• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your belief / religion ect offer a better deal ?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well priests can do it, so I don't see it would be a huge issue. But you are right about the superstition. Catholicism, being sacramental, still has a fair amount of it. Protestantism has less, though there are a lot of charlatans practising faith healing etc. which is in some ways worse.

I believe faith healing works even if the person is a charlatan. Belief is not as easy as it sounds though and some people are faith killers ie they say things to take away a person's faith.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So then, dear friends, as you always obeyed me when I was with you, it is even more important that you obey me now while I am away from you. Keep on working with fear and trembling to complete your salvation,

I believe this is how that works: Phi. 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I believe faith healing works even if the person is a charlatan. Belief is not as easy as it sounds though and some people are faith killers ie they say things to take away a person's faith.
Well, I would be a faith killer for you then as, having had a science education, I am firmly of the opinion that faith healing is nonsense - apart from the placebo effect of course, which is well documented but very limited in scope.

Dogknox20

I believe this is how that works: Phi. 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
Hello Muffled hope you are doing well....
I reply! I have a personal relationship with Jesus! FACT IS: I am in communion with him! I eat his living forever flesh & I drink Jesus' life giving blood! (read John chapter #6) Can't get any closer then that can you!?
Clearly you understand "I am Catholic". For God truly does work in me; "I am IN Him (Baptism) and He is IN me (I Consume his living flesh) !"
John 17: 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

I was "IMMERSED into Jesus" when I was baptized! Because I am IN Jesus (God' only son) I can call God father! Because I am IN Jesus I honor my mother Mary, just as Jesus does!
I was "IMMERSED into Jesus" and I REMAIN in Jesus! 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

God bless