• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God forgive???

F0uad

If he wills it yes if not no, asking his forgiveness in Islam is by repentance and following what he said.

F0uad

This shows that god is under the influence of "desires". Also if god forgive sins it's Law of Justice would be destroyed, and all men would become most sinful.

Would you call justice a desire? If a judge judges someone because its hes job instead of a desire?

Do you want to debate how Justice and being Merciful can co-exist?

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
If a judge judges someone because its hes job instead of a desire?
Can a judge forgive a criminal only because he wills????

Do you want to debate how Justice and being Merciful can co-exist?
The question was
Do you believe that God forgive your sins. Why and why not???
So here I ask "why"???

F0uad

Can a judge forgive a criminal only because he wills????
He can if the Criminal for example stole something and gave it back or paid the person back.

So here I ask "why"???
Again the answer is yes if he wants.

I think your confused the idea is that God is more just then hes creations he is more merciful then hes creations and this continues.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
He can if the Criminal for example stole something and gave it back or paid the person back.
I think your confused the idea is that God is more just then hes creations he is more merciful then hes creations and this continues.
Means god forgives crime. But by forgiving the criminals Is god not responsible for the increase in crime. Also if god forgive even a single criminals than this will show the discrimination of god against other criminals and injustice of god to those against whom the criminal committed crime.

F0uad

Means god forgives crime. But by forgiving the criminals Is god not responsible for the increase in crime. Also if god forgive even a single criminals than this will show the discrimination of god against other criminals and injustice of god to those against whom the criminal committed crime.

You forget the notion that things are measured that we cannot posses but i get your point.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
You forget the notion that things are measured that we cannot posses but i get your point.
Sorry I don't get your point. :sorry1:
Do you mean that god forgives the small sins and not big crimes?
If this is your point that please answer weather god forgives small sins of everyone or shows discrimination here.

chinu

chinu
Do you believe that God forgive your sins. Why and why not???
Sins get vanish automatically by coming into the contact of God, Or.. Sins get vanish automatically by getting that divine "state of affair", Or we can say.. these sins are responsible to disconnect us from God, Or we can say.. as many are the sins, as much we are far from God.

Going towards God is equal to going towards that "divine state of affair" and it can forgive our sins, or God forgives our sins. :)

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Sins get vanish automatically by coming into the contact of God, Or.. Sins get vanish automatically by getting that divine "state of affair", Or we can say.. these sins are responsible to disconnect us from God, Or we can say.. as many are the sins, as much we are far from God.

Going towards God is equal to going towards that "divine state of affair" and it can forgive our sins, or God forgives our sins.
What was that????:confused::confused:
A troll I guess.:D

En'me

RightBehindEveryoneElse
What was that????:confused::confused:
A troll I guess.:D

Going towards God is equal to going towards that "divine state of affair" and it can forgive our sins, or God forgives our sins. :)

"Sins vanish automatically by coming into contact with God or they (sins) vanish automatically by experiencing that 'divine connection with God, or contact with a sacred place.' In other words, these sins are responsible for disconnecting us from God or we could say.. the more sins we have, the farther away from God we are.

Going towards God is equal to '
experiencing that divine connection/visiting a sacred place and feeling the connection' and that verily, forgives our sins, since that is God itself also.'

It's not that hard to understand. You just have to read it more carefully, not everyone is as well versed in English, that does not automatically make them a troll. :sarcastic

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
"Sins vanish automatically by coming into contact with God or they (sins) vanish automatically by experiencing that 'divine connection with God, or contact with a sacred place.' In other words, these sins are responsible for disconnecting us from God or we could say.. the more sins we have, the farther away from God we are.

Going towards God is equal to 'experiencing that divine connection/visiting a sacred place and feeling the connection' and that verily, forgives our sins, since that is God itself also.'
Thanks for helping my english. :)

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
"Sins vanish automatically by coming into contact with God or they (sins) vanish automatically by experiencing that 'divine connection with God, or contact with a sacred place.'
Sacred place????
In other words, these sins are responsible for disconnecting us from God or we could say..

the more sins we have, the farther away from God we are.

It's not that hard to understand. You just have to read it more carefully, not everyone is as well versed in English, that does not automatically make them a troll.
even I'am not very well versed in eng. I said so because the statements are contradictory. Once you say that sins vanish on divine connection and on other hand you say that sins takes you away from god. Also ques is same that this will show injustice of god as I described earlier.

chinu

chinu
Also ques is same that this will show injustice of god as I described earlier.
In the begaining when we were one with God we all were sinless, and you know which was the first sin that we made ?
The first sin was "That we aparted". :)

Thus.. if it's injustice, we ourself are responsible for that.:D

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
In the begaining when we were one with God we all were sinless, and you know which was the first sin that we made ?
The first sin was "That we aparted". :)

Thus.. if it's injustice, we ourself are responsible for that.:D

Please read my post and comments and I hope u will understand that "what the thread is about" :sad4:

En'me

RightBehindEveryoneElse
Thanks for helping my english. :)

No problem, although I feel to be quite the smart ***, taking liberty of interpreting your messege. Hope I didn't offend you. :p

Please read my post and comments and I hope u will understand that "what the thread is about" :sad4:

Well, in his opinion, God forgives sins (if we start approaching him). So he answered your question with a "yes, God does forgive sins."

Sin, is actualy proposed by the Abhramic faiths and constitutes that which is not in order with God's laws. And herein lies the problem, because different religions paint God's laws differently. Further more, God is conceptionilized differently in different periods of time and place, restricted by culture (not always, but many times).

Therefore, there is already an inherent problem in discerning of whether God does or does not forgive sins since the definition of "God" and "sins" is different from religion to religion, worse even, from a group to group, from an individual to an individual (and their subjective interpretations). Thus, it is not a question of simple answers, or of being correct or false, right or wrong.

I have a hard time understanding you, Sumit, since you come from the Vedic Religion. Sin is not presented in the Vedas, not even in the Hindu culture at vast and the closest thing in Hinduism is "papa", that which brings negative karma and is not necesarilly against the personal will of God.

Please tell me then, from what perspective do you pose this question? I'm just really curious, nothing personal. :D

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Well, in his opinion, God forgives sins (if we start approaching him). So he answered your question with a "yes, God does forgive sins."
This is incomplete ans. Second part of ques was "Why or Why not".
Also here are some other questions which I asked in my comments to those who replied yes--
Also if god forgive sins it's Law of Justice would be destroyed, and all men would become most sinful.

But by forgiving the criminals Is god not responsible for the increase in crime. Also if god forgive even a single criminals than this will show the discrimination of god against other criminals and injustice of god to those against whom the criminal committed crime.
So it's still unanswered. :)

I have a hard time understanding you, Sumit, since you come from the Vedic Religion. Sin is not presented in the Vedas, not even in the Hindu culture at vast and the closest thing in Hinduism is "papa", that which brings negative karma and is not necesarilly against the personal will of God.

Please tell me then, from what perspective do you pose this question? I'm just really curious, nothing personal. :D
Here by sin I means wrong deeds, crimes etc. Vedas clearly describes that god does not forgive your bad deeds. You have to pay for what you did.