• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Muslim pray to God more than Christian

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It is true Muslims pray 5 times a day. Oddly it was Moses who compromised with the prophet Mohammad on that number, he had originally suggested praying 50 times to the prophet.

Christians pray once a week on Sunday when they attend church. They don't believe they have to pray that often because Jesus died for their sins and they are all forgiven. So Muslims are obligated to pray for the infidels to make up the difference because they do not believe in Jesus's resurrection.
What a bunch of uninformed, made-up hogwash.

sojourner

Harikrish

Moses was a fictional character. Quantity doesn't matter in prayer. It's quality that counts. So what's that make Islam? The Wal-Mart Supercenter of mass-produced spiritual activity? I'll take a boutique any day over a big box store.
Islam recognizes all the prophets in the Bible. In fact Moses is mentioned more times in the Quran than the illiterate prophet Mohammed.

I am for a literacy test on the Quran. Every Muslims should know the Quran. There is no excuse for 800 million Muslims to be illiterate and even many million more Muslims who cannot read the Quran because it is written in Arabic. My only message to the ISIS is not to show any mercy to Muslims who cannot even meet the minimum requirement like being able to read their scriptures.

Harikrish

So? Your point is...?

Idn't that special!
The prophet at 40 had achieved nothing in life. He was a camel trader. There was no accomplishments of Mohammad worth mentioning in the Quran. That is why the other prophets are mentioned more times because they accomplished so much more.

sojourner

The prophet at 40 had achieved nothing in life. He was a camel trader. There was no accomplishments of Mohammad worth mentioning in the Quran. That is why the other prophets are mentioned more times because they accomplished so much more.
You never addressed the point that Moses is a fictional character.

J

johnpeter1970

I talk to a Muslim and he argue with me that the pray more than Christians, what do you think?
I agree with him that from Physical point of view yes, but from spiritual I do not agree.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

They deny the Son!

Harikrish

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

They deny the Son!
Jesus also said unless one eats his flesh and drinks his blood, they will not have eternal life.

Here is Jesus in his own words. The red letter bible highlights the quotes in red. Jesus is offering his flesh and blood to be eaten so that those who do will have eternal life. So it is not enough to just believe in him. You have to actually taste him.

John 6: 53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

sincerly

johnpeter1970 said:

They deny the Son!

Jesus also said unless one eats his flesh and drinks his blood, they will not have eternal life.

Here is Jesus in his own words. The red letter bible highlights the quotes in red. Jesus is offering his flesh and blood to be eaten so that those who do will have eternal life. So it is not enough to just believe in him. You have to actually taste him.

John 6: 53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

The passover feast was symbolic of saving of the people of GOD. The People Killed the sacrifical lamb sprinkled the blood on the door post and ate the flesh. At that last Passover feast. Jesus said, (Mark 14:22-25), "
And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many."(Matt.26:26-28; Luke 22:16-20).

In that passover feast/Communion supper, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. It is only in the partaking of these truths that one obtains the eternal life which is freely offered.

Harikrish

johnpeter1970 said:

They deny the Son!

The passover feast was symbolic of saving of the people of GOD. The People Killed the sacrifical lamb sprinkled the blood on the door post and ate the flesh. At that last Passover feast. Jesus said, (Mark 14:22-25), "
And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many."(Matt.26:26-28; Luke 22:16-20).

In that passover feast/Communion supper, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. It is only in the partaking of these truths that one obtains the eternal life which is freely offered.
Please read the verses again. There is no symbolism expressed. Jesus explicitly says his flesh is real food and his blood is real drink.
In fact his disciples were so disgusted by his cannibalistic suggestions they followed him no more.

John 6:60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you?
62 What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.
65 He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

sincerly

sincerly said:
johnpeter1970 said:

They deny the Son!

