• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God want everyone to believe in him?

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
What criteria would I use to judge what are the true and correct things I must "believe"?
I go by the theory that everything has a cause. Evolution has a cause, believe it or not. Nothing randomly generates out of nothing, especially with such precise results like evolution has.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I go by the theory that everything has a cause. Evolution has a cause, believe it or not. Nothing randomly generates out of nothing, especially with such precise results like evolution has.
So then where did your god come from?

It's possible that God is working around you and you just don't realize it. (Job 23:13, Ecclesiastes 3:11) There isn't always a whole lot of evidence for God when you look at events in our lives because we don't know what they lead up to.

Because that supreme being doesn't care? [Edit] Or because he hates us fr some reason?
I don't think you are right. Have you never heard of the cross? Also, have you not noticed the evidence of God's creation is everywhere to be seen so that we are all without excuse. Christ's prophet. Certainty for eternity

RedDragon94

Also, have you not noticed the evidence of God's creation is everywhere to be seen so that we are all without excuse.
Men suppress the truth by their unrighteousness. That means because of our sin we are unable to see God for who he is. If God wanted everyone to see him for who he was he would lead everyone to salvation through general revelation. Instead only the elect benefit from it. Do you have any Scripture to back up what you're saying or is it just your opinion?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are you suggesting that the universe exists without a reason? It goes against common sense .. we are endowed with intelligence. I deduce that life cannot be a coincidence.

You might think otherwise .. to me such a notion is totally illogical.
That may feel so to you and many people, but it is not really the truth in any objective way.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Does God want everyone to believe in him?

If we're talking about the Abrahamic god, then my answer would be:

'Yes, but he's really passive-aggressive about it. Instead of being honest and actively forcing us all to believe in him, he gives us the freedom to choose to belief, then condemns those who choose not to believe in him to eternal torture.'

RedDragon94

'Yes, but he's really passive-aggressive about it. Instead of being honest and actively forcing us all to believe in him, he gives us the freedom to choose to belief, then condemns those who choose not to believe in him to eternal torture.'
He's got a right to do that. We are the vessels God uses. I think we've got it mixed up as humans, God doesn't do whatever we want, he's got his own agenda. So when people pray to God the first thing we ask is that his will be done. If it's not then it's actually bad for us. God desires that people would see his goodness and thereby repent.

InChrist

Free4ever

Actually, I think God is quite straightforward and honest because according to the biblical scriptures everyone is headed to eternal torment (not torture as it is self-inflicted, big difference) because everyone in their sinful state harms God's creation...themselves, others, nature, etc. which impacts the universe God created as good in a very bad way. The option offered to all sinners, instead of eternal torment, is to chose to repent from sin seeking God's forgiveness, a changed life in the here and now, and a life of eternal joy forever.

Last edited: