• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Atheism Lead to Weight Gain?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Clara Tea

Does Atheism Lead to Weight Gain? Or is it just my imagination?
Friar Tuck (Robinhood's merry man) fried too many chickens....got fat.

Many highly ranked judges of witch trials were said to be tubby.

upload_2021-8-10_21-6-48.jpeg

Christian Bale gained 43 pounds for a role in "American Hustle." The weight injured his back permanently, and he vowed to not do that again.

I could lose 40 pounds of ugly fat, but I don't want to cut off my head.

From OsloChurch.com:

upload_2021-8-10_21-9-14.jpeg

upload_2021-8-10_21-12-21.jpeg

https://twitter.com/famousbodies/status/682919236063236096

upload_2021-8-10_21-13-29.jpeg

Sometimes weight gain isn't from fat, it is from muscle, as shown in the two pictures, above, of actor Austin Butler.

images

Actor Christopher Atkins was thin when young and put on weight...which is what a lot of people do.

Students sometimes put on weight when the rigors of education become too great. So, many who study religion might put on weight, but, because religious studies are not very demanding, it is more likely that well educated atheists are fatter.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Or is it just my imagination?
The hypothalamus is the part of the brain that controls balance in the body. Blood sugar, hunger, body temperature, etc. It is in a region of the brain near the amygdala. The amygdala processes fear and threat stimuli. Since atheists do not believe in God, they do not fear God. Since a person that does not fear feels comfortable and comfort food is the order of the day, increased signaling from the amygdala to the hypothalamus results in feelings of hunger to balance out the lack of fear. Atheists consume more and more often, thus gaining weight.

You can read all about it in my Dunning/Kruger neuroscience PhD dissertation. Or not, since a Dunning/Kruger degree doesn't require actual classroom work, laboratory work, field experience or research of any type.

Enjoy the veal.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
It is that too.
But anti-conservatism dominates.
My authority....
A decade+ of observation.
And I once attended a large public school.
I don't know what liberal and conservative are anymore. They have changed a lot in the last 45 years.

RestlessSoul

I'm not sure how asking this question benefits us. Better surely, to ask "What belief system can guarantee weight loss?"

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Have we decided whether we're (well, us atheists) are going to gain weight yet?

My roommates made lettuce wraps tonight with shredded meat (I forget the name, it's Peruvian) and I might have had two.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
1) Atheists don't eat kosher or halal.

2) As a result, atheists can eat bacon.

Therefore, atheism leads to weight gain.

We had (sadly no longer with us) a family friend. He would visit us every Saturday morning after synagogue for one of moms bacon sandwiches.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Atheists worship at supermarkets instead of church on a Sunday morning, so they probably get more exercise.
Though maybe this means they buy more ice-cream?

If you set tour mind to it and truly decide you don't want the ice cream then it's not fattening.

Or at least it is my belief that eating food you don't really want is non fattening

Works for chocolate too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know what liberal and conservative are anymore. They have changed a lot in the last 45 years.
The difference....
Liberals love big government.
Conservatives love big government.

I'll try again.

Liberals pretend to like black folk.
Conservatives pretend to like small government.