• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Muslim pray to God more than Christian

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
S_G, Can or does Allah lie?(An intentional false statement/belief or being deceptive?)

An answer to the OP could be deceptive, however, MY question is dealing with Allah rather than mankind. Where in the Koran does it say that Allah can or cannot LIE?.

Hmm, as far as I know, there is no mentioning in the Quran that God does not lie. But if the Bible mentions that God does not lie, then I guess that could be taken as a proof that He does not. Muslims originally believe in Christianity and Judaism too.

Maybe other Muslim members know better than me in this field, and that why the Islam DIR came to my mind before. Some Muslims only go there. Sorry I couldn't help in it.

Muslims are required to pray five times a day – at daybreak, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset and evening.

Muslim Prayer: How Do Muslims Pray?

Christians are not told when to pray.Prayer in Christianity is for petitions,asking and thanksgiving.I know I have prayed sometimes 10 times in a single day.

sincerly

Hmm, as far as I know, there is no mentioning in the Quran that God does not lie. But if the Bible mentions that God does not lie, then I guess that could be taken as a proof that He does not. Muslims originally believe in Christianity and Judaism too.

Thanks, S_G, I know what the Biblical Scripture's declare---The Creator GOD can NOT lie.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Thanks, S_G, I know what the Biblical Scripture's declare---The Creator GOD can NOT lie.

Thank you actually for confirming that.

Would you kindly refer me to the verse(s) for it? I'd like to enrich my inventory, especially that I take Christianity and Judaism in high regard/believe in them, the way Muslims should.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Ah Lord God, surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. ~Jeremiah 4:10

For this God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. ~2 Thessalonians 2:11

And the best one of them all...

And if a prophet be decieved when he hath spoken a thing, I, the Lord, have decieved that prophet.~Ezekiel 14:9

Last edited:

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post

Thank you actually for confirming that.

Would you kindly refer me to the verse(s) for it? I'd like to enrich my inventory, especially that I take Christianity and Judaism in high regard/believe in them, the way Muslims should.

S_G, From the KJV:
Num. 23:19, "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

1Sam.15:29, "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent".

Psalms 89:34-35, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David."

Titus 1:2, "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; "

1Kings 17:24, "And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth."

John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

S_G, "muslim"=submitting one's self to GOD.(true)
The GOD of the Bible can not be the Allah of the Koran because the truths of GOD are said to be "corrupted" by the Koran---the "people corrupted themselves"---the Scriptural truths remained valid.
(Iblis(38:74-82) is still hard at work---" Then by Thy Might I will surely make them live an evil life, all,". However, that isn't by the "Thy might", but by Iblis' own cunning. Because the Creator GOD is in the process of saving souls rather than allowing those willful submitter's to perish.
BTW, 38:84 does say---"truth do I speak". Therefore, believe what you will.

But this is getting us off topic.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

S_G, From the KJV:
Num. 23:19, "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

1Sam.15:29, "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent".

Psalms 89:34-35, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David."

Titus 1:2, "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; "

1Kings 17:24, "And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth."

John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

S_G, "muslim"=submitting one's self to GOD.(true)
The GOD of the Bible can not be the Allah of the Koran because the truths of GOD are said to be "corrupted" by the Koran---the "people corrupted themselves"---the Scriptural truths remained valid.
(Iblis(38:74-82) is still hard at work---" Then by Thy Might I will surely make them live an evil life, all,". However, that isn't by the "Thy might", but by Iblis' own cunning. Because the Creator GOD is in the process of saving souls rather than allowing those willful submitter's to perish.
BTW, 38:84 does say---"truth do I speak". Therefore, believe what you will.

But this is getting us off topic.

Thank you for the feedback. Yeah, this is getting off-topic so I'll stop here.

Apologies to the OP'er.

Apple Sugar

I would say as far as a compulsory prayer matter, yes, Muslims pray more so than do Christians.
Muslims pray five times a day at minimum.
Just recently in the Kansas City Chiefs football game a Muslim Chief player made a touchdown and dropped to his knees in the end zone and bowed to the east in thanks be to Allah.

