• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your belief / religion ect offer a better deal ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus is enough and there is nothing to do but recieve the free gift of salvation..The only way to recieve is to believe what he did for our sins on the cross . That is hard to be beaten by any other religion , prophet , guru, ascended master, or any practice, meditation, principle, steps , course , ect .
If you are lazy and don't want to do any work for God, what you "believe" you have is the way to go, but what if you're wrong and work was required? It will be too late to change your mind after you die. :(

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Maybe I'm restricted by the ones I know and have come across . Thats why I've asked on this forum. What better place to ask if what you or others have is better than what I have? Its worth knowing if its better than what I have.
That is a good way of thinking, being open-minded, but let's just say there is a religion that is better, you would have to believe in that religion in order to get the rewards. How do you plan to do that?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Forgiveness, redemption, my spirit is resurrected, Eternal life , peace with God, no fear in death, Loved by God, a new body to come that never dies , I.ll never be sick, or sad ect .
Since Baha'is are required to believe in Jesus we get all that too, but we get even more than that. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Two major things for starters..Eternal life and Guaranteed heaven .
Baha'is get those too, but we are supposed to do more than just believe to get them.... We have to know God and observe His laws to the best of our ability.

“The beginning of all things is the knowledge of God, and the end of all things is strict observance of whatsoever hath been sent down from the empyrean of the Divine Will that pervadeth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 5

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The biblical term is ' not through the works of the law' Belief is not a ' work ' and its salvation by Grace ,not works . Better said in this verse .
Eph 2

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
That's Paul, not Jesus. Jesus did not teach salvation by grace alone.
Do you want to follow Paul or Jesus? I suggest you read this:

How Paul changed the course of Christianity

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Matt 7:21 says that those who do the will of the Father and not just say "lord, lord".

Now I know someone will twist this into an intellectual pretzel to mean the opposite, but that's not what it says in plain language.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Fire away..
Well, I finally got to the end of my long list of your posts and this is the last one.
If there were any questions I said I would answer later you will have to remind me what they were....
Meanwhile.

Barry Johnson said: what is on offer by Jesus cannot be ' bettered '

Trailblazer said: Wanna bet?

So what is on offer by Jesus that you believe cannot be bettered?
If we stick strictly with the afterlife, I believe that can be bettered. For one thing, what do you even know about heaven and what you will get when you attain eternal life? If you do not know what heaven consists of how can you know it cannot be bettered?

Below is one of the assurances that I have. There are more but this is a brief one that I especially like given all I have suffered in this life.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Eternal life sounds like torture to me. After a few million years, it would be boredom. After a few billion years, it would be enough to produce insanity.
How do you know that you would be bored?
I would much rather have a limited lifespan than to live forever. To me, living forever isn't 'good news'; it is terrifying in the extreme.
What's so terrifying? How can you know what it is like if you have never been there?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You only have a guarantee *if* your particular interpretation of your particular religion is correct. If it isn't, you have nothing AND have given up experiencing many joys of life.
Why do you think that you would have to give up the many joys of this life in order to attain eternal life?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Psalm23 said: Interesting perspective. What especially would you find terrifying about it?
The repetition. The lack of wonder in seeing something new. The fatigue from simply living for way, way, way too long.
Why do you think the afterlife will be like that, with nothing new to see?
And that would just be the start. Take that and multiply by a million. Then a billion. Then a trillion. Then a quadrillion.

An eternity is a LONG time.

Even longer than a weekend with the in-laws.
I feel your pain because I feel the same way about living forever, but I do not believe we will be thinking that way after we get to the afterlife, which is a spiritual world, not a material world. Since there will be no time there as we know time here we won't be thinking "Gee, when is this going to end?" like we might be thinking during a weekend with the in-laws. ;)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What is required of you to do in order to attain. Its immediate benefits/ results and its future promise / fulfilment.
Now this of course is based on whether or not said belief is true or not. But first let's discuss what's on offer here

and my argument is , I don't believe anyone can offer more than I already have ,as a bible believing Christian . Not immediately or in the future.
Nice for you to believe this

Are you 100% sure?

Because,

What is offered to whosoever is certainty of reconciliation to God , Peace with God , The gift of the Holy Spirit, fellowship with God ,
My Master promisses the same and more

Guaranteed eternal life in heaven when you die

No fear of death ect .

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
You are still very young with a full life ahead of you, and death is nowhere in sight....
When you get to be our age, maybe you will start to think differently. ;)
as a young person who has faced death many times with it clearly in sight...And worships a death goddess...I dont see the hang up either and feel that these words are kinda condensing.