• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God question his existence?

Earthling

David Henson
Does God ever wonder how or why he exists?

When I first read the subject title I thought this was a stupid question, but the way you've phrased in in the message it isn't, really. It's quite interesting. I've never thought of it before. I would highly suspect that he doesn't. I suspect that he knows. Keep in mind I'm not an admirer of the theological concept of omniscient as it tends to be exaggerated.

Still, it's an interesting question. If he has always existed and wasn't created he must have always been intelligent. Most likely never was dependent upon anyone or anything. That's difficult for us to wrap our minds around, but from our perspective it's easy to imagine him sitting there, just existing as always, and thinking "Where am I? Who am I? How did I get here? I've always been here. But why?"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
These matters can never be more than speculation, so I'll phrase my response to the OP as a question or two, rather than as dogmatic statements.

Suppose you were god. You knew everything -- including, perhaps, how and why you existed. What could you possibly wonder about?

Nothing. But suppose then you decided you wanted to know what it 'felt like" to wonder about something? How could you go about finding out what that was like?

Maybe you also wanted to know other things too. Things like what it meant to worship something. Or fear something. And so forth.

Do you think it's possible god created humans -- and maybe some other life-forms -- so that god could look at the universe through the eyes and minds of those limited life-forms and then experience what it means to have a limited perspective? A subjective perspective? A perspective capable of the few things a god is incapable of? Things like feeling fear, awe, worship, wonder, etc.?

David T

Premium Member
I was going to make a snide remark, P, but after thinking about I realized this is not that bad a question.
Oh if god reads the forum posts i have to say most certainly the answer is yes.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Does God ever wonder how or why he exists?

Wrong question.

The question everyone should ponder upon and seek an answer to is how and why "we", each and everyone of us, exists at all. Everyone just takes their life for granted without ever wondering about the marvel and mystery of it all. That not only do they exist, but have a self-awareness that they exist, without that, how would they even know they existed. And then WHY do we exist, for what purpose? To go to school to learn a trade, then work for a corporation to earn money, to spend all your earned money on useless consumer products that you don't really need, so spend your entire life in debt, or is there some higher purpose?

Shantanu

Because he is a God, Gods does not have doubt, like we humans has
Doubts can be easily erased through the process of persistent delusional ordering of the mind. It is a psychiatric disorder according to my Mental Health authorities that I have suffered from all my life.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Doubts can be easily erased through the process of persistent delusional ordering of the mind. It is a psychiatric disorder according to my Mental Health authorities that I have suffered from all my life.

It is sad to hear you suffered from mental illness all your life.
]Doubts can be easily erased through the process of persistent delusional ordering of the mind. I not sure we should persitant try to seek delutional ordering But in my own experience doubt disapear when one calms the mind so one see clearly what actually happens in this world. No drugs needed only calming of mind

Shantanu

It is sad to hear you suffered from mental illness all your life.
]Doubts can be easily erased through the process of persistent delusional ordering of the mind. I not sure we should persitant try to seek delutional ordering But in my own experience doubt disapear when one calms the mind so one see clearly what actually happens in this world. No drugs needed only calming of mind
Truth calms the mind.

Shantanu

only an Awaken God or Buddha can see the truth as it really is. So i still looking for the ultimate truth, but i stoped looking outward, now i only look inward to find the truth within me
One must never give up hope to find the truth: that is the only cure to ones suffering as medications never worked for me. The mental health authorities have placed me on medications of risperidone 4 mg daily (antipsychotic) and sertraline 100 mg daily (anti-depressant) but without truth I am still restless.