• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Hillary's disdain for Obama in her emails matter?

whirlingmerc

"...Far more damaging are the emails where Powell discusses Clinton, her email scandal, her health, and her apparent hatred of President Obama. I suspect each of these suddenly very current topics, and not the slam on Trump, are the real reason why the alleged hacking outfit, DCLeaks.com chose to publish the emails now..."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/op-ed-ouch-powell-emails-150723886.html

Democrats have often shallowly said people who disagree with Obama are racist.... will that come back to haunt Hillary?

whirlingmerc

I agree in part, it's rather shallow to say someone disagrees because they are racist... but... that was that liberal talking point.

But the disdain is consistent with Hillary not being transparent and upfront.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'm a Brit so she won't lose anything from me, but I wouldn't vote for her, simply because I admire President Obama who has been elected to the Presidency twice. If Hillary Clinton has shown that she despises such a President then that would tell me what I need to know.

She does seem to be tricky in many ways.

But then there is Donald Trump. How in the United States of America could its 300 million people choose these two as Presidents elect?

Underhill

I'm a Brit so she won't lose anything from me, but I wouldn't vote for her, simply because I admire President Obama who has been elected to the Presidency twice. If Hillary Clinton has shown that she despises such a President then that would tell me what I need to know.

She does seem to be tricky in many ways.

But then there is Donald Trump. How in the United States of America could its 300 million people choose these two as Presidents elect?

Been asking myself that question for a while now.

2 years ago if I were asked if I would vote for Hillary the answer would have been no. But about the time the republican ticket was narrowed down to Trump and Cruz that started changing.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
This has been the big question everyone is asking themselves. The short answer is that the majority of people don't vote in the primaries. For whatever excuse/reason, whatever. That is the reality of it. So, the real question is why is attendance so low at the booths?

4consideration

Premium Member
Who knows? It's a mystery to me.

Starting way back in the early part of the process when I thought we'd be choosing between a Bush and Clinton (a period of time it which only my family was treated with the joy of hearing me rant about politics, and RF remained unscathed :)) I decided for my health I needed to just not watch the stuff leading up to the primaries -- since I couldn't vote in them, anyway. I was livid over that even being a possibility as the two main choices, though.

It's been a really strange experience of feeling like I'm in the Twilight Zone, and the feeling has not lifted since. I am incredulous that this is where we are in our choices...or maybe, it really is just fine and necessary for Americans to actually have it in our faces and admit how corrupt we have allowed our political system to get.

whirlingmerc

It might be a result of how the primaries work.... might be better for each person to rank the choices 1 2 3... and let the low drop out and have an automatic runoff... the process might not work well when there are 3 to 5 factions in a party... there is no perfect voting method

As it stands different sub groups cancel eachother out

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In the minds of fools, perhaps.

It'd be nice to see a political thread about something that actually matters. Americans sure do love their shallow, tabloid gossip...
The downside to this is that Powell and Hill Hill are (or were) on quite friendly terms. These comments, albeit supposedly private, are what Hill Hill's friends are saying about her? Given that Powell is about as respected as politician's get it's not so simple to brush off his comments. Loved his comment about Bill too. LOL....

4consideration

Premium Member
The downside to this is that Powell and Hill Hill are (or were) on quite friendly terms. These comments, albeit supposedly private, are what Hill Hill's friends are saying about her? Given that Powell is about as respected as politician's get it's not so simple to brush off his comments. Loved his comment about Bill too. LOL....
I can't seem to locate him saying something about Bill in what's been posted so far.

What did he say?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"...Far more damaging are the emails where Powell discusses Clinton, her email scandal, her health, and her apparent hatred of President Obama. I suspect each of these suddenly very current topics, and not the slam on Trump, are the real reason why the alleged hacking outfit, DCLeaks.com chose to publish the emails now..."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/op-ed-ouch-powell-emails-150723886.html

Democrats have often shallowly said people who disagree with Obama are racist.... will that come back to haunt Hillary?
You appear to have a predictably skewed and self-serving understanding of the Powell emails.

See: Colin Powell Calls Out The GOP's Racism Problem: There Is 'A Dark Vein Of Intolerance'

So, do you think "that will come back to haunt" Powell?

4consideration

Premium Member
http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/...nton-at-home-inspires-er-descriptive-hashtag/

Curiously, it took me awhile to find the exact quote. News stories about it abound but virtually no one was publishing the actual quote. That is interesting in and of itself.
OK. Thanks. I do find it interesting.

Although, considering the way Hillary used the word "bimbo" in the past, even against women alleging being sexually assaulted/raped, and went after other women Bill slept with for simply being honest about it, I must say I can't stand the use of the word "bimbo." But I suppose having sex with a married person in their own home would qualify for it, unless Bill's sexually assaulting his household staff.

Underhill

Can we please talk about issues

Probably not.

I mean there are really two categories of issues. Those they agree on. Those that are insane. And the majority which are impossible to argue because Trump hasn't had much of anything to say about them.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Probably not.

I mean there are really two categories of issues. Those they agree on. Those that are insane. And the majority which are impossible to argue because Trump hasn't had much of anything to say about them.
Yeah there is that. I'd just rather talk about the climate issue or economic issues then Hillary's emails or what trump said. Though I do acknowledge it's problematic to society to accept some if those things. Since the primary power of the president is in the bully pulpit I think what trump says is more important then Hillary's emails and as Bernie supporter I'm mad at the dnc but #jillnothill

Acim

Revelation all the time
Who knows? It's a mystery to me.

Starting way back in the early part of the process when I thought we'd be choosing between a Bush and Clinton (a period of time it which only my family was treated with the joy of hearing me rant about politics, and RF remained unscathed :)) I decided for my health I needed to just not watch the stuff leading up to the primaries -- since I couldn't vote in them, anyway. I was livid over that even being a possibility as the two main choices, though.

It's been a really strange experience of feeling like I'm in the Twilight Zone, and the feeling has not lifted since. I am incredulous that this is where we are in our choices...or maybe, it really is just fine and necessary for Americans to actually have it in our faces and admit how corrupt we have allowed our political system to get.

As one who has actively chosen not to vote the previous 4 election cycles (and fairly proud of the fact I did not), this all seems explainable to me. I foresaw these type of candidates emerging around the time I chose not to vote. The first time I voted, I didn't see it (and was a bit naive). The second time, I didn't see it until after the election results.

Now, I feel we are (finally) getting candidates that we deserve based on the way things are set up. My non-voting self has much pride in how this is all playing out. The disdain that people have for these 2 candidates I had for the previous 8 or so before this cycle.

Not sure how comforting this will be to those who are truly nervous about one or both of these candidates becoming POTUS, but I would just note that our country and it's politics are way way way bigger than whatever POTUS is bringing to the table. Some people seem to have trouble understanding that, and do treat election like our king, or queen, is about to be decided and it'll impact all facets of their lives. IMO, it could conceivably have less than 5% impact on your life, and for most people I know, I routinely observe that to be the case. Local politics matter way more than national stuff.

To me, politics in general, but for sure election cycles have become a) big business and b) great entertainment.

With all that said, I may actually vote this time around because anyone but Clinton is a principle that makes sense to me right about now.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The path to this situation did not begin with Jerry Falwell, but he was a waypoint on it. The irreligious 'Religious' right has caused this.
Hi....
How? How can one faction cause, and be blamed, for such a situation?
I would have expected Americans to mostly blame the lazy disinterested majority?