• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Atheism Lead to Weight Gain?

I live in Texas where there's an abundance of overweight christians....so I don't think it has anything to do with being christian or atheist, I think it has more to do with the culture. People in Texas love to eat...plain and simple. Although Austin, TX is sort of a liberal bastion, as well as a college town and there seems to be quite a few atheists there and most of them vegan and skinny, but again, I think that's more the culture of Austin and not a reflection on atheists.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
From what i have seen of America it seems to me the bible belt tends to be obese... Take from that whatever you want
Obesity:
2013-state-obesity-prevalence-map.png

Politics:
USA_2020_Mercbl.jpeg

Religion:
1300px-Map_of_US%2C_Religions.svg.png

idea

Question Everything
I live in Texas where there's an abundance of overweight christians....so I don't think it has anything to do with being christian or atheist, I think it has more to do with the culture. People in Texas love to eat...plain and simple. Although Austin, TX is sort of a liberal bastion, as well as a college town and there seems to be quite a few atheists there and most of them vegan and skinny, but again, I think that's more the culture of Austin and not a reflection on atheists.

Good old Tx. Where you here when bluebell was closed for listeria? When they re-opened, everyone rushed to get their bluebell - our grocery had someone stationed at the frozen food section enforcing "2 gallons per customer" in the chaos. Where else would people jump to buy and support an unsanitary food company?

Houston is religiously and in every way diverse - Hindu, Muslim, Jews, all variety of Christians, there is Houston Oasis | Secular Community etc. It is not like the Bible belt, it seems to be a good sort of southern hospitality going on down here. but yes. overweight :)

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
It depends on the type of conservatism.

Most of the time people don’t respond strongly against things like “I think states should have more power” or “I think there should be fewer taxes.”

It’s the sad fact that post-80’s conservatism (in America at least) has gotten in the business of making a culture out of disenfranchising and marginalizing people (for being homosexual, or trans, or a woman, or foreign, or…)
I was talking about the type of conservatism that most conservatives believe in. Most conservatives do not oppose the rights of gays or transgender people. But we believe the transgender thing and all the sexual labels has going to far.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It depends on the type of conservatism.

Most of the time people don’t respond strongly against things like “I think states should have more power” or “I think there should be fewer taxes.”

It’s the sad fact that post-80’s conservatism (in America at least) has gotten in the business of making a culture out of disenfranchising and marginalizing people (for being homosexual, or trans, or a woman, or foreign, or…)

There are other countries that have higher taxes than the U.S, but a lot of those countries give back a lot of things free for the taxes they charge from the citizens.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You did, but you hid it in your eye socket.

Don't think I didn't notice.

Nope, never, once had a jaguar on another forum, closest I've been to a non human animal. All the time here its been my skull, except one day recently when i had a pic of me for a day