• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Muslim pray to God more than Christian

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you failed ? :D
I beleive that is hard to tell without feedback. One thing aboaut God is that He doesn't always tell you what He is doing and you just have to accept it on faith that He accomplished what He intended.

So I beleive I need to give a back story so you will understand better. I was at a different church when God gave me a vision of a palm holding a light in it and the sense was that of meditation on the light. I lso realized through the spirit that it was time to move on to a new church.

I beleive in letting God pick my church and He picked the Society of Friends which it seems to me fit the vision pretty well. Did I learn to focus on Jesus more? I doubt it but I did leartn a lot about the workings of my mind and spirit.

sincerly

Originally Posted by chinu View Post
So you failed ?

I beleive that is hard to tell without feedback. One thing aboaut God is that He doesn't always tell you what He is doing and you just have to accept it on faith that He accomplished what He intended.

So I beleive I need to give a back story so you will understand better. I was at a different church when God gave me a vision of a palm holding a light in it and the sense was that of meditation on the light. I lso realized through the spirit that it was time to move on to a new church.

I beleive in letting God pick my church and He picked the Society of Friends which it seems to me fit the vision pretty well. Did I learn to focus on Jesus more? I doubt it but I did leartn a lot about the workings of my mind and spirit.

HI Muffled, From Adam and Eve, one learns to believe and trust that which GOD has said rather than another being.
Those Scriptures(Bible) are HIS intended way for HIS created Humans to follow. The "Unity" is with the GOD of those Scriptures---then all can be in unity with one another.(John 17)
1John 4:1-2, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Parsimony

It's going to differ from one individual to another. I pray quite often throughout the day. Regardless, I would consider quality more important than quantity when it comes to prayer. You can make a good quality prayer whether you are Muslim, Christian, Hindu or whatever else. That is, once again, going to depend on the individual being examined.

sincerly

It's going to differ from one individual to another. I pray quite often throughout the day. Regardless, I would consider quality more important than quantity when it comes to prayer. You can make a good quality prayer whether you are Muslim, Christian, Hindu or whatever else. That is, once again, going to depend on the individual being examined.

Hi, Kryptid, agreed. It isn't prayer that has saving power, but the truth of what is believed.

gnostic

The Lost One
I see playing the number game as nothing more than juvenile, vanity and egotistic.

I see people who talk of or brag of how many prayers one makes, or how many followers, how fast the religion is growing, is just shallowness and ego-tripping.

And the person who brag about being more spiritual than others, only want attention for himself, and chances are, not very spiritual at all.

"Hey, you! Look at me...look at me. I'm spiritual. I'm more spiritual than you!"

It sounds childish, but coming from an adult, it also sounds vain and arrogant. It's vainglory.

sincerly

I see playing the number game as nothing more than juvenile, vanity and egotistic.

I see people who talk of or brag of how many prayers one makes, or how many followers, how fast the religion is growing, is just shallowness and ego-tripping.

And the person who brag about being more spiritual than others, only want attention for himself, and chances are, not very spiritual at all.

"Hey, you! Look at me...look at me. I'm spiritual. I'm more spiritual than you!"

It sounds childish, but coming from an adult, it also sounds vain and arrogant. It's vainglory.

However, there is nothing wrong I praising GOD in prayer and thanking HIM for every new Believer that seeks and accepts GOD as their GOD.
Neither is there any wrong in seeking with all ones being to be molded into "HIS LIKENESS" in character.
Agreed, a good thing can be misused---but so can "judging" thy brother/sister.

gnostic

The Lost One
sincerly said:
However, there is nothing wrong I praising GOD in prayer and thanking HIM for every new Believer that seeks and accepts GOD as their GOD.

You are missing my points.

What you to pray god and when you pray to him, is your personal relation between you and Allah, so what you say in your prayers are really none of my business. And that's not the issue.

But when you tell non-Muslims, not necessarily myself, because I don't pray at all, like HOW MANY TIMES you have prayed, it sounds like bragging.

Do you really need to tell people how many times you have prayed? Is it a competition between Muslims and non-Muslims, on who pray the most?

Do you understand what I am saying? Perhaps, someone should explain what I am trying to convey, since you're clearly misunderstanding my 1st post.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

What you to pray god and when you pray to him, is your personal relation between you and Allah, so what you say in your prayers are really none of my business. And that's not the issue.

But when you tell non-Muslims, not necessarily myself, because I don't pray at all, like HOW MANY TIMES you have prayed, it sounds like bragging.

Do you really need to tell people how many times you have prayed? Is it a competition between Muslims and non-Muslims, on who pray the most?

Do you understand what I am saying? Perhaps, someone should explain what I am trying to convey, since you're clearly misunderstanding my 1st post.

Not only Muslims pray, you know.

Bragging about good religious things Muslims do goes under a despicable action similar to hypocrisy (can't find an English word for it) and Islam warned about it. There is also a teaching that says to not let your left hand know what you right hand does, and those are close to each other, not a human to human.

What happened here in this thread was a question answered. There is no bragging about that. If you check my post for it, it was the only one that I did not follow up with further posts to brag. And it was an overview, not about my own prayers.

However, you're not wrong in your post above, and I don't disagree with you. Muslims are humans and do things out of weakness or superiority complex like any others. I too don't like it when people brag to me for the good things they do.

The bottom line is, what you say might be true about Muslims, but Islam does not support it. I, and the well educated Muslims I know around me, don't brag about how we pray.

gnostic

The Lost One
I have no objections to how often either Muslims or Christians pray each day. That's never a issue to me. I couldn't care less.