Muslims, like Christians, can pray at any time. But with Islam the compulsory factor of prayer five times a day and toward Mecca makes it something wholly different than what is typically Christian practice by comparison.

sincerly

"(Then said I,Ah Lord God, surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. ~Jeremiah 4:10

Hi T_L, It appears that you failed to take those verses in the context given.
Yes, it would appear the Jeremiah (you left off the first three words of that sentence---"(Then said I,)".What was the context?? Yes, GOD had brought them into the land and peace was promised---with some consequences if they strayed from GOD. Because of their apostasy, they were going into 70 years od captivity. GOD was keeping HIS Word.

For this God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. ~2 Thessalonians 2:11

The "for this" is answered in the preceding verse, "because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved". That last piece of truth which by choice was denied.(arrogantly and defiantly)

And the best one of them all...

And if a prophet be decieved when he hath spoken a thing, I, the Lord, have decieved that prophet.~Ezekiel 14:9

The Context is that of all the people being idolatrous(apostasy of the kingdom of Israel) and their being false prophets.

The prophets had let themselves be persuaded(deceived) by the leaders and GOD had allowed them to be persuaded(deceived) since they were false prophets. Therefore, GOD will "stretch out HIS hand and destroy" such from among HIS People.

See Jer.20:10as well.

sincerly

I would say as far as a compulsory prayer matter, yes, Muslims pray more so than do Christians.
Muslims pray five times a day at minimum.
Just recently in the Kansas City Chiefs football game a Muslim Chief player made a touchdown and dropped to his knees in the end zone and bowed to the east in thanks be to Allah.

Muslims, like Christians, can pray at any time. But with Islam the compulsory factor of prayer five times a day and toward Mecca makes it something wholly different than what is typically Christian practice by comparison.

Hi A_S, "compulsory" may be the limiting factor. Where the LOVE factor of "Pray without ceasing"---may be more fruitful.

However, only is the Muslim compelled to pray as a "pillar of their faith".

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Off-topic alert!

I heard about that story on my Facebook. He was penalized for it. I hope it was a misunderstanding, as I think it was, giving the benefit of the doubt, and not an act against Islam :(

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Off-topic alert!

I heard about that story on my Facebook. He was penalized for it. I hope it was a misunderstanding, as I think it was, giving the benefit of the doubt, and not an act against Islam :(

Yep. But when Tim Tebow does it, he's just absolutely the cat's meow!

tebow_large.jpg

sincerly

Off-topic alert!

S_G, It is a act against GOD. However, the irony is that those who have that attitude(denounce any GOD) has made a "god" of their "belief"---And it is enforced by the government---which decries such.

Prayer is an individual/personal action. Persecution(mostly) is a group action.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Originally Posted by chinu View Post
So you failed ?

HI Muffled, From Adam and Eve, one learns to believe and trust that which GOD has said rather than another being.
Those Scriptures(Bible) are HIS intended way for HIS created Humans to follow. The "Unity" is with the GOD of those Scriptures---then all can be in unity with one another.(John 17)
1John 4:1-2, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Muffled, John 17 is Jesus' prayer that all believer's are in the same "unity" as HE is with the FATHER. Since Jesus is the "Way, the Truth, and the Life", it behooves believers to be "One/in Unity" with the principles which were given so that believers are in the correct relationship to Jesus and the Father.(And the Holy Spirit.)
No! the "spiritual gifts"/"talents" which are given are not "alike", but that only emphasizes the truth of the "body of Christ" being as the parable Paul was making with the various parts of the body. We are to labor together to finish the witnessing assignment.

I believe you are in error on this since it is a prayer and not a command for believers. As a believer in salvation by grace I automatically fulfill the intent of the prayer without having to consciously work for that unity.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Generalization of an entire religion is stupid. Some Muslims pray more than Christians, and some Christians pray more than Muslims. That's really all there is to it.

I went to Friday prayer meeting with Muslims and prayed as much as they did but I had difficulty assumning all the required positions since I am old and not in the greatest shape in my life. In Christianity I am free to pray in any position anywhere, anytime.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The only thing I can say about it is that a in Islam, a muslim should offer Salat or prayer five times a day. Muslim can do other prayers do. That is how much a muslim SHOULD pray.

