• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Bernie Sanders health condition ruin his chances?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I planned on voting for Bernie but since his health scare I’m afraid that with other voters his heart condition may sway Democratic voters into voting for Warren or Biden. Something like Bernie’s condition can happen to a lot of Americans, but I also think when we see a health scare in a potential candidate we question whether they’ll even survive their campaign or the presidency which may seem to ruin our vote.

But what do you think?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I planned on voting for Bernie but since his health scare I’m afraid that with other voters his heart condition may sway Democratic voters into voting for Warren or Biden. Something like Bernie’s condition can happen to a lot of Americans, but I also think when we see a health scare in a potential candidate we question whether they’ll even survive their campaign or the presidency which may seem to ruin our vote.

But what do you think?

If you were to like Bernie's choice for V.P., then you should vote for him.

joe1776

Yes. His heart problems hurt him. The only question is how much?

I think his campaign was in trouble even before this incident so it wouldn't surprise me if he throws in the towel and encourages his base to back Warren.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It looks like all the front runners are in their '70s. I wonder how many of them already have stents we haven't heard about.

Larry King had a heart attack and quintuple bypass surgery way back in '87, and stents in 2010. He's 85 now.
Dick Cheney's had at least five heart attacks, the 1st at age 37. He's had angioplasties, stents, bypass surgery, a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, a left ventricular assist device implanted and finally a heart transplant. Somehow, he's still with us at 78.

People can live a long time with heart disease.

Altfish

Veteran Member
For the sake of his own health; he should withdraw. Heart issues and the pressure of US politics do not mix

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Politicians seem to be getting progressively older. Maybe Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should run.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If you were to like Bernie's choice for V.P., then you should vote for him.

Oh that's clever especially since you're in support of a dumb a******* like Trump considering he is always being investigated cause he is so stupid like his base but what do I know.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
For the sake of his own health; he should withdraw. Heart issues and the pressure of US politics do not mix

Trump has mental health issues, didn't stop him. Professionally I think Trump has mental health problems that he is willing to not allowed to be diagnosed.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aren't most politicians narcissistic, sociopathic, authoritarian or social dominants?:rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It looks like all the front runners are in their '70s. I wonder how many of them already have stents we haven't heard about.

Larry King had a heart attack and quintuple bypass surgery way back in '87, and stents in 2010. He's 85 now.
Dick Cheney's had at least five heart attacks, the 1st at age 37. He's had angioplasties, stents, bypass surgery, a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, a left ventricular assist device implanted and finally a heart transplant. Somehow, he's still with us at 78.

Being somebody who had a heart attack and already stented myself, that's pretty uplifting stuff! :O)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Heart issues are a lot different to mental issues.

Not necessarily considering if you have to make intellectual decisions that could not just affect one but multiple people. If you've digressing into mental defect being in a role of leadership is not the best situation to be in. God forbid, and I mean this with all sincerity but if Bernie died, it would affect him, but Trump has a mental defect (including Guiliani) that he is not willing to admit, but his decision making can affect us all.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Not necessarily considering if you have to make intellectual decisions that could not just affect one but multiple people. If you've digressing into mental defect being in a role of leadership is not the best situation to be in. God forbid, and I mean this with all sincerity but if Bernie died, it would affect him, but Trump has a mental defect (including Guiliani) that he is not willing to admit, but his decision making can affect us all.
I'm thinking purely from a personal point of view, not what is best for the nation.
You don't want a stressful job if you have heart problems.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm thinking purely from a personal point of view, not what is best for the nation.
You don't want a stressful job if you have heart problems.

I agree which is why now that Bernie has a heart situation it questions his role in his campaign. We saw Obama his role before his two four year terms. He had black hair. Now it's white. That's stress!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree which is why now that Bernie has a heart situation it questions his role in his campaign. We saw Obama his role before his two four year terms. He had black hair. Now it's white. That's stress!
Traditionally I would have said no, and I know that it will hurt his chances in the primary. But I am far from being a medical expert. I would like to hear from an unbiased source that does a full medical work up on him.

sooda

Veteran Member

But what do you think?

Probably does ruin his chances.. He's too old to be president, but at least we know Bernie has a heart.

Get well soon, Bernie!

Bob the Unbeliever

Yeah... I expect in Cheny's case, it was that he never actually uses his heart for anything resembling empathy.... ;)

averageJOE

zombie
It's not going to hurt is run. He had a standard procedure and will most likely come back even stronger. However, he'd better take his age into consideration and choose a young, strong VP that would continue his fight if something happens to him. And that VP should be Tulsi Gabbard. They are not 100% identical in policies. In fact, her health care plan is hearbreakingly terrible. But she would continue his fight in the White House. Not to mention she is the very best on foreign policy and would make the best Commander in Chief than anyone else running. A Sanders/Gabbard 2020 ticket would be unbeatable in my opinion.