• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God really exist?

MikeC.

I think If creation happened on it's own, we should see unusual breaking of laws of physics in our universe. These would be "new creations" happening by chance, or some other universes entering from the outside, or parts of creation happening one way, some the other way.

jonathan180iq

I just wondering what do you tihink about it.If you believe in God can you prove that God does exist and if you don't believe in God, can you prove that God does'nt exist? Thanks :)

I cannot prove that Bigfoot does not exist.

Does that mean that faith in his existence is a given, and a very rational thing?

syo

I just wondering what do you tihink about it.If you believe in God can you prove that God does exist and if you don't believe in God, can you prove that God does'nt exist? Thanks :)
of course he exists. who else created the world of mortal beings?

VioletVortex

Think about a wave in the sea. The water that comprises the wave is constantly being replaced as the wave continues to move. However, when you look at the wave from the shore, it is obviously the same wave. That is because it maintains the same form, fluidly making different incarnations.

A deity is a form, much like a wave.

whirlingmerc

God does exist
The Bible says taste and see that the Lord is good in Psalm 34
How do you tell honey tastes good?
you put it on your tounge

whirlingmerc

God does exist

How do you tell that honey tastes good?
you put it on your tongue
'taste and see that the lord is good'

Hawkins

You can ask a similar question to humans in stone age, "does black hole exist?"

The question boils down to if it's a truth, how can humans reach this truth?

If you are a brilliant scientists like Einstein (there's no point to assume so though), you can build everything from the ground up, using your life time in stone age, then prove them black holes exist scientifically. However the chances you can make it is shear if you are sent to stone age with bare hands. The other way, especially under the circumstance that you are no scientist but a common folk, is to invite their faith to believe you.

Similarly, the primary way to your question is for God Himself to show up in front of humans, unless He can provide a sound reason why He has to hide behind. I don't know how other gods deal with this but the Christianity God has a good reason, which is all mankind in the end will have to rely on faith to be saved. So if God shows up, men are dead.

The second most efficient and possible way is for direct eyewitnesses to invite humans' faith to believe. That's the way how humans can reach a truth.

LukeS

I am imagining a town called "faith town" and a sign saying "God this way". Faith is the key to the city gates.

Theology is not always Greek style, i.e. rationalistic, sometimes its an experience of religion as a person journeying through existence through the means of a religious life...

And those who strive for Us - We will surely guide them to Our ways. And indeed, Allah is with the doers of good. quran 29.69 QuranX.com The most complete Quran / Hadith / Tafsir collection available!

Sahl ibn Sa’d (radiyallah ‘anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: “Indeed, this ghayr is treasures and these treasures have keys. Glad tidings for a slave who Allah has made a key for good and a lock for evil; and woe to a slave who Allah has made a key for evil and a lock for good.” (Ibn Majah) Become a key for good and a lock for evil

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
The only treasure is truth. The truth about all the Gods is that they all die eventually.
Horus, Odin, Quetzalcoatl, Isis, Zeus, Anu, Marduk...all dead Gods and there are too many to list. Jesus and Allah will also fade away into myth and obscurity, in time. However now that science has arrived, there will be no further replacements.
Is there some generic creator God, as yet undescribed by any creative self appointed spokesperson for God? Maybe, but I rather doubt it, since there is no evidence, but if so that God would be utterly alien to the subjective human experience. How or why such a God would care what your sexual preferences are etc...is staggeringly difficult to envisage.

Last edited: