• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God have Favorites?

Sahar

So it's all about whoever strokes god's ego? God must be really insecure if he needs constant reassurance through worship. Sounds like a human weakness.
:sarcastic

"O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself."

Hadith Qudsi

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Father Heathen you are digressing. The issue you question has to do with "Why does God need us to worship him" and has nothing to do with whether He has favorites. Maybe you want to start a new thread on that.

I am assuming on this thread that we are assuming in the OP that
1. God does exist.
2. Worshipping Him is a good thing
The OP is merelly the question if God has favourites.. Where does that say that worshipping him is a good thing?

blackout

Violet.
God loves the people in churches most who have the most money,
and the least personal problems, right?

Surely you can SEE who is blessed and who isn't with your own two eyes.

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

>Does God have favorite people?

According to the Baha'i scriptures, definitely!: Humanity.

Best,

Bruce

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Yeah but orangutans are also far less PROductive compared to humans who have built roads, bridged, the internet, etc.

Tyr

Proud viking :D:D
Jews ring any bells gods suposed chosen people thought it seems he enjoys putting them through hell

Darkwater

Love the Bind-rune Tyr!

As a (sometimes) proud member of a civic nation I do not discriminate between jew nor greek,scottishman nor englishman.

To be a Scot is to imply a melanged ethneccissity,though we have very close ties with Meine Brudher's in the old Celtic Church & Norse Pantheon.First guy I met was Tyr,he picked me out from the other blades of grass & I had to ram my rune stave into him.He gave me a bind rune not unlike your sig.

Heil Odin!

Heil Void!

gnostic

The Lost One
Yep. God has a favourite alright. I think God favoured the birds. Birds are great bunch of people.

Snow_Owl

I don't really know if he has favorites. He favored the ancient nation of Israel long ago when he sent them to the promised land but our God forgives who so ever TRUELY believes regardless of their past deeds.

Laila

According to the Quran we are only one better/closer to God than the rest of creation by righteous deeds. Therefore regardless of race, religion or cultural differences we are asked to learn from each other and compete in righteousness.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Yeah but orangutans are also far less PROductive compared to humans who have built roads, bridged, the internet, etc.
Because of course that's what God mades us for.. to kill his made nature with roads and bridges.. Much better than the orangutans that live with his nature :rolleyes:

tomspug

Absorbant
Does God have favorite people?
That would require for God to not be all-knowing. If he wasn't, then yeah, he might pay more attention to the people he knew more about.

I like to think that we are all beautiful and interesting in completely unique ways. So if God knew absolutely everything about us, he would be constantly fascinated by all of us.