• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God forgive???

Philda Tressie

God Supremist
This shows that your god is responsible for crimes as it forgives criminals but why that merciful god who forgives criminal shows no mercy towards lakhs of people of world who are suffering from war, epidemics, hunger etc. I also don't think that jesus was god however this is out of this thread so I will not comment in this case.

You do hate God, don't you? Is the state of the world not the result of humanity's sinfulness, including you and me. Why blame God? What punishment do you suggest God metes out to us or me, assuming you are without sin? Forgive - no pun intended - my assertion that you are sinfull!

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
You do hate God, don't you? Is the state of the world not the result of humanity's sinfulness, including you and me. Why blame God?

It's not me but u blaming god. You blamed god by telling "god forgives crime". Isn't it a crime to forgive criminals. Will this not result in increase in crime.

my assertion that you are sinfull!
If I am sinful than God will definitely punish me. :D

Philda Tressie

God Supremist
I think I should point out that not all Christian churches subscribe to the idea of the "sacrifice on the cross".

It's not me but u blaming god. You blamed god by telling "god forgives crime". Isn't it a crime to forgive criminals. Will this not result in increase in crime.

If I am sinful than God will definitely punish me. :D

Sumit, I have concluded that: >You did not understand anything that I posted; or
>You've made up your mind that you are right or
>both of the above.
I rest my case. Peace be with you.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
sumit, i have concluded that: >you did not understand anything that i posted; or
>you've made up your mind that you are right or
>both of the above.
I rest my case. Peace be with you.
........................................ :)

InChrist

Free4ever
Do you believe that God forgive your sins. Why and why not???

I believe according to the biblical scriptures the Creator God forgives sins because the requirements of justice have been met through the payment for all sin by Jesus Christ. This payment is applied to the lives of all who believe God's way of forgiveness, repent and turn from their life of sin to a new life in Christ the Savior.

Harrytic

God forgives those he wishes to forgive. If anything, the bible shows us that God favours belief over righteousness. But that’s another debate altogether.

Christ was the ultimate blood sacrifice, but God does not need this sacrifice to forgive. He will give mercy to babies and those under the age of understanding, the mentally challenged and those who have never heard the gospel if he so desires without the need for them to acknowledge Christ’s sacrifice for them. He forgave people throughout the bible without the need for innocent beings to be slaughtered, even though he seemed to prefer this type of blood sacrifice. This shows that Christ’s death on the cross was nothing more than a symbolic act, a way that somehow managed to appease God’s anger a little like a sincere apology and perhaps a gift may appease a human’s anger. Christ’s blood itself has no miracle working power, unless that blood somehow has control over God.

Philda Tressie

God Supremist
The assumption of forgiveness that some might have because of the 'sacrifice on the cross'.

Oh. The Crucifixion, together with Jesus' was the culmination of God's desire to demonstrate to the world how to obey and submit to Him in order to gain eternal (spiritual) life. Despite Jesus' physical death on the Cross, we are not absolved from punishment for unconfessed and unrepented sin.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
I believe according to the biblical scriptures the Creator God forgives sins because the requirements of justice have been met through the payment for all sin by Jesus Christ. This payment is applied to the lives of all who believe God's way of forgiveness, repent and turn from their life of sin to a new life in Christ the Savior.

So acc to your concept people are free to crime because Jesus paid for their sins.:D

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
God forgives those he wishes to forgive. If anything, the bible shows us that God favours belief over righteousness. But that’s another debate altogether.

Christ was the ultimate blood sacrifice, but God does not need this sacrifice to forgive. He will give mercy to babies and those under the age of understanding, the mentally challenged and those who have never heard the gospel if he so desires without the need for them to acknowledge Christ’s sacrifice for them. He forgave people throughout the bible without the need for innocent beings to be slaughtered, even though he seemed to prefer this type of blood sacrifice. This shows that Christ’s death on the cross was nothing more than a symbolic act, a way that somehow managed to appease God’s anger a little like a sincere apology and perhaps a gift may appease a human’s anger. Christ’s blood itself has no miracle working power, unless that blood somehow has control over God.
The question is Why or Why not. :)

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
God could only forgive sin if He was blind enough to take offense to sin in the first place.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
Please Simplify this statement :help:

I'd say it is pretty simple as it stands. I assume what you want is something of an explanation because my idea is a drastic change from what you've known.

I was raised in fundamentalist Christianity. I was brought up to believe that God is bound by His perfect nature to be offended at sin. If you were raised to believe in God similarly, I suggest to you that you should think of all of the people you've known here on earth whose nature is to become offended easily.

If these beings are anywhere near perfect, would it not stand to reason that God must be the ultimate self-righteous hypocrite?

Last edited: