• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Make Mistakes?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
'
SkepticThinker The topic is...
Does God Make Mistakes?

Would you rather for me post scripture?! How can I defend God' superiority without talking about "God"!?
I think what I said hit very close to home; all you have left is accusation! Fact is God is superior! Fact is God knows all things and you do not!
This ...

Only God is perfect... God died "Sinless" he rose from the dead because "The wage of sin is death" All who trust in the resurrection will also rise!

Isn't an explanation of anything at all. It's just repetitious preaching. It's just a claim. Same as quoting the Bible. Demonstrate that God is superior instead of just repeating it over and over.

Baroodi

What about the floods that occurred before there was human habitation? How are those the cause of human beings?

Or are you saying that rising water from heavy rains is only classified as being a flood if it affects human beings.

Baroodi

before human habitation, water was all over the place as the first thing in the story of the genesis of the worlds. God says in Quran (He is the One who created the heavens and the earth in six days. His throne was on water to test you (humans) to see who is doing better among you) Surat Hood; verse 7
Prophet Mohammed says ( There was only God and nothing else) referring to the period before the creation of heavens and earths. ref. Elbukhari book of the prophetic sayings

joelr

I think all that is just excuses.

The vast amount of psychology, neuroscience, behavioral science and human studies/real world experience and brain studies, from really smart people and decades of testing and experience show you are incorrect. Tip - mental illness is real.

Quran says that we should believe Jesus. I do so.

Quran says Jesus is a man who is a prophet. Not a savior demigod.

Dogknox20

This ...

Only God is perfect... God died "Sinless" he rose from the dead because "The wage of sin is death" All who trust in the resurrection will also rise!

Isn't an explanation of anything at all. It's just repetitious preaching. It's just a claim. Same as quoting the Bible. Demonstrate that God is superior instead of just repeating it over and over.
Okay how about this attempt to address "Does God make Mistakes"?!
Does God make mistakes... Answer is NO because God is Perfect!
To prove it.... God rose from the dead because ONLY God is perfect; A perfect God MUST be sinless!

A perfect God cannot make mistakes otherwise he would NOT be perfect! Satan wants man to believe God is not perfect!
Science claims to prove there is no God! BUT....

SkepticThinker
but if this is so, how come Man has ALWAYS believed in God and always will!?! Man does not believe the world is flat because science has proven the world is round! If Science has proven there is no God how come man still believes in a God?!

Scripture..
Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Science proves there is a God... God is the designer creation cannot be by random chance!

Dogknox20

before human habitation, water was all over the place as the first thing in the story of the genesis of the worlds. God says in Quran (He is the One who created the heavens and the earth in six days. His throne was on water to test you (humans) to see who is doing better among you) Surat Hood; verse 7
Prophet Mohammed says ( There was only God and nothing else) referring to the period before the creation of heavens and earths. ref. Elbukhari book of the prophetic sayings

Hello Baroodi
There is an Anti-Christ! There is NOT an Anti-Buddha, Anti-Mohamad, Anti-Krishna etc
Christians are Christ followers!
Christians believe: Jesus is God... God became man to save man! Satan (Anti-Christ) is against Christians because he rejects truth, he rejects God; Satan rejects the message of Christians!
Matthew 5:2
Jesus said:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you

Baroodi God LOVES Man proven by his sacrifice on the cross for us!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Okay how about this attempt to address "Does God make Mistakes"?!
Does God make mistakes... Answer is NO because God is Perfect!
To prove it.... God rose from the dead because ONLY God is perfect; A perfect God MUST be sinless!

A perfect God cannot make mistakes otherwise he would NOT be perfect! Satan wants man to believe God is not perfect!
Science claims to prove there is no God! BUT....

SkepticThinker
but if this is so, how come Man has ALWAYS believed in God and always will!?! Man does not believe the world is flat because science has proven the world is round! If Science has proven there is no God how come man still believes in a God?!

Scripture..
Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Science proves there is a God... God is the designer creation cannot be by random chance!
It's the exact same preachy answer you've been giving for days now. :shrug:

Dogknox20

It's the exact same preachy answer you've been giving for days now. :shrug:
You don't want scripture and you don't want to entertain any idea of a Perfect God??

The topic is "Does >>GOD<< make mistakes?!" How is it possible to address the question without the mention of God?!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You don't want scripture and you don't want to entertain any idea of a Perfect God??

