• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Koran Teach "Kill The Infidels"

Jeremy Mason

maros post is right the very first page tells us "The Arabs, to whom the Lord has given control over the world" it is an arab religion and does hold tennets of peace etc unfortunately these only apply when the Arabs are in control over the world at this moment in time they are not, so they have to strive to be in control of the world first to implement these issues, unfortunately tribal and ethnic values come to the fore in war and the words of the Quran are lost misquoted etc.

yes in an ideal world run by the Arabs infidels would be treated with compassion by their rulers.

Do you believe that "the Lord gave control over the world" to the Arabs? I thought all authority on earth and heaven was given to Jesus. (Mat. 28:18)

Popeyesays

Why insufferable? Explain more what you mean, if you don't mind!

They bring in laborers at any tech level and treat them poorly. They pay them well, but the attitude toward them is insufferable.

The attitude seems to me to be almost medieval, that foreigners will never be as good as Saudis even when Saudis disdain doing what they pay foreigners for doing.

Regards,
Scott

kai

ragamuffin
Do you believe that "the Lord gave control over the world" to the Arabs? I thought all authority on earth and heaven was given to Jesus. (Mat. 28:18)

no i do not , neither do i believe the Jews are gods chosen people, or that all authority on earth was given to Jesus, or that the gods live in Asgard or on Mt Olympus , neither do i believe in sacred oak trees, leprechauns ,djenies ,or the power of mistletoe and talismans and tarot.

Popeyesays

I don't think Kai is interested in admitting that anyone has authority over the world, or even more importantly over Kai.

Personally, I think Jesus was given spiritual authority in His day and age and Muhammed was given spiritual authoirty in His day and age.

However, both days and ages are past, and autority has passed into other hands.

Regards,
Scott

Jeremy Mason

"If you can't read it tough." Wow, I'm sorry about your laptop issues. It's just that I want you to be clear about the things your trying to say. The answer to the problem is just one click away or is that asking to much?

kai

ragamuffin
I don't think Kai is interested in admitting that anyone has authority over the world, or even more importantly over Kai.

Personally, I think Jesus was given spiritual authority in His day and age and Muhammed was given spiritual authoirty in His day and age.

Regards,
Scott

thank you scott i will take that as a compliment for my independant thinking, and in my search for a god that is powerful enough to be untainted and weakened by the likes of man.

Jeremy Mason

Regards,
Scott

Who's hands are those?

Jeremy Mason

thank you scott i will take that as a compliment for my independant thinking, and in my search for a god that is powerful enough to be untainted and weakened by the likes of man.

I'll pray that your independent thinking leads you to God.

Zephyr

Moved on
no i do not , neither do i believe the Jews are gods chosen people, or that all authority on earth was given to Jesus, or that the gods live in Asgard or on Mt Olympus , neither do i believe in sacred oak trees, leprechauns ,djenies ,or the power of mistletoe and talismans and tarot.
Infidel!

On a more on-topic note, I'm not so sure it really matters right now what the Koran says. It's the actions of Muslims that worry me the most. Whether they are following the book or their own ideas, it's a problem.

Jeremy Mason

maros post is right the very first page tells us "The Arabs, to whom the Lord has given control over the world" it is an arab religion and does hold tennets of peace etc unfortunately these only apply when the Arabs are in control over the world at this moment in time they are not, so they have to strive to be in control of the world first to implement these issues, unfortunately tribal and ethnic values come to the fore in war and the words of the Quran are lost misquoted etc.

yes in an ideal world run by the Arabs infidels would be treated with compassion by their rulers.

I'm reading the quotes you highlighted in blue, but I've yet to see the part where it says,"when the Arabs are in control over the world" then they will have compassion by the rulers of Islam. Can you show me where, in maro's post, where it says anything about Islam's tolerance towards non-Muslims when they are not in control of the world. I see the part where it says,"The tolerant attitude of Islam towards non-Muslims, whether they be those residing in their own countries or within the Muslim lands, can be clearly seen through a study of history" it also says, "not only does Islam demand their freedom to practice religion, but also that they be treated justly as any other fellow human. Warning against any abuse of non-Muslim in an Islamic society..." . You can read what the Prophet stated.

I still don't see the application of this "warning" in Islam's homeland.