.

I think that depends on what your view of god is and why you're 'talking' to god in the first place.

Since these experiences are very personal and individualized that leave it to the individual to share or not or else since most here are of the PATH am sure sharing helps in each one's journey.

Oh no doubt. Though, I choose only to speak of my experiences (and then, not necessarily in their entirety) to one person. I have some rather strange and outlandish ideas that I'd rather keep to myself.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Friend enchanted_one,

Besides, since you have specific gods speaking, would you like to discuss the way it happens? It is not any any way to demean you but to understand the system and to thank you for any understanding that may happen due to it.
Sometimes They just guide me. It's hard to explain, but I can feel Them and I know exactly which one of Them it is I am feeling. There are also, more intimate and personal ways They have communicated with me. The details of most of those situations is probably best kept between Them and myself though. :) Hey, some things are sacred!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends gentoo & enchanted_one and ,

Thank you for sharing.
Yes, it is understandable, whatever be your stands.
Do respect your views and accept them as they are.
Love & rgds

Evee

My ZenFriend,

These are the questions that are immediately brought to my mind:
Do you believe that the universal energy is eternal? Do you believe it has a source, in space or in time? Do you believe that the ball of energy we designate as a "self" can influence or be influenced by the universal energy? Is the "self" always composed of the same energy? Is re-unification the ultimate goal?

Please feel free to answer any to all of them as you think it would contribute to our mutual understanding.

Peace