Please read the verses again. There is no symbolism expressed. Jesus explicitly says his flesh is real food and his blood is real drink.
In fact his disciples were so disgusted by his cannibalistic suggestions they followed him no more.
HK, the symbolism is seen in the contrasting from vss.26 forward which the pharisees also acknowledged and was real at that time when the "manna" fell for forty years. "As Jesus noted", they were not following for the spiritual food---the truths found in HIS miracles--but "for the loaves and was filled". Jesus states GOD the Father sent Him to be the True bread from heaven".--which would not be for forty years--but for eternity.
No! even the Twelve did not eat the actual flesh and blood of Jesus, but Jesus said, vs.62-63, "Doth this offend you?
What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

Peter acknowledged vs.68-69, "Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
"

Those eleven did see Jesus ascend bodily back to the Father accompanied by Angels.
The communion supper was symbolically incorporated/transformed from the passover--body=bread, blood=wine(grape juice)
Jesus did present a real flesh body upon the cross from which poured out real blood.

Harikrish

sincerly said:
johnpeter1970 said:

They deny the Son!

Jesus could not insist people follow his words to eat his flesh and drink his blood because after the resurrection he was only flesh and bones. His blood ran out on the cross.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since I see this thread still moving alone, I guess I'll answer. I think they are pretty much tied. Catholics (are Christian) and pray every day of the week twice in the mornings and once in the afternoon (7, 9, and 12) mass here. They have days of adoration and other holidays of veneration. In addition to prayers throughout the day that make up their relationship with Jesus' family members and followers as well as the Father and Jesus Himself.

I'm sure Muslims pray during the day in addition to their ritual daily prayers.

I talk to a Muslim and he argue with me that the pray more than Christians, what do you think?
I agree with him that from Physical point of view yes, but from spiritual I do not agree.

sincerly

Since I see this thread still moving alone, I guess I'll answer. I think they are pretty much tied. Catholics (are Christian) and pray every day of the week twice in the mornings and once in the afternoon (7, 9, and 12) mass here. They have days of adoration and other holidays of veneration. In addition to prayers throughout the day that make up their relationship with Jesus' family members and followers as well as the Father and Jesus Himself.

I'm sure Muslims pray during the day in addition to their ritual daily prayers.

Unless one's prayer is continuing to express Repentance and submission to the Father's Will, a rote list of items gets no further than one's voice can be heard by the human ear.(And that prayer will only be heard and acknowledged by the Living Creator GOD.)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Unless one's prayer is continuing to express Repentance and submission to the Father's Will, a rote list of items gets no further than one's voice can be heard by the human ear.(And that prayer will only be heard and acknowledged by the Living Creator GOD.)

That, of course, is from your point of view. I am not Christian or Muslim and I pray daily. Objectively, between the two groups Muslims and Christians, I think they are about even. Unless one is talking about who does the most ritual prayers. Protestants don't have too much ritual prayers...it usually spontaneous as I know and/or around a family dinner table things like that.

GreenKepi

Muslim prayer is not only physical.. But spiritual also..

In fact, some people translate the Arabic word used, to "connection" instead of "prayer". B/c the word comes from a root word which means connection or something to that extent - I dunno Arabic though.

Plus Muslims that are particular about their religion try to be 'conscious' of God throughout the day and read the Quran daily.

To be honest I feel that Muslims are more spiritual than Christians, and I'm not just saying that cause I'm a Muslim.

And another thing is that we are able to pray the way our prophet (peace be upon him) taught us and informed us because it is recorded. So even there it is more spiritual because we are praying the way God's prophet did.

And in the 'prayer' some of the things we say are chapter or verses from the Quran in Arabic, which is the verbatim Word of God. So we are reciting the Word of God, not just "inspired" word of God like some Christians say the Bible is, but direct revelation. So in this way we feel 'closer' to God as well then just reading words of a man that could be incorrect even if inspired.

And one of the positions that you get to is prostrating with your forehead on the ground. This is a position of humility and submission to God - quite like what Jesus (peace be upon him) did in the Bible.

And we have recorded supplications that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did, some of which were revealed by angel Gabriel as well so this helps us get closer to God too.

I'm pretty sure also that more Muslims go to the Mosque than Christians go to the Church.
One 'big' difference of the Christian view...than the Muslim view...is that Christians worship a God who is reaching 'down' to them. Muslims are reaching 'up' to a god....

sojourner

Provocative, unfounded drivel.