• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Koran Teach "Kill The Infidels"

kai

ragamuffin
I'm reading the quotes you highlighted in blue, but I've yet to see the part where it says,"when the Arabs are in control over the world" then they will have compassion by the rulers of Islam. Can you show me where, in maro's post, where it says anything about Islam's tolerance towards non-Muslims when they are not in control of the world. I see the part where it says,"The tolerant attitude of Islam towards non-Muslims, whether they be those residing in their own countries or within the Muslim lands, can be clearly seen through a study of history" it also says, "not only does Islam demand their freedom to practice religion, but also that they be treated justly as any other fellow human. Warning against any abuse of non-Muslim in an Islamic society..." . You can read what the Prophet stated.

I still don't see the application of this "warning" in Islam's homeland.

my mistake the last part is my opinion, only the part in inverted comas is an extract, obviously the question is academic if muslims are not in control.

gnostic

The Lost One
zephyr said:
On a more on-topic note, I'm not so sure it really matters right now what the Koran says. It's the actions of Muslims that worry me the most. Whether they are following the book or their own ideas, it's a problem.
True in some part. The other part is that have been seen in recent past is that Muslims frequently used the Qur'an, even twisted the meaning, to suit their violent actions. Self justification by using the scriptures is a common flaw of both man and his religion.

Sahar

Jeremy, you have a bunch of good Muslims who come here on a daily basis. Is there anything you need?

Popeyesays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Mason
I still don't see the application of this "warning" in Islam's homeland.

Yeah I don't either. It's disturbing ain't it?

It is disturbing and any religion should be able to function with other reloigions without having to put a muzzle on the other religion. However, one cannot expect them to be democratic just because. It is not part of their treaditions or heritage.

One can adjust their behavior by slapping their noses when one can. Perhaps encouraging other nations NOT to allow their citizens to be employed by the Saudi government might do the trick and force them to adjust the nature of human rights within Saudi Arabia. They depend heavily upon foreign workers at every level of their economy. They have long had the attitude that their wealth allows them to behave as they desire. If that did not work, then their behavior might be modified.

Regards,
Scott

Jeremy Mason

The question I have is, "what are Saudi Arabia's plans, if any, to up hold their own religious obligations concerning non-Muslim rights. If they are secular, and I don't think they are, I could somewhat understand having differences between religion and state. But, as far as I know, they are a theocracy as most Arab states are, and are bound by their higher authority, which according to the information provided by Maro, they are not.

Popeyesays

The question I have is, "what are Saudi Arabia's plans, if any, to up hold their own religious obligations concerning non-Muslim rights. If they are secular, and I don't think they are, I could somewhat understand having differences between religion and state. But, as far as I know, they are a theocracy as most Arab states are, and are bound by their higher authority, which according to the information provided by Maro, they are not.

Non-Muslim rights are not a governmental issue there since there are no non-Muslim citizens.

No non-Muslim subjects of the monarchy exist.

The only non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia are foreign workers who go there and voluntarily follow Saudi law for the benefits of being foreign workers and paid relatively well for their efforts.

It's the same thing in China, if you go there to teach or work you sign agreements not to teach religion.

China is not a theocracy by any stretch of the imagination.

Regards,
Scott

Sahar

What exactly happens to non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia?

Jeremy Mason

They are arrested if they promote other religions. Human rights as a whole are questionable at best. Look what happened to that girl who was raped. Are you familiar with what she went through? I've never been there have you?

Popeyesays

What exactly happens to non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia?

They have their holy books confiscated, they have no place4 to perform the obligations of their religions, they often cannot access religious materials even on the internet.

They are not citizens and do not have the rights of citizens. International law requires certain human rights recognition and they don't do that.

Regards,
Scott

kai

ragamuffin
how can a country based on a religion run by religious laws tolerate other religions proselyting etc in there domain, its not possible, is there another religious country in the world that this works in principle , has anyone been to the Church of the holy sepulcher in Jerusalem where they share responsibility and divide up the church according to each Christian denomination even the monks come to blows occasionally

Jeremy Mason

how can a country based on a religion run by religious laws tolerate other religions proselyting etc in there domain, its not possible, is there another religious country in the world that this works in principle , has anyone been to the Church of the holy sepulcher in Jerusalem where they share responsibility and divide up the church according to each Christian denomination even the monks come to blows occasionally

Yes, Israel allows other religions in their country. Do you feel it's ok to completely be intolerant? I can understand a church applying a certain set of rules, but for a country to be abusive towards people for having a different religion, that's called tyranny.

kai

ragamuffin
Yes, Israel allows other religions in their country. Do you feel it's ok to completely be intolerant? I can understand a church applying a certain set of rules, but for a country to be abusive towards people for having a different religion, that's called tyranny.

Israel has a secular government democratically elected whos laws are based on english common law and jewish law , if you can understand a church applying certain rules then understand that if a country is run by religion the whole country is a church applying its rules