• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Make Mistakes?

Dogknox20

If not, what was the flood about?
Nakosis good to meet you..
God does NOT make mistakes... God is perfect if he made mistakes, he would NOT be God!

The flood removed men who rejected God!

It comes down to "Free Will"!

Think... God is Love! To love someone, you cannot force them to love you! Nakosis "if you do not love me, I will punch you in the mouth"! Would you love me with a threat as this?! NO!
God could make us love but then our love would NOT be true love! God made man in his image "God is Love". Man can love or with "Free Will" man can chose NOT to love!!

It is a CHOICE! Adam the first PERFECT man made a free will choice... He chose NOT to love, not loving God he disobeyed God! Adam brought corruption and sin into God' PERFECT creation by his free will! God does all things perfectly... He created Adam perfect, if he did not create Adam perfect, he would not be God! The Perfect man chose not to love! Dogs, pigs, chickens' snails, ants etc. cannot love they do not have free will! ONLY.....

Nakosis
only man is made in the image of LOVE; God is love! The earth was full of men who did not love thus the flood next time God will destroy earth with "Fire"! Satan had his wings clipped; Jesus tells us he saw Satan fall from the sky... Satan is stuck on this earth "FOREVER"! All who choose NOT to love are Children of Satan they also will be stuck on a burnt out crisp of a planet FOREVER! When Jesus comes just before the FIRE all of God' children will be caught >>UP<< away from the earth>>Caught UP<< into the kingdom of heaven!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
In various ways entropy could easy wipe all of us out. And I'm not even talking human entropic, like war or nuclear bombs. The entropy of nature cannot be controlled to mind living things, yet, so it is up to us to try to survive such encounters. But to say that entropy is all bad is incorrect too, without the entropy of the Universe the asteroid that caused the ice age and killed all the dinosaurs wouldn't have happened.

Now, you might ask yourself, what does entropy have anything to do with God? The eternal spacetime is The Omniverse, whereas the eternal forces of it, entropy and extropy, are part of my Godhood idea, by myself becoming trinitarian pantheist. In only one point of view does God or entropy make mistakes, and that is determined by whoever is alive at that time. Was it a mistake for the dinosaurs to become instinct due to Universal entropy? The dinosaurs would think so, but we would find that to be a benefit to us, because without that happening humans would never be able to survive on Earth.

Another ice age is inevitable on Earth but by then we'll exist on planets with conditions superior to that. Our lineage will exist forever in some way. Our extropic output is so rapidly increasing now that once we establish full unity among our species, we'll never go back.

Dogknox20

In various ways entropy could easy wipe all of us out. And I'm not even talking human entropic, like war or nuclear bombs. The entropy of nature cannot be controlled to mind living things, yet, so it is up to us to try to survive such encounters. But to say that entropy is all bad is incorrect too, without the entropy of the Universe the asteroid that caused the ice age and killed all the dinosaurs wouldn't have happened.

Now, you might ask yourself, what does entropy have anything to do with God? The eternal spacetime is The Omniverse, whereas the eternal forces of it, entropy and extropy, are part of my Godhood idea, by myself becoming trinitarian pantheist. In only one point of view does God or entropy make mistakes, and that is determined by whoever is alive at that time. Was it a mistake for the dinosaurs to become instinct due to Universal entropy? The dinosaurs would think so, but we would find that to be a benefit to us, because without that happening humans would never be able to survive on Earth.

Another ice age is inevitable on Earth but by then we'll exist on planets with conditions superior to that. Our lineage will exist forever in some way. Our extropic output is so rapidly increasing now that once we establish full unity among our species, we'll never go back.
Exaltist Good to meet you...

I reply: The scriptures tell us "Until the Moon Fails"! I think there will be another asteroid but this time hitting the Moon that in turn will destroy the earth!
Psalm 72:7
In his days may the righteous flourish and prosperity abound till the moon is no more.
Joel 2:10
Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine.
Scriptures tell us "Men will die from fright!
Men will hide in caves!
25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It comes down to "Free Will"!

Think... God is Love! To love someone, you cannot force them to love you! Nakosis "if you do not love me, I will punch you in the mouth"! Would you love me with a threat as this?! NO!
God could make us love but then our love would NOT be true love! God made man in his image "God is Love". Man can love or with "Free Will" man can chose NOT to love!!
:heart::cool::greenheart::cool::greenheart::cool::heart:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Does God Make Mistakes?

No

If not, what was the flood about?
God knows

Past is past; I can't be bothered with it
Future is uncertain; I don't think about it
Present is now; all I need to think about

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what was the flood about?

I have an opinion, but it will be naturalistic. No, God doesn't make mistakes. That God doesn't exist for me, and so can't.

The flood story was invented to account for the finding of marine fossils on mountaintops. Think about it. Suppose you found them. How did they get there? Wouldn't that be so great a mystery that it would occupy much of your thinking until you came up with a plausible answer? What would that be in the days before seafloor uplift was a thing. The mountaintops must have been submerged by the mother of all floods, much bigger than the ones they had seen, which don't cover mountains higher than hills. Only God could have done that, so why would he? What's the answer for every one of these riddles, such as why do we labor for our food and die rather than live in paradise forever? Why were Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? Why were the Jews exiled into captivity? It's always the same answer: God was man at man, who needed to be smacked. So why was the whole world drowned save one family and a few animals? God was mad at man for being a sinner.

The problem here is that this story depicts the deity as a failure as an engineer twice, first when he made man, an error he regretted, and then when he repopulated the earth using the same breeding stock. Guess what? More sinners. This story is very demeaning to the deity, and not just for these two intellectual errors, but the moral error of indiscriminately destroying terrestrial life whatever the species. I don't think you include a story like that in your mythos unless you think you need to. I don't have another hypothesis for why they would write or include a story like that in a holy book. It's part of the argument that this perfect deity that makes errors and regrets them cannot exist for the same reason that married bachelors don't exist.

So free will is only a problem if you actually use it?

In Christianity it is. It's the highway to hell. This religion has a love-hate relationship with free will. On the one hand, it describes it as a gift from god because he loves us and doesn't want "robots," the exercise of which pleases him if one guesses right and wills to believe, and then goes on to try every trick to get one not to exercise it if what one wills isn't what God wills.

Dogknox20

Well, that wasn't by God. You are talking about the wrong God. But that is in the end God's fault, because She made you so. ;) :D
mikkel_the_dane good to meet you...
1) God made Adam perfect... He was corrupted by his free choice to sin.
We are his descendants... CAN'T....

mikkel_the_dane
can't make perfection from using corrupted material! All peoples are born children of Adam all his children are thus NOT perfect all of us are born unperfect! Only God is perfect! All die because we are not perfect!

Jesus is the Man/God he was born perfect; he is the second Adam! All "ADDED" to the body of Jesus will rise from the grave!
1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:45
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

2) I add... If you think God is a "She" then you have to accept Satan also as "SHE"!