• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God have Favorites?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know about favorite people, but I have it on good authority that Lynyrdd Skynyrdd is His favorite band.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Sure, the meek, they're a good bunch the meek.

Edit: You spelt favourites wrong. :p

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
A mother shouldn't have a favourite son either, but they all do..:rolleyes:

I see nothing wrong in having a favourite, so God might have favourites...
Not sure if his favourite is human though..

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Does God have favorite people?

Yes sure. The prophets are the best of people so they are the favorite of God. The more you are close to God obeying Him and loving Him and remembering Him you will be among his favorite.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Of course. It would be injustice if He didn't have favorites.

Surely, those who spent their lives rejecting His existence or fighting Prophets He sent and died as such can not be equal to those who spent their whole lives worshipping God and serving His creation, mankind. Of course He has favorites.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Surely, those who spent their lives rejecting His existence
To Reject: to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose, or use.
Well, that would put me as atheist in the safe-zone. I don't reject him at all. First of all there is little to reject if you don't believe in it and second, if he would give me only 1 thing to work with.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
To Reject: to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose, or use.
Well, that would put me as atheist in the safe-zone. I don't reject him at all. First of all there is little to reject if you don't believe in it and second, if he would give me only 1 thing to work with.
Times like these I wish people would use the "Same-faith" forum more often. I mean what is the point even of asking an Atheist this question when he does not believe in God in the first place?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Times like these I wish people would use the "Same-faith" forum more often. I mean what is the point even of asking an Atheist this question when he does not believe in God in the first place?
I am atheist by mind. On this forum however, I can be both. It's not hard thinking about God, It's believing in it wich I am unable to do. Up untill now that is at least..

The reason that not all these topics should be same faith debate is because I got an opinion on this matter that counts exactly as hard as your opinion. Even though you do believe in God, your answer is just as hard a guess as mine is. :rolleyes:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course. It would be injustice if He didn't have favorites.

Surely, those who spent their lives rejecting His existence or fighting Prophets He sent and died as such can not be equal to those who spent their whole lives worshipping God and serving His creation, mankind. Of course He has favorites.

So it's all about whoever strokes god's ego? God must be really insecure if he needs constant reassurance through worship. Sounds like a human weakness.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Father Heathen you are digressing. The issue you question has to do with "Why does God need us to worship him" and has nothing to do with whether He has favorites. Maybe you want to start a new thread on that.

I am assuming on this thread that we are assuming in the OP that
1. God does exist.
2. Worshipping Him is a good thing