I just find it outrageously silly and petty to compare who pray the most, as it was a contest between Christians and Muslims. There is no need for to declare that out loud.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I just find it outrageously silly and petty to compare who pray the most, as it was a contest between Christians and Muslims. There is no need for to declare that out loud.

Believe it or not, same here.

I didn't really go through all of the thread, but did either side claim to be better than the other? The little I read here were just direct answers to the OP's question and some further clarifications.

I respect fellow Christians and their beliefs (or anyone's for that matter). I'd never think of showing myself better than them and challenge them for it.

outhouse

Atheistically
I would suggest it depends on the individual.

I wanted to argue that, but I cant.

First we would have to define the physical act, and then the mental thought's.

Physical act, muslims would have.

But overall it would be a individual basis.

gnostic

The Lost One
smart guy said:
Believe it or not, same here.

I didn't really go through all of the thread, but did either side claim to be better than the other? The little I read here were just direct answers to the OP's question and some further clarifications.

I respect fellow Christians and their beliefs (or anyone's for that matter). I'd never think of showing myself better than them and challenge them for it.

My first post wasn't direct at you, as were my 2nd post, but speaking of the OP, and in general to any Muslim or Christian who brag about numbers as if he or she is trying to win a contest between either group.

I am in no way say that you were the one bragging, so I am sorry if I wasn't clear about it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My first post wasn't direct at you, as were my 2nd post, but speaking of the OP, and in general to any Muslim or Christian who brag about numbers as if he or she is trying to win a contest between either group.

I am in no way say that you were the one bragging, so I am sorry if I wasn't clear about it.

I know man, I know you did not mean me. I just used myself as an example. Don't worry about it :)

sincerly

Gnostic, my first post in answer to yours was that I agree with you.(this time).
I do understand what is written, but I have not commented on my personal prayer life. However, I did comment upon your judging others who do pray.

Thusly:
However, there is nothing wrong I(n) praising GOD in prayer and thanking HIM for every new Believer that seeks and accepts GOD as their GOD.
Neither is there any wrong in seeking with all ones being to be molded into "HIS LIKENESS" in character.
Agreed, a good thing can be misused---but so can "judging" thy brother/sister.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you failed ?

HI Muffled, From Adam and Eve, one learns to believe and trust that which GOD has said rather than another being.
Those Scriptures(Bible) are HIS intended way for HIS created Humans to follow. The "Unity" is with the GOD of those Scriptures---then all can be in unity with one another.(John 17)
1John 4:1-2, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

I believe unity does not mean that we all believe the sme things or that we all have to follow the same path and I would give this verse as evidence of that: John 21:21 Peter therefore seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me.

I believe the unity is this that the brethren love me wherever I go and I love them.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe this is speculation on your part. How can a person boast about having a gift? I am on this path because God wants me on this path not because I have done something to deserve it.

I am glad there are poeple in th world who have the gift of evangelism but I don't think that will ever be my gift. So I do not rejoice because one has more than another but simply n the fact that God is working.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post
So you failed ?

I believe unity does not mean that we all believe the sme things or that we all have to follow the same path and I would give this verse as evidence of that: John 21:21 Peter therefore seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me.

I believe the unity is this that the brethren love me wherever I go and I love them.

Muffled, John 17 is Jesus' prayer that all believer's are in the same "unity" as HE is with the FATHER. Since Jesus is the "Way, the Truth, and the Life", it behooves believers to be "One/in Unity" with the principles which were given so that believers are in the correct relationship to Jesus and the Father.(And the Holy Spirit.)
No! the "spiritual gifts"/"talents" which are given are not "alike", but that only emphasizes the truth of the "body of Christ" being as the parable Paul was making with the various parts of the body. We are to labor together to finish the witnessing assignment.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Originally Posted by sincerly View Post
So you failed ?

Muffled, John 17 is Jesus' prayer that all believer's are in the same "unity" as HE is with the FATHER. Since Jesus is the "Way, the Truth, and the Life", it behooves believers to be "One/in Unity" with the principles which were given so that believers are in the correct relationship to Jesus and the Father.(And the Holy Spirit.)
No! the "spiritual gifts"/"talents" which are given are not "alike", but that only emphasizes the truth of the "body of Christ" being as the parable Paul was making with the various parts of the body. We are to labor together to finish the witnessing assignment.

I believe He has to pray for it because it seldom happens. If we waited for this prayer to be fulfilled there would never be any unity before the Kingdom of God comes.

I believe without the aforementioned prayer being answerered this unity will not happen.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post Muffled, John 17 is Jesus' prayer that all believer's are in the same "unity" as HE is with the FATHER. Since Jesus is the "Way, the Truth, and the Life", it behooves believers to be "One/in Unity" with the principles which were given so that believers are in the correct relationship to Jesus and the Father.(And the Holy Spirit.)

I believe He has to pray for it because it seldom happens. If we waited for this prayer to be fulfilled there would never be any unity before the Kingdom of God comes.

I believe without the aforementioned prayer being answerered this unity will not happen.

Muffled, Jesus wasn't praying that all "church members" be unified. Because there are members of the "church" who are not Believers. Also, there are false churches. It was Believers---And Rev.18:4 admonishes Believers "To come out of her my people" and be one(as a unit). The "Believers" will all be of the same mind as was Christ Jesus with the Father.

ALL who are among the Redeemed will be one with the Father and Jesus Christ just as Jesus prayed.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I talk to a Muslim and he argue with me that the pray more than Christians, what do you think?
I agree with him that from Physical point of view yes, but from spiritual I do not agree.

Generalization of an entire religion is stupid. Some Muslims pray more than Christians, and some Christians pray more than Muslims. That's really all there is to it.