Do muslims pray more than Christians? I don't know, I can't even tell if muslims do actually follow what Islam says.

I would like to know though how many times should Christians pray?

I believe there is no requirement to pray little or much. I pray when the Holy Spirit urges me to pray. Since I live in the presence of God there is little need for communication but other people have needs I can pray for.

sincerly

HI Muffled, From Adam and Eve, one learns to believe and trust that which GOD has said rather than another being.
Those Scriptures(Bible) are HIS intended way for HIS created Humans to follow. The "Unity" is with the GOD of those Scriptures---then all can be in unity with one another.(John 17)
1John 4:1-2, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Muffled, John 17 is Jesus' prayer that all believer's are in the same "unity" as HE is with the FATHER. Since Jesus is the "Way, the Truth, and the Life", it behooves believers to be "One/in Unity" with the principles which were given so that believers are in the correct relationship to Jesus and the Father.(And the Holy Spirit.)
No! the "spiritual gifts"/"talents" which are given are not "alike", but that only emphasizes the truth of the "body of Christ" being as the parable Paul was making with the various parts of the body. We are to labor together to finish the witnessing assignment.

I believe you are in error on this since it is a prayer and not a command for believers. As a believer in salvation by grace I automatically fulfill the intent of the prayer without having to consciously work for that unity.

Hi Muffled, What you believe and what the Scriptures have said are not in "unity".
How many ways can a person "come to the Father"---Jesus said, there was no way except By HIM.
Yes, the Father gave HIS Grace of salvation, but it was "by Faith in Jesus".
Eph.2:8, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
That was the same way Jesus revealed to Nicodemus(John 3:16-17), "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
Obedience to the instructions of GOD Is still Life assuring. Jesus said, "If ye love me , keep my Commandments." (Deut.11:22; John 14:15; 15:10). Therefore, it isn't just a hope in The Father's Grace, but Obedience to HIS PLAN of salvation---an unrepentant sinner is outside of HIS "GRACE".

Muffled

Jesus in me

Hi Muffled, What you believe and what the Scriptures have said are not in "unity".
How many ways can a person "come to the Father"---Jesus said, there was no way except By HIM.
Eph.2:8, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
That was the same way Jesus revealed to Nicodemus(John 3:16-17), "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
Obedience to the instructions of GOD Is still Life assuring. Jesus said, "If ye love me , keep my Commandments." (Deut.11:22; John 14:15; 15:10). Therefore, it isn't just a hope in The Father's Grace, but Obedience to HIS PLAN of salvation---an unrepentant sinner is outside of HIS "GRACE".

I believe since Jesus is in me giving me understanding of scripture that I am in unity with Him and the scriptures.

I beleive Jesus is speaking to those who want to be disciples but have not desired to have Him as Lord and Savior. Therefore He is giving extra motivation to those people to follow Him because they love Him.

For example in my own life before I received Jesus as Lord and Savior I tried to be a good church person. That verse would have been somewhat helpful to me and no doubt I was doing my best with the miniscule knowledge of the Bible that I had at the time.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post 1John 4:1-2, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

I believe since Jesus is in me giving me understanding of scripture that I am in unity with Him and the scriptures.

I beleive Jesus is speaking to those who want to be disciples but have not desired to have Him as Lord and Savior. Therefore He is giving extra motivation to those people to follow Him because they love Him.

For example in my own life before I received Jesus as Lord and Savior I tried to be a good church person. That verse would have been somewhat helpful to me and no doubt I was doing my best with the miniscule knowledge of the Bible that I had at the time.

Muffled, One can not be in unity with Jesus Christ when one is in opposition to the Commandments of GOD. That is why 2Pet.1:10 admonishes all to: "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"

Harikrish

It is true Muslims pray 5 times a day. Oddly it was Moses who compromised with the prophet Mohammad on that number, he had originally suggested praying 50 times to the prophet.

Christians pray once a week on Sunday when they attend church. They don't believe they have to pray that often because Jesus died for their sins and they are all forgiven. So Muslims are obligated to pray for the infidels to make up the difference because they do not believe in Jesus's resurrection.