The topic is "Does >>GOD<< make mistakes?!" How is it possible to address the question without the mention of God?!
I haven't said not to mention God(s), now have I?
What I'm saying is that quoting Bible verses at me isn't getting you anywhere. I'm asking for explanations in your own words which would require you to think through my questions a little more thoroughly.

Kelly of the Phoenix

No doubt the babies, in that society, would have at least tended to evil. But all of them? We know of one that didn't, Noah himself!
I would argue that Noah was a jerk. There is no evidence that he intended to build the ark with other people in mind. Also the first thing he does after that is go on a bender and cursed a grandson.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I would argue that Noah was a jerk. There is no evidence that he intended to build the ark with other people in mind. Also the first thing he does after that is go on a bender and cursed a grandson.

Yes. But ....

Genesis 6:9 Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

Odd behavior for such a righteous guy. Maybe he suffered from PTSD after going through the flood and so on.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I haven't said not to mention God(s), now have I?
What I'm saying is that quoting Bible verses at me isn't getting you anywhere. I'm asking for explanations in your own words which would require you to think through my questions a little more thoroughly.

I've been thinking about this and here's another way of looking at it.

Let's say the discussion was about some aspect of science where both debaters agreed on the basics but disagreed on some implications. It would be perfectly reasonable to post a quotation from some text book to save having to rephrase it all, because both agree that the basics are correct, and the discussion goes on from that point.

Simply quoting the Bible to a skeptic is not analogous to that situation, because the accuracy of the texts is not agreed on. In the latter case, the Bible text must be supported in some way, or at least have the proviso "according to the Bible" appended.

Putting it another way, to quote the Bible as the only response to an argument is only valid between those who accept the infallibility of the Bible, say Seminary students, or when discussing the texts themselves.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe that sums up your approach perfectly. Material evidence is useless? Seriously?

But ... if you don't believe evidence is any use, why do you believe that is evidence of human error?

Believe away. Make sure you don't include any evidence though.

I believe since the evidence is that which comes from the mind that it is not material nor scientific.

I believe no-one can read someone's mind. The evidence we have is in their words. No doubt humans are capable of thinking erroneous things. How does one prove if something is a construct or not. Jesus says it is by the fruit ie results. If a person receives Jesus as Lord and Savior and stops committing crimes then that is proof that Jesus saves people. Since Jesus also claims to be God in the flesh, He is proof of a living God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Lucky you don't have to take evidence into account. Then anything can be true. I believe I'm multi-millionaire. I'll be AFK for a while, I'm looking over some properties in the Hamptons.

I believe I have not seen any evidence pertaining to my theory. The basis for my belief is that the huge land shift that caused the Indonesian tsunami was felt in NYC. That is a huge push on the earth that could have been capable of changing the earths position. I asked my physicist cousin if earth shifting was possible and he said it was.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The sacred text says that God was sorry he made man and decided to flood the earth. So yes, God makes mistakes.

Gen 6:5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

I believe this was why and it was not His mistake, it was Satan's mistake.

Dogknox20

I've been thinking about this and here's another way of looking at it.

Let's say the discussion was about some aspect of science where both debaters agreed on the basics but disagreed on some implications. It would be perfectly reasonable to post a quotation from some text book to save having to rephrase it all, because both agree that the basics are correct, and the discussion goes on from that point.

Simply quoting the Bible to a skeptic is not analogous to that situation, because the accuracy of the texts is not agreed on. In the latter case, the Bible text must be supported in some way, or at least have the proviso "according to the Bible" appended.

Putting it another way, to quote the Bible as the only response to an argument is only valid between those who accept the infallibility of the Bible, say Seminary students, or when discussing the texts themselves.
Alien826 I agree... To someone who rejects the scriptures it would be folly to use the bible... BUT...

Alien826 but the question posed is "Does God make mistakes"?! The topic is about "God" thus the only other way there can be is to use logic and it says, "God is perfect" otherwise God would not be God!! Example: Satan is not God all know he is not perfect! God MUST be perfect so logic says: God cannot make mistakes!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Does God Make Mistakes?

Well the Hellenist Pauline's god is all set to make mistakes invariably as their Jesus-god and Holy-Ghost-god was never believed by (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?

Regards

joelr

And Quran says we should believe Jesus. (Also, Bible doesn't say Jesus is demigod).

Do you do everything a book tells you? Yes scripture says Jesus is a demigod.
A demigod has a sky-father God as a father - Yahweh and a mortal earth woman as a mother, - Mary.
Herecles had Zeus as a father who impregnated a mortal woman, hence, demigod. This pairing is very common in the theology of that time and place.